Who says a faction hopper has to be a Cybertronian?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Jun 20, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Just something I was tossing around in my mind. It always seems to be a Cybertronian hopping the fence like an indecisive grasshopper, maybe it's time for a new angle.

With the overall development of the Miko character, especially with her actions in this last episode and Shadowzone it does not seem to be an utter impossibility Miko's character could be developed into being a traitor. Granted it would still take some work and is not something that would happen next week or anything, but there are tangible seeds in that character's attitude which could be lead down that path. We all know she has little to no compassion, she has little to no concern about the safety of those around her, indeed some of the more common signs of an over-exuberant youth, but with well planned manipulation flaws than can be highly exploited with the proper and nudges in the right direction, like I said, not an overnight occurrence for sure highly possible.

It could actually provide a good amount of drama and fresh stories that, to the best of my recollection have not happened on a permanent basis in a Transformers series yet (sure we had zany mind control devices a plenty.) If done properly it has the capacity to generate massive character development in the Autobots around the board, let alone showing the ramifications on Jack and Raf. Especially Raf, whom I would bet would not handle it well.

Not being the best of writers I wouldn't want to venture down a long winded post of what could be done or shown with each individual character as a result but I will say it could be used as a method to break Optimus down in a hurry given a proper sequence of events.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Miko is far too genre savvy to go turncoat.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the museum guard is the most likely to go evil.

He just had... something in his eyes.

4. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If MECH gets their own transforming mechs, I was thinking of one of the now faceless grunts teaming up with the bots & using Prime Mech-tech

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe a human member of MECH becomes an autobot intel agent...or is really a pretender...

jD001

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't think so. Miko ist just a normal girl like I know hundreds. The most evil thing Miko might do is becoming a stripper when she turns 18 :lol 

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Miko for Prime's Professor Princess.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubt it will ever happen. Besides, it's not like the humans actually have anyone to turn to. The best they could do is tell one of the Decepticons where the Autobots are hiding, and even then, that's not accomplishing much on the human's part other than the sake of being a traitor. I'm more interested in the robots turning sides.

9. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

^well there is MECH, though I wouldn't see them accepting Miko as a member of MECH.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

While I like the idea of the humans turning to the Decepticons, I think turning Miko into a Decepticon would be absolutely dreadful, would be that classic fan-thing "Let's make her a villain because the fans hate her!": She wouldn't stand a day as a Deception, and she has no maturity enough to even THINK in switching sides, she has the mindset of a tenyears old, you can't expect a person like that to do something complex like becoming evil.

For her, this whole war is pretty much "GOOD GIANT ROBOTS VS BAD GIANT ROBOTS", she is pretty much like we were when we were five years old watching Transformers: Not understanding SHIT about the costs and losses of the War, she only knows the Decepticons are the bad guys, the Autobots are the good guys and Bulkhead is her friend, anything beyond that would be either character development or out-of-character.

Of the main humans, the one who could turn into a 'Con for me would be Agent Fowler [Evil military for the WIN] but he is too awesome, out of the main children? Raf would give a freaking good Decepticon I tell he you, the boy is smart and the most ingenous of the three children, it would be easy to imagine him switching sides.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Depending on whether or not they want to play up the jerk vibe I think Vince could make a pretty good spy for the Cons. Though his introduction didn't hint at this possibility, he was a jerk but didn't seem outright evil. They'd have to develop him more in a certain way for it to work.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I actually really dig the idea of Miko becoming a traitor.

13. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

If it's a human that switches sides that would be overall boring.

14. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Sierra's silent friend is gonna betray the Bots. It all makes sense, she doesn't talk because she's got a manly Decepticon's voice, she was in detention because she's evil, and she's always with Sierra so she can spy on Jack and, indirectly, Arcee.

15. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

Miko has potential of becoming a human decepticon but probably not, she'd be too annoying for the cons, although I do like the idea of Sierra's friend being a con spy, perhaps her name is Alice?

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I swear I hope they give her that name. Even if it's just for trolling purposes.

17. KnightHawkke

Still think Alice is gonna be project chimera, well a pretender of some kind anyway.

18. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I'd much rather that she instead of being on the side of being an evil, selfish bitch who cruelly insults sensitive 12 year-olds, gives her supposed "best friend" the cold shoulder because he almost got killed by his arch-nemesis (Sorry, I don't buy the suggestion she was disappointed in him for not wanting to put his old grudges aside, she's nowhere near considerate enough for that), and generally disregard everybody's well-being around her, switches over to being a slightly more disciplined, slightly more considerate, but much more bearable person to be around.

Hell, she wouldn't be more evil than she is now even if she WAS a Decepticon - on their side, she'd at least cause a lot of damage to the Con cause, thus becoming actually somewhat good.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

The only reason the kids are friends with the bots is because the Autobots have a respect for humanity. Decepticons would have no interest in making friends with humans. Little alone human kids.
    The only humans they would ever team up with would be MECH, and that'd only be because MECH might have something they want.

I hope not. That'd just be stupid.

20. KnightHawkke

I wasn't debating how cool it would be, and not necessarily a direct clone of the humanoid robot in the film, but with as dark and gritty as this show is I could easily see them using humans augmented with cybertronian technology both internally and externally, or human brains in cybertronian bodies, neither would shock me.

Or the less sci-fi dramatic exo suits :lol 

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011