Who Is this???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Feb 15, 2008.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Who is the Stealth Bomber there in the center? I want to get him.
    [​IMG]

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Giant Bomb (or something to that effect) from the Robot Masters line. He is a repaint of Generation 2 Dreadwing.

Edit: heres a link.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

^ Thanx I am traking one down now.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

If it helps any, BBTS has him in stock at the moment.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    ya know, I was actually thinking of making a thread about him this morning. What with the recent RiD Scourge thread and everyone talking about how great that mold was, I wanted to praise this guy. His mold is even older than Scourge's, and almost more posable.

Unless I'm mistaken, he might've been the first figure to ever have ball-jointed hips (along with his partner of course), and I'd say that's very important to the history of engineering in the line. I imagine the guy who first came up with the idea of ball hips for these 2 must've been very much like the monkey discovering weapons in 2001 Space Odyssey. He's fumbling with the design sheets over and over, then suddenly this great idea pops into his head and "Thus Spake Zarathustra" begins playing.

But not only do they feature pioneering articulation, but the bigger one's alt mode is just awesome. He's a triple changer, being both a highly detailed and beautiful looking stealth bomber, and also a weird looking tank. He has a 6-missile launcher plus 6 carpet bombing missiles and if you take the little guy's guns away, he can also have 2 hand-held missiles for bot mode. That's one bad ass guy.

And the mold's been released so many times that you have your pick of the litter as far as colors go, though I figure most people (like myself) reach for the BW2 version. Seriously, one of the best figure sets ever made, and it has no problem competing with more modern molds at all.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    there's also a different colored version, from RID Dreadwind and Smokejumper

and yeah, i do love both those molds...ive decided though that i only need the BW2 version...so my RID versions are being sold... PM if you're interested...

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I love those two. I even wrote an extended bio, saying that both of them are Autobot agents:D 

8. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Collector of Transformers

Ebay:
  9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    hell, I've incorporated all the G2-molds-released-in-RiD as a team in my Classics. When Scourge and Bludgeon were released as "Destructicons," I wanted to get more use of that name (since it would never be officially referenced again). I took Black Convoy's upside down Autobot symbols and figured them as the Destructicon insignia. The team are basically a guerilla splinter faction who resent Megatron and think they can make more success on their own

The bigger Scourge becomes the leader, Nemesis Prime, the smaller one becomes "Run-Over," a combination of Roller and the Armada mini-con of the same name, basically a mindless battle computer at Nemesis' disposal (just as Roller is a mindless scout and 'part of' Optimus). Bludgeon is himself, not being a formal Destructicon but being an ally of Nemesis' as he too isnt loyal to Megatron. Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper (I use the BW2 colors but the RM names) are Nemesis' air lieutenants, with the MW Jets and Cyberjets being their air patrol. Axer is Nemesis' trusted lackey (being a direct contradiction to his tech spec saying he doesnt like Scourge)

ah G2, what great potential you contained

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    gen magnus, and abro

those are both cool ideas...i may have to do something similiar...except all my BW stuff is displayed with other BW stuff....so unless i decide to keep the RID versions, i wont have those two there...unless i swap them back and forth...

and i was thinking of selling the small RID planes since they are the same molds from dirge and thrust in BW2....but again, i may have to keep them...cuz those two definately wont fit in with their blue and yellow color schemes...

11. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I also agree that G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen were molds that are by far superior than many today's figures, specially Armada ones.

I just have to add as trivia that the RID vertion Dreadwing and SmokeJumper and the Robotmasters Giant Bomb and Smoke Sniper got a remold in the missiles. On previous molds if you put the missiles in the launcher they were not fixed and fell down if you put the figure facing down, but in RID's redeco they got a conector at the end of the missiles so you can attach them to the launcher.

This was a nice idea, but the plastic quality and weight of RID Dreadwing and Smokejumper is not so good. It's very very light comapreed even to the G2 release.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've got BB and Starscream. Great, great molds, excellent colorations. Though I actually took all the cheesey Predacon stickers off them to have nice dark simple themes to the characters. I've thought about getting the reprolabels for Megatron or just putting some 'con emblems on, but the plain color schemes are rather appealing.

It's a great mold and BB and Starscream are my personal preference for color schemes and they are certainly a lot of fun.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've only got the RiD release of them and they're two of my favorite molds. A ton of play value and they're just awesome. Definitely agree that they kick the crap out of even a lot of the more recent molds.

14. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Collector of Transformers

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Long story story short, mine are two from the same verse as Megazarak (botcon Megatron repaint). The large one is Dreadwing (Autobot Steelwing) and dicusses himself as being a weak minded brute, while being a a very smart autobot deep inside, Smokejumper is like animated Spiderman, as in very cynical as sarcastic and alwyas wiling to make crak jokes. Defensor odered them to hide within Megazarack┬┤s inner circle and destroy it from withn.

16. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been eyeing Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper ever since I bought RM Lio Convoy a few months ago, but I lost interest after seeing the prices that Smokesniper was going for.

...and then a week ago I found out they were remolds, and there were other version out. This created a spark of inspiration for me to go and find them again, this time in the form of BB and Starscream, and I'm this close to biting on it right now. It's RiD Scourge all over again, lol.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starscream and BB all the way. I even love the sticker on BB's arm "For Starscream" :lol 

I had RiD pair but sold them (not as cool as SS & BB IMO), my Gigant Bomb is gone too, but it's because I couldn't find Smokesniper :(  I like the colour scheme.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the Dreadwing/Smokescreen 2-pack when it came out at the end of G2 and I was all like "WOAH." I was blown away by the articulation and the multitude of missiles.

19. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Yeah, BB and Starscream are amazing toys.

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I have the original G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen team and I love them both. Both molds are up to date with today toys standards in articulation and detail.

G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen, Laser OP, Hero Megatron and some others are the best G2 molds. Whatever version you get, you won't be disapointed. I personaly prefer the G2 and RID versions, though BW II version is also nice.