Who owns a cat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red leader, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this last tuesday my wife and I became proud owners of a little 4 and half month old blue persian boy called Mungo, he is such a sweet little chap and still getting used to his new home. When I was younger I used to have a family cat called ginger who sadly passed away after 16 years, having not been her primary carer we're panicking about wether we are looking after Mungo well enough, whats normal for a little kitty his age to be doing??? he is still not fully comfy with the pair of us although he is eating well and frequently, he is also still exploring and sleeping, sometimes in a seperate area to us, is this normal ?? Help?!?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

It's completely normal for him to act this way. The only thing you should really concern about right now is his eating habits. As long as he's eating, then the rest will come. Some cats are just more aloof than others and won't be as lovey-dovey with the family, whereas others can be complete attention whores. Just let him do his thing and adapt to you guys and he'll be fine.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well technically the cat owns YOU...

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    we have 6

5. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you guys really worry about them when they were kittens?

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I never worried about mine, other than worrying I was going to step on them. It'll be fine, just let it do it's thing.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I raised both my cats since they were kittens. Just give them a litter box and food. Throw some little balls with bells with them around the room. Ah yeah you want to make sure nothing dangerous he can eat is not left on the floor anywhere, little critters love to eat things they shouldn't. Also if you have TF weapons on the ground, you will never see them again. Cats will bat around anything and you will lose them forever. Oh and see my icon, your cat will probably do that at least once in his life.

8. Lizkay

Lizkay glows in the dark

keep him away from STAIRS! One of my two cats fell down a whole range of 14 steps when he was a kitten, because he was playing and not really recognised he was on the first step of that stair already... had to wear a splinted bandage for weeks... so a badly sad childhood for the little furball. Anyways, also would be good to get a second kitty if possible, two cats will play with each other and damage less furniture, etc...

9. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

we have 5

and 4 of them we have had since they were kittens

they love exploring

so just let him explore, and the kitten will choose one of you to be his human

in other words, all of what everyone else said

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have three cats right now, each one has a very distinct personality. One likes to be in the room with us, or say, on the arm of the couch, but will not sit in your lap and doesn't like to be picked up or held. One is very affectionate and is always waking me up headbutting be and rubbing it's face all over mine. The youngest is very aloof but also docile, she'll let the kids lug her around and loves playing with the dogs, but if she can get away when you're holding her she will.

11. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I have one right now and have had cats most of my life. Cats will do their own things. Just let them be and they'll be happy.

12. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

My cat is 9 years old now. I got her when she was 6 weeks old.

It's perfectly normal for the kitten to keep a bit of a distance and explore. You are strangers to him so he needs to get used to you and his surroundings. My cat was different. She loved the attention and always wanted to be around me. She would jump up on my bed at night when I was sleeping and play with my feet.

13. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    We have 3.

Kaze, our oldest, is very nervous and will hiss at and scracth other people with the exception of three other people beside my wife and I. She hates the other two cats too. She loves to play in the bathroom and stick her head under a running facet.

Rudy, our middle, is very needy. He was abandoned as a kitten so he constantly wants attention and gets very nervous when his food bowl is empty. He will whine until it is full and he loves for us to be in the kitchen while he eats. He has poops that can clear a room too. Ewww.

Takara, our youngest, is a troublemaker. We had to catproof the house because of him. He will chew through freshly washed clothes and shoestrings like a buzzsaw. He is my cat, he ride on my shoulders around the house and will stay there while I make dinner and watch me cook. He's a real sweet heart, he loves everybody, but he's naughty as shit.

Enjoy your new kitten. They bring lots of joy to the house because they can be so silly.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have technically 6. Though Max is so fat he could easily count as two.

Funny story about how we got them all... y'see, two of them are crazy...

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've got one, she's at my parents house now. She's mean, hates everybody who doesn't live in the same house.

Also-

:useless 

16. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    It's nice to hear that you're worrying a bit, because that means you're going to give it a good home!

We have three here. All are unique and great, though one though is our favorite as she is constantly playing and enjoying life. I submit as evidence, Jane inside an opened package which used to protect Transformers:

[​IMG]

Enjoy your new friend!

17. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kitties.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    We have two. They're a year apart in age.

If the kitten is eating well and going to the bathroom regularly, all is good.

If he starts sneezing regularly or seems to have trouble breathing, bring him to a vet. Respiratory problems are common with kittens but nothing serious as long as its taken care of early.

Bloody stool is another thing to look out for.

Either way, take it in for check ups regularly and make sure he gets all his shots on time.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes. My jack was so small i was always worried about him.

20. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It took Banjo about three weeks to come near me when I first got him. He spent most of that time hiding. Now he’s my little bro and follows me around the house. As long as he’s eating and seems healthy just give Mungo some time and space and he’ll come to you. If you try to make him be around you, you could just make things worse.