Who loves the transformers the ride?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfprime32, May 6, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Who loves the transformers the ride? Ur thoughts?

Some of us went on the ride ur thoughts and do u like it or hate it and etc!

For me I love the ride it has a nice story to it love the entrance to the ride and the gift shop!!!

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I loved the Transformers Ride! YAY! :D 

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yup. It's pretty damn awesome.

4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ask me again in about a month and a half

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just went to a "rehearsal" of the Ride at Hollywood today. Basically it was the full ride, unofficially available. It was a scary long line at 80-90 minutes, but every bit of the ride was worth it! It was exciting, shocking, and very entertaining!

Evac is also a really great character, and probably the Autobot with the most personality outside of Optimus and Bumblebee in the entire movie saga.

Overall, an experience not to be missed. If you could only go for one show in Universal, let this be it.

6. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it kicked ass the devastator scene was awesome!
    if you havent done it do it or your life sucks

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

What I think in no particular order.

I really like Evac. Introducing a new character who you actually ride around in makes it a lot easier than designing the ride after a specific character or multiple characters from the movie because they could of had each car as a different character but then it would kinda ruin the realism if say a Camero had an open canopy with 18 seats or however many was actually inside. Though it would be helpful if they only have Evac if you couldn't see one car leaving as the next car is arriving. Just how many Evacs are there? He has clones!

Moving on, I'm really confused about exactly when this takes place. It can't take place after Dark of the Moon because Ironhide, Megatron, and Starscream are still alive.

It can't take place after Revenge of the Fallen because Ravage and Devastator, Blackout/Grindor, and Sideways are all still alive.

It can't even take place after the first movie because Bonecrusher is still alive.

Megatron provides even more confusion as to when this takes place because to me he looks like RotF Megatron with his huge death claw arm but he has chains around him and the damaged face like DotM Megatron. That design would place this some where between the two movies but how can Ravage, Devastator, Blackout/Grindor, Sideways, and Bonecrusher all be alive?

Plus Evac shoves the Alspark fragment in Megatron's chest... and kills him... for the second time! That's how Sam killed him in the first movie. Megatron dies three times, twice by having the AllSpark shoved in his chest. And the second time it was only a fragment.

The Ride doesn't really fit into continuity anywhere because no matter where you put it there are dead people in it. I kinda wish they didn't use the movie designs at all or actually made some attempt to make it fit in continuity. Preferably the first one because I hate the movie designs anyway.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

What characters are even in the ride? Who fights who?

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The Ride isn't part of the Movie Continuity. It's just a fun plot for a fun ride. That's it.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I would never have the money to travel to America AND go to a ride.:( 

11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Was Star Tours in continuity? Ba-DUMP-TISH! :) 

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If I could ever visit the universal studios. I'd go in a heartbeat. A friend of mine on Skype went to it and said it was awesome.

Plus Evac is vocied by John DiMaggio. That's why he's a great chap.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I totally understand what you're saying; the ride doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in continuity with the movies, but then again...

Pretty much this. Is there any real reason why it would have to fit in perfectly? It's a 5-10 minute ride that is basically just "summing up" the movieverse in the form of a fun ride. There's no real need for continuity in this. There's no reason why it should be considered canon, so, why not have fun with it? Throw in things from all movies. It's just a "TRANSFORMERS" ride, it's not being advertised as "a sequel to the events in RotF" or "a prequel to DotM" or anything.

Just in case someone might get spoiled, I'll put this is spoiler tags. :) 

-Evac
    -Optimus Prime
    -Sideswipe
    -Bumblebee
    -Ironhide (pre-ride expository thing)
    -Ratchet (pre-ride expository thing)
    -Wheelie (pre-ride expository thing)
    -Megatron
    -Starscream
    -Sideways
    -Ravage
    -Devastator
    -Grindor
    -Bonecrusher

Optimus fights Megatron (with help from Evac and the "audience"), Sideswipe takes on Bonecrusher and then gets sucked up into Devastator (along with Evac and the "audience"). Bumblebee fights Sideways and Ravage, Grindor chases after Evac/audience, Starscream chases and fights Evac/the audience and some helicopters.

I haven't ridden the ride yet, just watched the POV recordings. :) 

Has DiMaggio been confirmed?

14. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Only the TFWiki confirmed that.

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    IMDB lists a similar thing as well (actually credits DiMaggio as both Evac and Sideways, despite Sideways not even speaking, from what I've seen of the ride). Too bad we couldn't get legitimate confirmation. :( 

I don't know, Evac just has such a generic, unmemorable voice in my opinion, I find it hard to believe that they'd get DiMaggio to voice him.

16. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Sideswipe does speak, but only one line.

17. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know Sideswipe speaks ("
    Rookie! They trusted YOU with this mission?
    "), but Sideways doesn't speak, to my knowledge.

18. SaberPrime

I find it strange that I'm defending someone on my ignore list but he said Sideways not Sideswipe. They're two different characters and they're both in Revenge of the Fallen and the Ride.

Sideways has about 5 min. of screen time before he gets killed by Sideswipe in Revenge of the Fallen. He doesn't talk at all.

On the Ride however I think he does talk. It's kinda hard to tell when things are happening all around you all at the same time. It's probably not anything that would really draw your attention if you heard him and might just think it was another character saying something. Can't really say for sure unless there's an official voice cast listing somewhere.

19. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    We will find out. TFWiki listed DiMaggio reprising Sideways from the Revenge of the Fallen Game. Now, he would voice Megatron in the Near Future, he maybe live up to Frank's Legacy.

20. SaberPrime

I tried to write this before my internet went out so lets try this again... It looks like the Ride has the same voice cast as the movie video games rather than the movie itself because Megatron is even voiced by Frank Welker rather than Hugo Weaving. I think I spelled his name wrong but I can't get TF wiki to load so I can check so I'm just going to leave it at that.