Who runs faster?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by neospark1, Sep 3, 2007.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True story ...

I went to a local wal-Mart on Saturday. As always, I have a set walk pattern to the Transformers area. I suddenly heard someone walking fast behind me. I turned and it was a guy in his mid 20s with this total "I must have new movie figures" glazed look in his eyes.

There were too many people in front of me. I turned left and then right. The guy behind me sped up to almost running, turned left, one aisle ahead of me, turned right, and then ran to the Transformers area .... which was alll empty.

The sad thing is, I had already gotten Dropkick and Leaderclass Brawl the day before. I was just curious if the remaining 2 Dreadwings and LC Brawl had been taken.

Muuuhahahahahahaha HA!

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

We collectors are really a bunch of sad little people aren't we...

Rule 1, toys before everything else!

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    A long time ago, I was big into the 12" Star Wars Figures. I remember the Walmarts were getting the 12" Han and Tauntaun. A very hard to find piece. Anyway, I remember standing in line for the store to open. A elderly man was about five or six people behind me. I had already decided I was not going to run for anything. The doors open and a flood of people ran, I repeat RAN down the isle. I walked past the manager who was laughing outloud. I remarked to him it will be very funny when one of these people fall and sue your store. So anyway, I walked to the toy isle and sure enough two people were fist fighting over a han / tauntaun. The elderly man actually had to stop to catch his breath. I walked around for a few minutes and decided to leave. The problem was the people who were fighting were blocking the isle, so I walked down the Hotwheels isle. Low and behold on the bottom shelf 1 Han and Tauntaun. I grabbed it and just shock my head. Sometimes it pays to take your time and keep your eye out.
    TRUE STORY

4. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

But when we have the toys, at least we don't feel sad! ;) 

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

But if we don't find them then we feel like sad pandas lol.

6. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

that's freaky... It kinda reminds me of the tickle me elmo fiasco

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I once had a day where I was just running into bad luck at every turn. Target had just restocked their toy department and got in new Alts. I made it their in time to find Skids, Ricochet, Rollbar, and a nice empty spot where Optimus should have been. Fortunately, there's another Target across town. I raced down there, but decided to stop at Wal-Mart first. They had also restocked Alts, but the only new one was Camshaft, which I didn't want. So then I went to Target, just in time to see another collector holding a brand new Mirage. Very nice guy, actually. He even offered to let me have Mirage, since he wanted to find it and Prime together.

But I let him keep it.

This is a fun hobby, and I like that other people enjoy it. I'm not going to knowingly and directly inconvenience another collector just to advance my own collection. That's what separates civilized people from Hot Wheels collectors. :p 

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    You should have seen the dead run to my car, then the speed limits I destroyed (swearing at people that were too slow as I passed them at 80 in a 45, man I love living in AZ!) , then the dead run into Target to get the last G1 Magnus at Target

9. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

:lol  :lol 

10. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I just took a leisurely stroll into my local Target here in Torrance and found my Magnus. :p 

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I don't start 'walking fast' until I get around the clothes section. The leisurely stroll turns into a power walk by the time I get near the sporting goods

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i wouldve totally toy-cockblocked that guy. tf movie toy glazed eye fast walking bastards.

13. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

haha i concur

14. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every time I'm in the walmart by my work right after they open, it's a power walk to the transformer aisle.

Enter left door, pass shopping carts, make a right before clothing, turn left before groceries, right again at housewares, left on yarn aisle. However, when I see other people head into the store at the same time I do, who look like they're looking for transformers, I take a different route through girls clothing and then furniture. I beat a guy to the aisle and grabbed a figure once that way(he didn't see me walking fast so I guess he didn't feel the need to hurry). I think that was the time I picked up barricade and got the last one.

Hmm, I think I'll try timing it tomorrow, heh. Having a walmart next to the office, and Fry's across the street is so damn convenient.

15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

A good Transformers Collector never runs, they hasten.

:lolol 

Anyway, I may walk a little fast when I'm out toy hunting, but I'd never outright run or display any illogical behavior over a bunch of toys. I will admit to being single minded when it comes to shopping, my first stop is always, always the toy aisle, but even if I find something I need I won't always buy it. (No funds or just because I was looking for a piece from a certain collection and refuse to blow money needlessly.)
    People who fight over these things are ca-razy then again who isn't?

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unless somebody tired to pull a Transformer out of my hands, I wouldn't fight over it. Not always a "Sad Panda" either over empty shelves, there's a lot of stuff this year. I just hope to never run into a scalper, I really dislike those people.

17. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    It's easier to be a collector in Canada. The other day I saw Titanium Magnus at wal-mart, but I decided to leave it there while I did some grocery shopping first, because I also wanted to buy some levis they had on sale.

I went back an hour later, the toy was still there but the jeans were sold out. :mad 

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've lost out on toys because of stopping to check out a bent-over milf. Such is life.

19. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

These days, the shelves are either empty or filled with the less popular toys that it's a surprise to even find anything of interest anymore. I never run, only brisk-walking to the toy-section, look around a couple of minutes (that's how small the toy sections get!), then head out towards the next store. ;p

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm lucky... every time that I go to Target or K-Mart to shop for Transformers, I don't have a fellow Transformers toy-collecting maniac on my heels, and I always find toys that I don't have. The only problem I ever have shopping for Transformers? Which ones are worthy to come home with me.