Who saw the animated movie in theaters back then?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HordakFan, May 7, 2011.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

I did when i was 5 with my 14 year old big brother who was also a TF fan. I cried whe but it was a great experience seeing it on the big screen.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw it when I was 7 with my dad in West Palm Beach, FL while on vacation

3. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

I saw it at the movies....

The place went hysterical when Prime died. Kids were wailing, parents had to remove their children, my mother was outraged....it was an experience.

I went opening day....nobody knew it was coming.

Dex

4. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

I did. My parents took me, my brother, and a friend. Parents were very strict, so with the swearing and the blaring rock soundtrack , I felt like I was watching a dirty movie at times haha.

Other memories:

-originally thinking for a second this was a redux of MTME with the attack on the shuttle

-shock and anger at Autobot & Starscream deaths

-sadness and anger at the death of Optimus. Don't remember crying, but I know I was sad

- my parents LOVING Grimlock (especially the part where he says "Me Grimlock kick butt!", which was odd cause they even considered "butt" a bad word to use)

5. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

I did with my dad and older sister,yeah i cried too lol

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went with a friend of mine. I do remember a "whoa" feeling at the opening massacre, what stood out to me was the Junkion planet sequence - when the opening notes to Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid" kicked in (We were familiar with the song already, so we recognized it immediately) the two of us looked at each other with a "WTF?" expression in unison, as if we were acting in a sitcom. :) 

7. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Took my younger brother with me. He was 5 and didn't jump on the craze, but I was a fan for two years by then. Spike swearing and OP's death probably weren't the best things for him to experience at that age.

8. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i saw it when i was 9 with a friend. i was sad for the longest time after prime died lol.

9. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saw it opening day with my mom. I specifically remember enjoying the huge fight, wondering how all the Decepticons fit in Astrotrain, and why people were upset when Prime turned grey. Honestly, it didn't affect me at all, but then again, I've always liked the Decepticons more. I was more upset when the Insecticons got run over.

10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i was 20 years old and in california at the time. i went and seen it 4 times loved the '86 movie and like alot of members here have it on dvd.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I did and it was all of the kids talked about in the playground.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I saw it and Rock Lords back when. Remember going to TFTM with my dad then going and buying an Astrotrain at Asda afterwards. Still got that old Astrotrain, bit beat up and one of the side panels is broken, I ought to see if I can repair him with parts from my other one. Y'know, for sentimental reasons.

13. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i also went..i remember it being hot outside in charleston(sc) and i was about 6yrs old..my dad asked us(my younger brother and i) if we wanted to go get ice cream..what kid doesnt want ice cream RIGHT!!!!..so we jump into the car and off we went to get icecream..i remember passing one of the local ice cream stores and saying "dad u just pass the ice cream store"..to which he responded "im taking yall to another ice cream store"..minutes later we pull up to an empty lot and i remember sitting in the car waiting for what seemed like hours while my dad was talking to one of his friends..then being told to get in the car w/this guy and his 2 kids...i remember looking up at a billboard and seeing the start times(the empty lot was right next to the movie theater) for transformers the movie and being extremely excited cuz i just had a feeling we were going to watch this movie...the guy turns around and ask my brother and i if we are ready to go see the movie...and i respond "what movie...arent we going to get ice cream"...in an inquisitive voice..and the guy looks at me and says.."naw were r going to c the new transformers movie...u like transformers dont u..ur dad says ur a big fan...and i immediatly started yelling "WE'RE GOING TO C TRANSFORMERS......WE'RE GOING TO C TRANSFORMERS."and off we went to c the transformers........and yes i cried when prime died...and i remember being in shock when magnus and spike cussed.....best movie experience to date....ohhhh i forgot to add i did get to eat ice cream right after that..lol....

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  14. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I did.

Cheered when Prime died. It was like a moral victory for the only kid I knew who had Megatron instead of Prime. It's more than that, actually. It's a moral victory for every easily-beaten, disposable, worthless badguy in an 80s cartoon.

The bad guys don't get to win very often in these sorts of properties, so that one victory meant a lot to me.

15. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

i did

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Commack Multiplex on long Island Sat afternoon :) 

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw it with a friend, it was the first movie I saw in a theater without an adult.

18. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I saw it in Glasgow, my Dad really enjoyed it, even without seeing any of the cartoons before.

I loved it. Got the ladybird book after seeing it too, that book was read sooooooo much!

19. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Didnt see the movie until 8 months later when it showed in Europe i was were i was leaving at the time before coming back to Canada. I was 7

20. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I did. I kept turning to my mom asking "when are they bringing back Optimus?"