Who owns the banks

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

Since we had a thread discussing currency on Cybertron, who owns the banks and finances on Cybertron? It sounds like there is a lot of prejudice against decepticons and predacons, so I would assume they own wall street, banking and all the trades. Who finances all Cybertron's exploring of energy or science?

Politics removed - 2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Umm.. this thread aint gonna last a week so before lock but this is a some what good question but I don't think theres a bank on cybertron

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Swindle is secretly pulling the strings. Muahahahaha.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    haha, yeah. totally the makings of a s3 episode.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a good question, but please, leave the politics out of it.

In response, I'd say the economy is pretty much shot to pieces in wartime. Everything is invested into weapons. That said, G1 Ratbat was an auditer of sorts - in the comics, he actually pulled Trypticon out of a battle even though he was winning, because the way Trypticon was winning the fight was proving to be uneconomical. So I guess in the comics, he'd be the one pulling the strings.

IDW-verse is interesting. Megatron Origin implies that the Senate, or members of it, were heavily involved in trade and economics - I'd say Ratbat was up to his neck in it there too.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    The Quintissons own the bank!!

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And in the Dreamwave universe, Bluestreak was a merchant, so could have had some kind of financial/trade background there.... More recently IDW's Megatron Origin has depicted pre-war Cybertron as a fairly prosperous planet, with a high standard of living (unless you're a miner!), and an economy not unlike our own. G1 and variants thereof have always depicted civil-war Cybertron as a planet virtually given over entirely to war - all industry is for military use, and there is no civilian population to speak of.

As Sol Fury points out, G1 Ratbat was an auditor, and there would have to be some sort of economy going on in order to fuel both the Decepticon and Autobot war machines, unless all appropriate industries were totally nationalised. It appears all Cybertronians are expected to fight with no mention of anyone ever getting paid for it either. You rarely, if ever, hear of any 'businessmen' in the TF multiverse, for that matter. Well, except Old Maccaddam. ;) 

It's an interesting question that certainly raises a lot of other equally interesting ones!