Who should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm going to return my ROTF Voyager Megatron as I just find him extremely lacking in robot mode, his massive back kibble, his crab hand and gimp arm are all major letdowns. I'm thinking of taking him back and getting either voyager Starscream, putting the $21 towards leader class Jetfire or putting it towards FPs Superion Appendage set.

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Starscream is great, but you might want to wait to get the leader version. I already got the voyager before the leader was announced, so I might end up with both...oh well though, as long as leader doesnt dissapoint..

Jetfire is really good too, but is hard to find. I actually just got really lucky and happened to find the last one at my local target this afternoon, so let me tell you - Jetfire does not let you down, its great.

Might I ask if you have leader megs? If not, you should try him out. Hes much better than voyager in my opinon.

So if you either dont mind having both leader and voyager starscream or arent planning on getting leader starscream, go with 'scream. If not, then go with Jetfire.

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I was originally planning to repaint Voyager Megatron as Skullgrin but I'm not anymore, I'm disappointed with his bot mode. Starscream I'm going to repaint as Bugly unless we get a ROTF Bugly, since we're getting Bludgeon and Mindwipe, I want the entire Chaos Trinity.

My wm might not even have Starscream though so I might pick up Jetfire if they still have him, if not I'm using it to get Superion's add on limbs.

4. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

Voyager Megatron is a good figure. He is better than the leader version. I finally was able to pick up the last Jetfire at my Walmart.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you return it, I'd say get Jetfire. He's pretty slick, and you can always combine him with Prime (even if the combination isn't as spectacular in appearance as, say, the keychain version).

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Mixmaster, unless you already have him.

Starscream is pretty good too.

7. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

I say you dont take a figure you already bought and opened back to the store.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    If its within the store's policy, I see no problems with it.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    And if a person is not happy with their purchase, why can't they?

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I don't condone returning figs that don't have a factory defect. We see reviews months before they are released. You pretty much know what you are getting. I don't like the getting a toy, not liking it and taking it back. .... doesn't seem right to me.

That being said, if you are going to do it anyways......Jetfire is amazing. Mixmaster is a beast as well.

12. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    They had Jetfire but I decided to skip him for now and go for superions appendage set.

13. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Good choice. Jetfire won't be disappearing anytime soon, and at least you can pick it up locally.

14. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

^ This

15. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ this too.

Was at walmart last week and wanted Sideways and Sideswipe. I found both. Then I looked...hey Sideswipe doesn't really look like a corvette stingray with his purple/pink windows and grey audi exterior. Someone had returned a Sideswipe and shoved sideways inside his packaging. Walmart employees went "oh, you ripped the card open and want to return it. Sure"

16. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Well we aren't actually talking about swapping toys here. We are talking about taking something back that you don't care for, or is not the right "fit" for you. If someone dosen't want something, I'm sure someone else would be more than happy to get it.

17. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Hey, I returned a figure. I didn't return a different figure than what came inside the box, I returned the figure that cam factory sealed. He had a cool alt mode, which is what he was packaged in, but when I transformed him I found his bot mode was severely lacking. Instead of throwing it out or trading it off I took it back and got a refund since I had to go out and get groceries anyways. I bought the toy, didn't like it and returned it. Deal with it.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Starscreams bot mode sucks. So weak and flimsy. I can get voyager Megatron in much better poses. Hell, I can get TFTM Starscream in much better poses than ROTF Starscream. His jet mode is really good though but that's it.

19. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

This is just ignorant behavior. Deal with that. You used it, took it back and expect someone else to pay full price for something you man-handled. If you open a DVD and watch it and decide you don't like it, you can't just take it back. If you buy clothing and decide you don't like it, you can't just take it back (tags removed). If you buy a cheeseburger and decide you don't like it - so on and so forth.

Unless something is broken, grow the hell up and accept your decision. If you're posting in a fan site, you have no excuse. You knew what you were buying. This site has had at least three seperate galleries submitted along with video reviews; Peaugh, D Banks and S250 I believe. How is it possible that you had no idea the bot mode was 'lacking'?

I worked for TRU and KB for years, and I'm so glad I got to say "no" to people who wanted to bring stuff back cause they didn't like it. Boo-hoo.

20. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Oh shut up and get over yourself. It's something pictorial reviews can't always decide for you, I actually thought he looked cool in the reviews but as it turned out he sucked so I got a refund.

If I bought a cheeseburger and it was crappy tasting damn right I'd take it back, clothing you can try on before you buy at most places so you know what you're buying. DVDs you can rent before you buy and see if you like them, Transformers on the other hand are not the same, you can't transform them before you buy them, you can't get a good in person scope of them before you buy them unless a friend owns them. I got him, expected a decent alt mode and was disappointed so I returned him. In this day and age you can't throw away money by doing something like keeping a figure you don't like, I took it back and that's that. It's not like I replaced him with a movie 1 voyager megs or something.

Anyways I'm going to be preordering the Fans Project Superion add on limbs. This thread is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.