Who said Michael Bay won't direct Transformers 4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 2, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

I'm sure we all know by now that there will be a Transformers 4. There is just so many more characters and stories in the Transformer universe to just give up now. Lately rumors are Spielberg might direct Transformers 4. I for one would think that is a terrible idea. Michael Bay has finally made an awesome Transformers movie, with T1 right behind.

Who says he can't improve his formula? Sure he says he is sad to leave the franchise but this is hollywood we are talking about, DOTM will be sure to make over a billion world wide and Bay will come back for more.

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God said it!

.....If there is one.

3. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

After DotM, I wouldn't mind another Bay TF film at all, but considering he's just spent half a decade on this franchise, he's probably ready to move on to other projects, unless he's a bigger Transformers fan than any of us think.

DotM is good place for him to stop.

4. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I think Michael Bay said it. But, things do change.

I really hope he comes back to do more. Not right away. The man does have other things on his plate but give it 3 to 4 years and I'm sure he will be back.

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Michael said it himself.

6. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Megatron, Shockwave and Starscream would like to have a word with you. :D 

7. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

I think the best way to go is have the most menacing decepticon ever, Unicron reviving Megatron to become Galvatron.

I would love to see DOTM Optimus Prime vs. Galvatron. :) 

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    He said it. I don't need a reboot, but I'd like a director who focuses more on character development and story and less on the American military in the next movie. I want space-based stuff with Unicron and Galvatron.

In fact, Unicron can combine Sentinel and Megatron, you've already got the voice for Galvatron...

9. badbot98

badbot98 Antihero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or he could make sentinel prime into nemesis prime and megatron into galvatron

10. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

Michael Bay said it himself. So in a way, yes.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    NO!

NO!

No no no no

Plese God NO!

12. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I really hope he is gone. Spielberg cant be thinking Bay did good with DOTM. And Bay's pretty much admitted he had no idea what was going on when he made ROTF. Please no more Bay. Please.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Michael Bay or not, I just can't see where they can go from here. Then again, if this movie performs well at the box office and the toys are a raging success, are you really going to tell me that Hasbro/Paramount are going to just sit on their hands for the next 5-10 years with no product on the big screen...?

As good as Prime is, it can't carry the franchise by itself once DotM is gone.

14. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

bay gave us good action, hoping someone else comes in and gives us good story.

15. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    I think Shia Labeouf said it best: Nononononononononono!!!!!!

16. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    Im not gonna diss him, he revived transformers to an all new popularity but i think the time has come for a change and someone else to take the movie series forward

17. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I hope not. We already had 2 movies with a prime as a villain (ROTF: The Fallen, DOTM: Sentinel Prime) and I'd like something different if they made a 4th movie. Else people would get the idea that every prime except for Optimus is evil. Though Nemesis could be a good idea for a later movie, IF they ever make more movies.

I must say that I think Galvatron is the most logical solution, though I don't really like him... I would've preferred the ending from the novel where Megatron still lives, so he could return as a villain, but whatever. I still want Galvatron to be voiced by Hugo Weaving, though. And please, give the man enough to say, because I was disappointed with how little he actually said in DOTM...

And I think I have to agree with the people saying Unicron as well, because he might be another logical next step. But to make him work, I wouldn't stay with just 1 movie, I would dedicate 2 about him. So they should probably shoot a TF4 back-to-back with TF5...

So this is what I'm thinking about:
    Make Unicron appear in TF4 and have him revive Megatron as Galvatron. Perhaps bring in Cyclonus and Scourge as well, but they aren't reallt necessary. Galvatron assembles a new army by going to Cybertron (which I personally think is NOT completely destroyed in DOTM, but is just transported back to it's position) or some other way. Galvatron should pretty much be Megatron with altered looks and under complete control of Unicron, though you sometimes get to see a bit of the old Megatron, which makes him look crazier and perhaps more dangerous. Dedicate the entire movie to Galvatron and his plans and keep Unicron a little in the background. Then at the end of TF4, everything is saved of course and in the after credits scene, you see Unicron heading to Earth to settle things himself, which sets up the events from TF5. Perhaps introduce Dark Energon from WFC and TFP, so they can also bring back characters like Starscream, who would finally team up with Skywarp and Thundercracker, and perhaps also bring back Soundwave (loved this guy in DOTM). Also I would make Unicron tie in with previous movies by making him reference to The Fallen who was his minion and how everything he did in ROTF, was for him and not for the survival of their race/planet.

That's pretty much the basic idea I have for future movies. It's a little rough around the edges, but I think it could work. And otherwise, just make a prequel on Cybertron, though I don't think that would happen, since it wouldn't require any human characters, thus making it too expensive...

18. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    That's what I envision, and would like to see in future TF movies too. Fingers crossed it comes to be in the next few years.

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Nemesis Prime or....Scourge?

*ducks*

20. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I really do think it should just be rebooted. You can still use the same movie designs as we have in these movie, as Im sure ILM would stay on as the main CGI and effects company so there would be no need to come up with 100% brand new designs. Maybe update and tweak a lot of them but not get rid of. Also I think that if rebooted, the new story should be fresh and original and not something that we have already gotten in any TFs story from the carton or otherwise.