Who makes reissue decisions??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Savage590, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Savage590

Savage590 Cybertronian Werewolf

Ebay:
    I was just wondering, what makes Takara reissues stuff? Because most of the time they reissues the obvious choices like Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, and then out of nowhere, they'd reissue stufff like Powermaster Prime and Predaking. But then it's really weird when all of a sudden, they reissues Star Convoy! Sometimes it makes me wonder what was going on at Takara, the exectives got out of bed on morning, and go "hm, I'm in the mood for a reissue today."??

2. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Good question. I assume it's a matter of considering a few factors, like will it sell, are the molds in good shape, does the figure conflict with anything in the current line. But who knows?

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

ok, i admit it.

it was me all along. repaints!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A list of still existing molds, a dartboard, and a blindfold.

5. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is true... my opinion.. does it depend on which executive decide to reissue which transformers?, if there's more than 1 person who makes the decision. If an older exec.. then i would probably think he/she whould reissue the earlier g1.. if an the exec likes g1 s3 more, then i would think reissue s3. and off course if the molds are good or not. IN MY OPINION, since i grew up with g1 s1 and 2.. If i were the one t make the decision, I WOULD ONLY REISSUE Season 1 and 2 of G1 to begin with... after all this is done, then i would go with S3 due to their cheapness in design. IF they had reissued alot of s1 and s2(some mold may have to be fixed), I'm sure the line would still be here....... this is only me though...hehe

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

They actually covered this at Botcon 2005, when Takara had representatives at the convention. I can't really remember much about the details though. I think it mostly had to do with what molds were in good shape and how well they thought they'd sell.

7. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

so.. they thought that all primes and all meg/galvatrons would sell huh?.. well..look at galv reissue and star convoy reissue.. they aren't selling well... By heart I think they knew what would sell and woudln't. The shouldve repaired some of the rare molds and reissue them instead.. they would have made more profit that way.. especially all the minibots, cassettes, and dinobots. and definitely the combiners esecially devastator. If there is KOs of combiners, I'm sure takara could have done better.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Anything "Convoy" is expected to sell well in Japan by default.

Repairing molds costs money. It's an investment. Using a mold that doesn't require repairing is more cost effective.

That is a bold statement. They might have made more profit by releasing Henshin Cyborg instead of Transformers, who knows.

Takara decided not to reissue Combiners BECAUSE of the plethora of KOs out there.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    See, what they do is throw all the names of the molds they have onto the floor of a long hallway, then set a G1 Trypticon walking down the hallway, and when the battery dies the name under his left foot gets reissued.

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I thought there was a monkey involved somehow as well....

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Wrong! They use jumpstarters!

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Throttlebots!