Who ruled Cybertron? G1 continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Seeker, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    In the old comic I remember there being a council of Autobot elders who either ruled Cybertron or advised Prime? In the toon I got the impression that the autobot leaders ruled cybertron after the uprising against the quints, but had to contend with decepticon leaders later. Opinions?

2. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Shockwave was basically king of Cybertron at the beginning of the toon. I've only ever seen season 1 and the movie, so I haven't seen all that much about Cybertronian politics.

3. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

As far as I am able to gather... it goes something like this.

The Quintisons ruled Cybertron until the Transformers stood up and took back thair planet. For a time, I guess it was somewhat of a democracy or a republic as the Transformers existed doing their jobs and living their lives.

Then the Decepticons came and began to recruit others to join them. Where they came from, who upgraded them - that I don't think was ever explained. Megatron's early attacks injured a young Orion Pax .. who became the first Autobot. Optimus Prime.

From that point, it appears a great civil war took place... and the Decepticons were by and large the victors. The Autobots were fighting a war to take back their home planet.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Autobot oldies ruled Cybertron, Prime commanded the army. All of them except Xaaron were killed when Decepticons steamrolled over the Autobots after Prime went missing.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Last night I saw the Cybertron episode "Balance" where it showed the Generation 1 Optimus, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Jazz at the intersection of some space bridges. It then shows them taking the Autobots to the 4 seperate planets.

This is around the time of the split between the planets as they abandon Cybertron.

This might help you ... just thought I would throw it in there. Kinda shows you who was in charge at that time.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That was just a random homage, though.

It seems through the G1 show though that the Decepticons had a vice grip on Cybertron for much of its history, with Shockwave controlling it in the name of Megatron.

7. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Kinda makes you wonder why Megatron was such a legend, when Shockwave held that planet for millions of years, far longer than Megatron ever did.

I think that it was a lucky break for Galvatron (and the Autobots for that matter) that Shockwave died during Unicron's attack. Otherwise he would likely have been left to rot in his magma pool.