Who is this guy?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Dec 23, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Sorry I don't do youtube a whole lot, so i don't know who he is. But it sure does look like your Menasor in the backdrop. I would contact him, ask him to remove it or you will report him to Yuotube. Why do people suck so much sometimes? It seems like a rash of people are thieving from the Radicons lately, just goes to show who the best group of customizers are!

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That is a little, well, creeepy.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I don't mind the images, but you just can't take them directly from flickr, that's big time no-no, then to add another layer to the cake, he stole my avatar someone made specifically for me, then to ice the cake, goes into 10+ videos of my Menasor design.
    I'm also blocked from making any comments to his videos :( 

Maybe it's me sleepwalking?

ps nice sig A23

5. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Saw some of his uploads. Seems to be making a Menasor as well. Hmmm..Maybe you should start charging copyright fees. Hehe.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't see the need to feel upset just because he's using your background or avatar. I mean, the general custom community knows you made that Menasor. But as you said, he feels inspired enough to make his own and he's going about it a bit differently with TFA Prime.

I'd say he doesn't know any better with regards to asking you for permission. But other than asking him politely to take it down or report the image, I don't know what else you can do. You can't exactly "copyright" your customs considering you're using toys manufactured by Hasbro and Takara. But in this case, I just assume it's all in principle.

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    *sigh* this happens a lot and it sucks. I do have rights to my avatar designs

The real mess here is that guy messing with your Menasor project and whatnot and now he has blocked you from making comments?

I hope this isn't another avonasinn situation..

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    He also does specifically say that it is the Frenzy_Rumble Menasor that has inspired him, so he is giving you props at least. I think he may be your first official groupie.

Kudos to you, pal.

- Alty

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Oh, he credited F_R? That's cool. Doesn't seem so bad to me now.

Although he did block him from posting comments...

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thats odd....you say he has blocked you from commenting and what not, but a day ago, he subscribed to you....

As stated, imitation is a form of flattery, but watch yourself F_R....be careful that this doesn't turn out to be a Cyber-Stalker.

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Thanks. I took the Frenzy Rumble crash course in sig advertsing. Go Image Ready! :lol 

He seems like a fan who wants to do work like yours, nothing wrong with that. I can't understand why he would ban you though. I would think he'd be happy o chit chat with you. Hmmm....

12. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Well he did reply to you with "i am sry i took it down and r u mad? "

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

F_R gots a stalker.lol.

14. luke4

luke4 crocon

wtf hes using anitmated prime as motor master? wat a knob!

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    lol, you guys crack me up. as for the credit, I couldn't listen to the videos more than a few minutes, might have not gotten that far.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

People need to stop thinking that anything you find on the internet is free domain. That's just a horrible misconception.

But about this guy, by just going to the page, it seems he's taken down the image as his backdrop, and is making the Menasor himself. Haven't watched any of the videos yet to hear the credit, but still.

At least he didn't win your Menasor off of ebay and claimed it as his own on YouTube. With "added customizing" by, oh I don't know, switching feet or something.

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, at the bottom of all my images on flickr (doesn't matte what they actually are)

© All rights reserved.

yahoo/Flickr are of the more strict sites with this stuff...

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    . . . and the saga continues . . . .

19. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Damn, you guys told me to post my first project, but now I don't know if I want to... F_R seems kinda mad and I kinda did the same thing that guy did- "borrow" Shinobitrons animated batman custom. Granted, it's kinda different than his, but it looks a little too much like his, and since I'm new here, I'm not sure I wanna piss everyone off this soon! What do you guys think? Should I post it, or not?

20. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Post your work. It doesn't matter if it borrows ideas (as long as you credit those that helped you achieve what you wanted). You should never be afraid to post your customs artwork, no matter who gets their panties in a bunch.

As for this thread, I don't agree with the kid using the avatar that was created for F_R or the background image being used (though it's apparently taken down now). I will, however, comment on the WIP and design issues.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't you "borrow" parts of your Devastator design from Ptitvite, F_R? I see that as being the same concept here. This kid has used a formula that seemed to work and even credited you on it. I honestly don't think you can knock him on that. You may have worked out the design aspects on Menasor, but it still borrowed from that original Devastator design. This kid's WIP doesn't even really resemble what you did, so why worry about it? Your Menasor was great and if it inspired others to try something similar, isn't that what it's all about? I mean, I seem to recall you stating that you want to help inspire others to do things like these works of yours--there you have it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, he credited you and seems to enjoy your work, so let him do his thing.

Just enjoy what you're doing and don't try to analyze everyone else's reasons for creating a custom that might share some similar design traits. You do great work, but things like this detract from it because it seems like you're tattling on someone for copying your work when they may have only been inspired enough by it to do something for themselves and their own collection.

And congrats on your auction so far--looks like this could be the biggest/best yet.