Who plays Bulkhead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by TFcollecterguy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Do we know? Is it the same guy? That would be awesome.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Kevin Michael Richardson. He voiced Omega Supreme in Animated season two and Rampage and a Prime in ROTF, and has been various roles in animation.

3. TFcollecterguy

Well that's kinda a disapointment. Hopefully the character will be written similarly.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Likely, as his bio is very similar to his Animated counterpart. They both say he's a huge, gentle giant and protects his human friend(s).

I too am dissapointed they didn't ask Bill Fagerbakke to return, but I'll give Kevin a chance to impress me, since I'm already a fan of Kevin anyway. Expect a very Bill Cosby-like voice outta Prime Bulkhead, if the character is largely unchanged from Animated.

Kevin's also voiced Cleveland Jr. in The Cleveland Show, Gantu in Lilo and Stitch, Goro in the Mortal Kombat movie, and Maurice in The Penguins of Madagascar.

5. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    He also played Hunk in Voltron: the 3rd Dimension and Donny in Adventure Time. He's known for many voices, and 'gentle giant' is definitely one of them. He's probably the best alternative to Bill Figgerbakke they could have chosen. I mean, watch this clip or this clip and tell me it wouldn't make a good Bulkhead voice.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You've obviously never heard the man voice-act a regular.

He's awesome.

7. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'm not Seth McFarlane fanboy, but on a show featuring a black family, Kevin plays a wiry, nasal ridiculously stereotypical Southern US redneck.

Don't knock the man's range, he's been in so many different roles for a reason.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very true. The downside of this is now I have no idea what Bulkhead will end up sounding like. :) 

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

He also vocied the Joker in The Batman.

I could easily see that vocie for Hunk being TFP Bulkhead.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Having a different actor do Bulkhead's voice for TFP doesn't bother me. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his voice in Animated, and going off of what he's done before, Richardson's voice will probably be better.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    The hell you say: Bill Figgerbakke's awesome, even if you're not a huge fan of Spongebob Squarepants.

...and despite my praises, Phil LaMarr is still my favorite African-American voice actor. I was actually glad when Phil took over as Omega Supreme in season 3 of Animated. Sorry Kevin, no hard feelings.

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I don't mind Kevin Michael Richardson (hell, he was one of the voice actors I wanted to be in TF Prime, so my wish got granted :D ). Now if they can just get Keith David to voice a smooth-talking Decepticon or a seasoned Autobot warrior, I'd be set.

13. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like Kevin Micheal Richardson, he has a awesome deep voice, can't wait to hear Bulkhead's voice.

Also people forget he also voiced one of the Ancient Primes and Rampage in ROTF.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm personally a little sick of Kevin Micheal Richardson, I hear his same generic "deep black man voice" in so much stuff over the years, I'm afraid Bulkhead is going to get that, too. Like playing one of the Primes in ROTF, I heard that and thought "welp...I know who that is". The same voice for Gantu in Lilo & Stitch, he was a factory dude in Madagascar Penguins, he was Bishop in the recent X-Men cartoon, and ALL the same voice.

Nothin' against the guy, just, I wanna hear more variety from him (and I'm already aware of Cleveland Jr.).

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair his normal voice doesn't sound so godlike (YouTube - The Voices of The Cleveland Show: Kevin Michael Richardson) so you can chalk that up to a fair bit of typecasting. In other roles he's shown his range. I think Richardson is awesome and it's fantastic he'll be a regular in the TF multiverse now. Here's hoping someone does a Bulkhead/Cleveland Jr. mashup when the show's airing!

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Apart from that typecasted voice, can you show me other examples that display his range?

(clicks link you provided)
    oooh, just hearing his voice for Crinklesack makes me feel a bit better that his typecast isn't the ONLY voice he does. I do wish to hear more, and still hope it's not that same Bishop/Joker/Gantu voice I mentioned earlier.

18. TFcollecterguy

Well, when I say it's a disappointed, I kinda would have said that about anyone. I guess he could pull it off though considering the talent he has.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

personally i like his voice better as a villain, then as a hero, BUT i am sure his voice will be amazing for this part too.

Oh i am liking the cast so far. I miss real actual voice acting, rather the the generic voices we hear today, especially in anime dubs with every character sounding the same by that voice actor lol

so i am happy with the cast here, cast of REAL voice actors, and not the cruddy ones of anime.

so Kevin as a voice makes me happy. though like i said he would be better off as a villain. and maybe he will play a villain's voice later on too.

he'd make a great scourge/evil prime. :) 

20. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you mean 1 of the three primes that actually spoke in rotf