Who plans on selling their original MP Seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    With the up coming MP-11 Starscream one can assume that Thundercracker and Skywarp can not be too far behind. For arguements sake lets say that the three Seekers are a garunteed US release.

How many people are planning on purchasing the new Seekers? Of that, how many own the old set? Of that, who plans on selling the old set and keeping the new Seekers as the official MP Seekers?

Myself, I own the Greenscream, Walmart Whitescream and Skywarp. I am on board for the US release of the MP-11 mould and will most likely sell off my original MP Seekers and using the new releases as for my MP collection.

2. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a tough one. First off, I'm going to have to see side by side comparisons between the two to decide which ones I like better.

Honestly though, I think it'll REALLY end up depending on what they do with the MP line after they redo Megatron and the Seekers. If they come out with some new molds in the future that absolutely do not go with the original line (OP, Rodimus, Grimlock) size wise, I'll probably end up switching over to the new scale. If the new figures are fine with the old ones, I'll stick with the figures I have currently.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no plans on selling my original Takara Seekers.....

More than likely I'll just get version 2 of them anyway.

4. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    i only had scream and sold him for a profit a month or so ago, paid for MP11 already and hoping Takara does Skywarp and Thundercracker, so i can't get them in the same mold as MP11 with hopefully the same G1 accurate deco's and also in the same nice MP packaging. I will be buying all 3 if they happen, if they don't then i'm S&%^ out of luck as i don't want the MP03 mold and wont be buying the PP03's

5. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    probably gonna just try to sell greenscream. I was never that big a fan of him and I'd much rather trade him up for mp-11.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If all the rumours floating around are true we should be getting:

Takara
    Ultra Magnus
    Galvatron
    MegV2
    Seeker (only Starscream is 100%)

3rd party
    FT- Soundwave and minions
    FT-Blaster
    FT- Shockwave (if sales on SW and Blaster are good)
    MT- Swoop
    MT- Sludge
    MT- Snarl
    MT- Slag

I would assume all of these will be to the new MP scale, which started with the original MP Seeker mould anyway. We know for fact that the FT MP Soundwave will be to scale with the MP Seeker mould because we've seen pictures of the two together.

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm not wild about the changes to the alt mode of MP-11, I'll have to see more in-hand pics/reviews. I don't normally collect Starscream anyway, so I'll see about SW/TC when they are actually announced. I'll also wait and see what the differences will be between the normal Takara releases and what may or may not happen with US releases - by the time Starscream is released the US market will be two MP releases behind.

I have no plans to sell my Takara and Hasbro seekers, and I still plan to pick up iGear Skywarp if and when he is released. My goal was to have a matching set of 6, which will be done, and the goal with the MP-11 mold will be to have a set of SW and TC, so I won't be interested unless they're both released. I sold my Walmart Starscream since he was still sealed, and I'm more than happy with the iGear version vs what I have seen of MP-11 so far.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Isn't it like selling your G1 Optimus because a new Prime figure will be released? You can have both you know...

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure you can and that many will. But sometimes people run out of space or money or they have a very particular style of collecting that will leave no room for two similar moulds.

Depending how different they are I may keep both and have the originals in Alt mode. But one I obtain MP-11 it will be my 3rd Starscream mould so I may sell Greenscream, or keep him as my Thundercracker.

God Bless First World Problems.

10. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

i may get mp 11 as i prefer the box artwork over the clear packaging of the us release also it goes much better with my mp6 and 7 still have to get mp 10

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gee I dunno.

You base your choice on the guarantee that Hasbro will release MP11 as a domestic release? But don't Hasbro hate the US?

Too soon?

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    got rid of my MP SS 'USA' version ages ago. This newer MP-11 is already pre-ordered. :D 

13. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own Greenscream.
    No plans of selling him.
    Will probably pick up MP-11 if they release a U.S. version for $60ish
    Same with MP-1 and MP-10

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

No plans whatsover. I don't feel like re-collecting my MP seekers, so MP-11 and iGear's offerings are kind of a redundancy to me. I've had some thoughts about buying the Coneheads because of slightly different toolings, decoes, and the fact that they're distinct enough from SS and Company, but nothing strong enough to make me purchase them.

15. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I plan to offload Megatron the very second a new one is released. As stupid as it sounds, I'm keeping Optimus for the accessories. I'm selling my MISB Takara Starscream now, if anyone is interested. Sales thread in the sig.

16. MaximusCubed

MaximusCubed Abnormal Survivor

I'm keeping hip-kibble Skywarp as my main MP Skywarp. Never owned a ver. 1.0 Starscream, but this new version gives me every reason to pick him up and the kibble-less design will make him stand out more compared to Skywarp.

17. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im buying all new versions of the masterpiece figures and will keep all the old versions also. im a whore for masterpiece figures and alternators.

18. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

Ditto

19. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Nah, wont even buy them. I spent the money on the originals, and I'm not giving Takara any more money for the same character in the same line. They should have done this to begin with.

20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly it depends on what the new releases do to the value of the originals. I have the Wal-Mart Starscream and Skywarp. If they drop in value I'll probably hold onto them. But if they hold their value I might unload them.