Who of us has used non-TF's as characters when playing with toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious.

Me, a few years ago when I was 15 (only less than a year after I seriously got into TF), I had a nice little collection of Armada figures. But when I played with them and was making my own story, I would substitute the lack of a character with something else, usually creating a whole new character.

I did this with a few Power Ranger toys. Such as the Shogan Megazord, I used a couple of the figures (since I was missing most of them) as non-transforming Cybertronians, one smaller Ranger figure as a human in a spacesuit, and even Artillatron as Omega Supreme. And my favorite of all was Ninjor, who I got the rereleased (Ninja Storm?) remold of, and actually created a character out of him - Ninjakon, the brother of Unicron.

Who of us has used other robots to substitute TF's?

2. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

some of my megazords, yes

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure, when I was a kid I used megazords, Superhuan samurai syber squad toys, and Beetleborgs. Basically whatever toys I could find :lol :

4. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Don't know if or where this ties in, but my cousin and I used to play Transformers with our GI Joes. We loved TFs but didn't have many so we used our Joes which we had alot of. Destro was Megatron, Serpentor was Galvatron, Blowtorch was Blaster and so on and so forth. The colors didn't always match up but to the mind of a child it was fun. Call it gay, ghetto, or just brokeass but it sure made us happy while we were TFless.

5. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    In the 80s I had to use Gobots and generic toy cars as G1s.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    11-15 years ago I used all kinds of toys together. Hell I loved trampling about legoland with TF's.

iDD