Who shot Megatron in the first movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SHINOBI03, Jul 12, 2012.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Was it Starscream who took the opportunity of confusion and shot Megatron before fleeing the battle or it was just the army?

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    according to reign fo Starscream, Starscream was about to shot megatron, but before he could, Sam Killed Megatron so it was just the army

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    In the movie? Nothing is ever shown or stated regarding the matter. As it stands in the movie, it's possible either way. Schrodinger's Attack. Starscream both attacks Megatron and doesn't attack Megatron, until it's proven one way or the other. It makes sense that Starscream does that, given how he more or less effortlessly blends back into the squad of F-22s, confusing them all. Even once they get a lock on him, changing back and forth constantly and moving around is enough to make anyone dizzy, so by the time they engage Megatron, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Starscream is also joining in on the fun. But as I said, nothing is shown definitively either way. I know a lot of fans have their own canon where Starscream is definitely one of the jets that attack, including me. :D  Just makes the characters and situations a bit more fun.

As eagc said, Reign of Starscream has its own explanation.

4. Gravemind 95

Gravemind 95 Wrecker

I shot him :) 

5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Hardy Har Har! Very funny guys! You know, when someone asks a serious question, he expects a serious answer!

Starscream was being chased by the Raptors, and I don't think they'v split their team so one chases Starscream and the other shoot after Megatron. The way I saw the scene was Starscream destroyed most of them, and the rest went after him, and all of a sudden a Raptor fires a missile at Megatron. I found it odd that they went after SS and then switch to Megatron. The first shooter had to be Starscream.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Going strictly by movie canon (all three of them), has Starscream ever shown any indication of backstabbery against Megatron? He's slimy, sure, and cowering and pathetic and gets beaten around by Megatron in ROTF, but the worst thing he ever does is abandoning Megatron after the latter gets killed by Sam and the cube.

7. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Megatron would have known starscream shot him, and he would have killed starscream, so I say it was just the humans who shot Megatron

8. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

In all seriousness no. Starscream did have the perfect chance to attack him. But he passed it up by exposing himself to the other F-22's and attacking them destroying all but 3, one of which broke off to chase him away and the other 2 attacking Megatron.

If anything he saved Megatron since the 2 jets full payloads weren't enough to kill him. But if all of them and Starscream attacked him they might have killed him outright, allowing the All spark to remain undestroyed.

So no. This indicates he didn't want Megatron dead.

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I like to believe that Starscream aided in the attack on Megatron.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Stop spamming. Only warning.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, while I like the idea that Starscream shot Megatron, we never really see that attitude in either of the other movies, so I don't think he really did. I wish they would've actually pushed that story line though. Starscream should've been killed by Megatron in ROTF, then his indestructable spark could come back during the 3rd.