Who should I talk to about TFWe?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by WuLongTi, Jun 7, 2012.

1. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    I'm interested in proposing a column for the TFWe and I sent a PM as requested but it has yet to be read. After about a month or two of waiting I sent a followup PM to everyone on TFWe staff. The PMs were read by secretcode and sol fury, but neither one has given me any kind of reply at all. The PMs to the other staff members have yet to be read.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I contact somebody else?

Is my proposal just that bad that it doesn't deserve to be acknowledged?

At this point I feel like I'm just firing in the dark...

I had also put together a graphic package for Tokunation (favicon and app icons) and never got any sort of reply there either... is it me? do I offend? :( 

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hi,

TFWe is kind of on an extended hiatus, if you haven't noticed. We're not really taking any requests at this time for anything related to it. When it gets going again, I'm sure someone will be in contact with you. Thanks for the interest.

We have people who work on graphics for our sites. We don't take solicitations for them. Also, we don't need an "app icon" since we don't have any apps nor any plans to launch any.

Thanks.

3. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    TFWe has output stuff rather infrequently and inconsistently but I thought I'd take a stab anyhow.

As for the "App icon" it isn't for a native app per say, on the iPhone (and I assume android phones as well) you can bookmark a site onto your springboard (also called a homescreen) so you can launch it right from there. The forum does currently have a favicon, however it is the favicon belonging to vBulletin (the software running the site). If you try to add the site to your springboard then a screencap of the page is used. It seems silly to me to look a gift horse in the mouth but that's cool. I'm a professional web developer and graphic designer so I was just trying to share my skills with the fandom.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me Joe, I do honestly appreciate it.

4. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    You may also want to follow up with Kickback on both TFWe and TokuNation stuff, he is in a lead role for both of those projects. Though - he is a busy guy as well, so be patient with replies :) .

Later!

5. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    Thanks Tony, I appreciate the response. :) 

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll just throw in my apologies for not getting back to you on your PM, I did see it and figured to let Kickback respond as TFWe is very much his baby.