Who should die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jun 24, 2009.

?

Who should die?

1. Optimus Prime.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Bumblebee.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Ratchet.

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Ironhide.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's pretend Michael Bay decides to add more drama to Transformers 3 by killing off one of the four classic Autobots (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Ironhide).

Who should it be?

2. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Ironhide after a great battle. Like the death of dinobots in beast wars. That would be a really great choice.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would be between Ironhide and Ratchet, and my money would be on Ratchet.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    ironhide or ratchet mainly because prime died in ROTF and bumblebee's death would cause war that would probably be started be me.

5. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet. First movie didn't do much. Second movie did less of didn't do much. He also had two lines, one that annoyed me and that was
    telling Ironhide they should leave earth
    which i thought made him look like he didn't care for the humans and gave up

6. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Can't permanently kill off Prime or Bumblebee since they are the two biggest favorites, so it would be between Ratchet and Ironhide. I say Ironhide because the audience is probably more attached to him than Ratchet and it would have more of an effect.

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Ratchet are no longer needed and should be killed. All the humans should also be killed so there will be more screen time for the robots.

8. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

They'd never kill Optimus or Bee just because they're fan favorites, but Ironhide and Ratchet make sense. Ironhide is the muscle and most skilled armsman of the Autobots, so without him they'd be weakened, but without Ratchet, their wounds would take longer to heal, and they'd be more vulnerable. Either one, really, but my money would be on Ironhide.

9. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I just wouldn't kill any of them.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ironhide.

His truck is no longer being manufactured. Just give him one last blaze of glory, such as single handedly covering the other characters retreating, and taking down many enemies before finally being overwhelmed, then self-destructing himself to make sure that even in his last moments, he takes as many of them with him as possible.

And actually having the characters reacting to his death would also be a good second step. Like if someone like Dune Runner or Landmine were in the film, and in the final battle they take down the guy who finished off Ironhide, they could make a comment: "That was for a good Autobot you took offline. His name was Ironhide!"

Ratchet I don't see as having the kind of potential to actually elicit a decent impact on the story. If Ironhide died, it could really tie together with the first two because he is arguably the most important Autobot after Optimus and Bumblebee in both films.

11. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

^This:D