Who really killed Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chrisr291, Mar 12, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NO no... this isn't some fanboy "it was Hot Rod!!" argument but I just stumbled upon this article

G.I. Joe Interview - Buzz Dixon

Buzz Dixon, a GI Joe writer in the 80's says he inadvertently gave hasbro the idea to kill off Optimus Prime. I understand writers wrote scripts for both shows but I just found it interesting to finally know the man responsible for Primes death in the film.

So is this true or just another grumpy old man taking credit for something he may not have done? Imagine the impact this would of had on the movie if Prime actually survived Megatron's assault.

Also... if this is common Knowledge please welcome me to 5 minutes ago and face palm me. I realize the interview seems to be a number of years old.

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Interesting interview... The 1986 movie wouldn't have been that popular or memorable if OP had not died, and, his death in TFTM would have had more impact, IMO.

3. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just thought i'd throw this in also but does anyone recall a news reporter named Hector Ramirez (I know in the interview it says ramerez but I know how to spell my last name damn it lol) in Transformers?

Which episode was he in?

EDIT: here is a screen shot from 20 questions

[​IMG]

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is in opposition to what Flint Dille said on a recent Mooonbase 2 Podcast. In the very first Movie version called the "Secret Of Cybertron" Optimus Prime was to be absorbed along with the Matrix into Cybertron that would have transformed into a giant robot (Primus?)to fight Unicron. Flint Dille promised he was going to look to see if he could find his copy of "Secret of Cybertron". Anyway, had the story been used, Optimus Prime still would have "died". So I don't see how Buzz Dixon could take all the "credit".

5. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro=Idiots...'nuff said.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This is common knowledge to a lot of people, but still a really interesting part of the history of TF, and a good interview.

And if you find the Hector Ramirez thing interesting, did you know that C.O.P.S. is supposedly set in the same universe as G.I. Joe, which pretty much sets it in the same universe as Transformers? All those gadgets could be based on cybertronian technology. On the filecards of some of the C.O.P.S. characters (I do not recall who offhand, Sundown maybe?) it indicates they're direct descendents of Joe characters.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:

The thought of this is intriguing me. I would heart a universe that included Transformers, Gi Joe and C.O.P.S, but I would include MASK in there just for the transforming vehicles.

8. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, one them is related to Beachhead... I can't remember the name offhand however.

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

No.

But it would include Inhumanoids. Hector appeared in that show as well. Inhumanoids also got a shout-out in a Shattered Glass story.

I'd love to see the TFs go up against Metlar or Magnokor (depending on whether it's 'bots or 'cons, but frankly, D'Compose's powers would be worthless against living machines.

- Coeloptera

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    So the guy who wrote "Carnage in C-Minor" also killed Prime? Man, that's gotta be a deal-breaker on the resume.

11. Backscatter

News Credits:
    I don't think he can take all the credit, please see my post above.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Some digging indicates that the C.O.P.S. character in question as a descendant of Beach-head is Checkpoint.

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    No?

You mean I would not heart a universe that included Transformers, GI Joe, COPS and MASK?

Or you mean that I would Heart a world with all of those and Inhumaniods?

If you could let me know which one I would Heart bettet I would appreciate it.

14. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

I know this is a post on the writer who offed Prime, but in the movie the character that killed Prime was Perceptor. His medic skills sucked; Ratchet would have had him fixed in a jiffy! LMFAO

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Ratchet was having trouble with the whole "Physician, heal thyself" thing at the time.

16. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

This is true. It's hard to heal someone when your dead, but I still think if Ratchet had lived, Prime would have been out kicking Decepti-ass in no time. I still think Perceptor killed Prime though. Maybe Magnus slipped him a twenty under the table so he'd tell everyone the wounds were fatal.

17. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Whatever the reason for Perceptor's call (and lack of tryng) I liked him a lot less after the Movie. Especially after how Optimus Prime saved Perceptor's life in Cosmic Rust. I also think Optimus Prime would have lived if Wheeljack had been online as well.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may have been an older interview, but I had not seen it, so thanks..
    As for Buzz Dixon...for his (and "others") suggestion to kill off Prime..he should be called
    Buzz Kill :(  Thankfully Hasbro finally realized their faux pas and brought Prime back to life :D 

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    so hasbro are the ones who wanted prime dead

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That contradicts the original thing I heard from another script, which had all the "old Transformers" rushing towards each other on Cybertron and they all ended up shooting and killing each other in a massive bumrush.