Who owns both BotCon Nightracer and the Japanese G2 Go-Bots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I started a thread like this a few years ago, but I think I never got a solid answer.

The G2 Go-Bots (and, by extension, the RID Spychangers) were gang-molded. That means for every Firecracker car shell and gun produced, you also get Gearhead's feet and Motormouth's head and legs.

There were three waves of G2 Go-Bots. The second one replaced Firecracker with Optimus Prime and Blowout with Megatron and had "solid" parts variants for Gearhead and Motormouth (corresponding with the changes from Firecracker's clear red to Optimus Prime's solid red, and from Blowout's clear gray to Megatron solid gray/silver). The third wave featured redecos (and new characters) for all six toys.

But there were four production runs. The fourth one gave us the three Japanese Go-Bots Optimus Prime, Megatron and Soundwave. Because of the gang-molding, Soundwave (a wave 3 toy in the USA) had red feet in Japan (from Optimus Prime's car shell) instead of the US version's blue feet (from Sideswipe's car shell). In return, Japanese Optimus Prime's legs were a more lime-ish yellow (from Soundwaves car shell), as compared to the US version's more "standard" yellow (from Gearhead's car shell). Likewise, Japanese Soundwave's head and legs were now silver (from Megatron's car shell) as compared to US Soundwave's purple head and legs (from Frenzy's car shell).

Now, that makes three toys.. but the G2 Go-Bots gang-molding process would result in a set of six toys. That leaves three toys unaccounted for.

And this is where BotCon Nightracer comes into play. My theory is that she is essentially made up of "spare parts" from the same production run as the Japanese Go-Bots.

Can anyone help me confirm this? Anyone who owns both Nightracer and the Japanese Go-Bots, I need a comparison of the plastic colors of:
    Soundwave's car shell
    Optimus Prime's feet
    Nightracer's legs, head and gun.

I need to know if the lime-ish yellow is the ecaxt same color. Not "almost the same", but "exactly the same" as in "same production run".

Here are photo comparisons of the molds. Numbers indicate plastic colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The plot thickens! Nightracer has different wheels than Bumblebee - they're Mirage's.