Who sabotaged the Lost Light?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ORIO, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A classics tale of whodunnit with a Transformers twist. Let's discuss!

I'm quoting and summarizing Kickback from the MTMTE #1 thread because he has a good run down on the suspects.

Also, adding my suspect from the same thread.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'm starting to wonder if Prowl was responsible for the explosion. The way the scene was drawn out in MTMTE, he was pretty calm about the explosion, like he planned it, whereas you could see Bumblebee immediately took a look at Prowl after it, and then sitting sadly in the aftermath of the explosion. However, Prowl's dialogue in RID seems to indicate otherwise, unless he was lying.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Spike

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Prowl had some hand in it, but more specifically I think his secret partner has more to do with it.

5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it's Bumblebee! He was there when it blew up, he looked at Prowl, he didn't agree with anything Rodimus was doing. In the first issue of RID he was surprised Prowl felt as sad as he did and he blew up Horri-bull's head.

He's become harder and harder and maybe he just snapped

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Good thread Orio, but I just wanna clear up the Knight issue. Die Atlus and the Order of Light aren't the knights of Cybertron everybody's been talking about. Drift himself confirms as much in DoOP, stating that Die Atlus himself was also seeking them out.

That said, I don't explicitly think anybody aboard the Lost Light is responsible, I can't imagine what kind've dirt Prowl would have on one of those bots to have them both sabotage the ship and remain aboard it. Though having just said all that, that sounds like exactly like the kinda thing Prowl would do.

...I'm gonna go with Whirl, he was already working for Prowl as part of his NAIL pacification police force, he's crazy, amoral, and probably already hates most of the bots aboard the ship anyway.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think were looking at the wrong comic. Who ever sabotaged the lost light was not on the ship. It was Prowl's accomplice that we saw in RID #1

Prowl was pretty adamant about finding away to stop the effects the pilgrimage was going to have on those who stayed behind. It was a distraction he could not allow. We see in RID he is trying to sweep the lost light under the rug and force BB to move on. He lies to BB about not being able to go on without those that were lost despite telling chromedome he could do without any of them. However, he might be feeling guilt now if he actually got that voicemail from the future Still, the quantum drive malfunction was probably only designed to send the lost light far away while giving the appearance that they died. I don't think Prowl intended for anybody to get hurt.

Also I don't think the sabotage itself will be important to the mtmte story-line. It basically just gives us a set up that sends the crew far away from the events of the other book.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    James Roberts

:3

9. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't think he was in any shape to do so when he was brought aboard the Lost Light. Plus, I don't think he could have planned getting into a fight with Cyclonus, landing near some bots heading to the Lost Light, getting knocked out by an underground blast from Tailgate, and then being brought aboard.

10. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One possibility:

Red Alert: according to James Roberts story Bullets, he is a robot suffering from severe paranoia who believed also that his optics had been hacked by some mysterious third party and was also being treated by Rung. The advertising for MTMTE also mentions now that he was hearing things. The possibilities are either 1) he is was really being controlled by someone else and that it's not all in his head or 2) he went even more crazy due to his paranoia and sabotaged the Lost Light for some unknown reason.

11. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right, it's just speculation on my part. I think Drift could be just as much of a suspect as anyone. Maybe this is his way of bringing the Autobots to the Crystal City. Maybe he lied! He blows up the ship rocketing it through trans-space so none of the other bots can find them or where he may be taking them. Long shot I know. Just throwing it out there :) 

We don't know that. All we know is he has an accomplice. What they've done or are about to do hasn't been made clear at all.

Then why was the whole 1st issue setup giving each character different motives to do so?

12. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

It's interesting, isn't it - by creating a slight mystery throughout several major and secondary characters in the comic, you can't figure out right away who caused this disaster (if it was any one of them at all, anyway).

On a related note, am I the only one who thinks the Lost Light mission and disaster heavily parallel that of the Ark in Dark of the Moon?

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like the Ark I under Nova Prime in IDW.

14. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the Ark I inspired some aspects of DotM's Ark (launching supposedly for a noble cause, while in reality going away for conquest in the name of Cybertron), and some of that ship's original story elements (believing to be destroyed near Cybertron orbit, while it really just warped away out of control) were then adapted for the Lost Light.

15. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Maybe not, but it still feels the most likely scenario. I don't see a scenario where prowl isn't behind this

I guess because I didn't feel it did that.

Chromedome is escaping his past and the things he did for the war I don't see him carrying out a secret mission for anybody.

Rewind is an archivist, this is his chance to document something that might be extremely significant. If anything I think he makes the call at the end of the issue to prowl

Red alert is too paranoid to handle the stress of an undercover mission and probably couldnt take the whispers as his failures as a security officer who let the ship be sabotaged.

Brainstorm seams way to egotistical to risking being stranded or killed would probably consider himself to valuable an asset for such a mission

Swerve is comic relief

People are reading way too much into Rung's trinkets, it was a gag, because he kept him safe through the whole war two seconds into this trip and they were all destroyed

Tailgate, whirl, and cyclonus were all accidental passengers

Ratchet...come on?

Also keep in mind that Prowl tell two people to load the cargo onto what can be assumed is the lost light. So even if One accomplice stayed behind and the other is on the lost light I don't think we've seen him yet.

But these are all just my opinions not facts

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I have the issue in front of me. Bumblebee was looking at/talking to Prowl before the explosion. He immediately turned to look at said explosion. It was Prowl who immediately looked at Bumblebee when the ship exploded.

I know this adds nothing to solving the mystery but some posters have already gotten it the other way around. I just thought it best to have the facts straight when solving a mystery.

17. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

excellent work.

im waiting for the tpb to actually read it, but i am interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. :) 

18. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Prowl but that depends on whether or not he heard the message. Whoever did it I think did it to keep them from leaving not to harm them.

19. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    I think he heard the message if for no reason to explain his attitude shift by rid #1, assuming his concern was genuine

20. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's Prowl, but I don't think it's for the reasons most people have stated so far. I think Prowl has someone inside the lost light that is working with him, but I thik he is doing it for all the autobots sake. I think he knows something is going to go down on cybertron and that maybe their only hope is rodimus finding the celestial knights or whatever theyre called. I think he planted the explosion like Ultra Magnus did when his crew was being chased in the 1986 movie. I think he did it so that the crew of the lost light could continue their mission with no interference from the decepticons (because they think they're all dead). It's just my opinion but I think it could be the route they take.