who is the most powerful?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by brianfett, Nov 17, 2010.

1. brianfett

brianfett Well-Known Member

In gen 1 continuity, who is the most powerful decepticon leader? Is Deathsau rus more powerful than Galvatron? What about Super and Ultra Megatron? Opinions?

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Not really a Decepticon, but I think Unicron is the most powerful TF.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Unicron may not be a Decrepticon, but he mops the floors with everyone's asses.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    In terms of stuff shown in north America, probably Galvatron, but you could make arguments for a number of Decepticons, such as Scorponok or maybe even Beast Machine Megatron.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I would think either BW Rampage or Tigerhawk. Tigerhawk had Vok powers and lasted longer then most would against a one bot attack on the Nemesis. Then Rampage could take hard hits and keep on charging. Plus he level an entire colony by himself.

6. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Wait, beast machines fits into the g1 continuity?

Anyway, I vote for mutated Scourge, when he had the matrix IF we can't pick Unicron.

Edit:
    Thunderwing hmmm

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yes. Beast Machines is a sequel to Beast Wars, which is a sort of sequel to G1. Optimus Prime makes a cameo of sorts in Beast Machines.

Yeah, there's a lot of good possibilities in the marvel comics continuity. Warworld-merged Starscream or Underbase Starscream, maybe?

8. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I agree with on the Marvel stuff, however, I have to question the connection between the BM and G1. to be honest though I never watched BM... so I don't really know what the storytellers were doin' with it

9. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

Galvatron.

who else can be the most powerful deception?

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    IDW Thunderwing, who singlehandedly made Cybertron inhospitable. Someone who Megatron wanted to annihilate Cybertron itself to stop.

Super/Ultra Megatron, who was the only Decepticon operating at the end of Battlestars, who destroyed Galvatron in being created.

MegaZarak, who replaced him after Galvatron was beaten by the Headmasters holding hands in a circle above him.

Overlord, who's full of power.

Deathsaurus, who killed the guy who beat Overlord.

And so forth.

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Well, the one is a continuation of the other, if you just want to take my word for it. But if you don't mind spoilers:
    It is revealed in the 2nd season of Beast Wars that the goal of Beast Wars Megatron was to steal the golden disc and then travel back in time to when the Autobots and Decepticons on the Ark were still dormant. So after plenty of minor comments about "the great war", "great aunt Arcee", "Decepticon warrior Shrapnel" and so on (hell, episodes of Beast Wars Season 1 had Unicron and Starscream in them), we finally see Megatron finding the location of the Ark and attempting to assassainate G1 Optimus Prime, which would alter the timeline and (he reasons) cause the Decepticons to win the great war. Long story short, he fails, and is hauled back to Cybertron and his correct time at the end of Beast Wars. Beast Machines picks up right afterwards, where Beast Wars Megatron has broken loose, beat them back to cybertron and released a computer virus that has nearly completely wiped out the population of cybertron, leaving only the Maximals from Beast Wars (who were still off-world at the time) and an army of soulless Vehicon drones that serve BW Megatron. As the series continues, we see him use The Key to Vector Sigma as a weapon, we see him manipulate the Maximals through visions at a memorial to G1 Optimus Prime, and various other references to G1, and eventually BM Megatron becomes a pretty heavy hitter, in control of basically the entire planet. It's pretty clear the writers intended Beast Machines to be set in the same universe as the preceeding Transformers shows.

Whew, that was a big spoiler chunk. There's a lot of mention of Galvatron as the strongest Decepticon ever (and its certainly likely), I'm just wondering, is there any canon occurrences of Galvatron taking down Decepticon city-bots or combiners? In the Japanese continuity, would Devil Z count as a Decepticon?

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Devil Z technically does once he fuses with Black Zarak late in Masterforce.

Can't think of an example of Galvatron taking down a citybot, though didn't he blow up Thrull's moon or something? With Unicron's power, Galvatron was pretty much invincible. Though Super and then Ultra Megatron, by virtue of anime power enhancement, would work out more powerful again. Then there's the Star Giant, a Unicron sized Megatron / Dark Nova gestalt....

13. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

IDW Thunderwing is right up there, as are Galvatron and Galvatron II from the Marvel comics.

14. brianfett

brianfett Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I guess I was thinking the strongest of the decepticon commanders. Does overlord count? Or black Zarak? They arent normal decepticons. Would Galvatron be able to take out Deathsaurus?

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Hard to answer this as G1 is very broad and inof its self has multiple continuities. US Cartoon G1, Japan cartoon G1 Post season 3, Us comic, UK Comic,Beast Wars, Beast machines.

so there maybe no one answer.

16. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would think it would be G1 Galvatron but only while Unicron is alive and in good condition. After that he isn't quite as tough.

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'd say super & ultra megatron from battle stars/return of convoy. as both starconvoy & super/ultra megatron were bigger than gestalts in there upgraded bodies. also with most transformers tech,when the years pass by the newer leaders are always stronger than the previous leaders at least in the G-1 Universe.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

BM actually fits better with G1 then Beast Wars does.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends on the kind of day they are both having. They're both extremely powerful in their own right on some appearances, and less so on others. Deathsaurus' gun, for example, is devastating when unleashed - when he's got the power to fire it, anyway. At least one battle was lost because he didn't have the power for the final blow. Likewise Galvatron, powerful and brutally strong, has on some occasions lost thanks largely to his madness. If the two ever met, all bets would be off. Though I think the most likely outcome is they'd both team up and lay waste the planet together.

20. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

This totally made me think of a rusted Megatron waiting to die.

I don't know if it happened or if it was just his plan, but didn't Galvatron merge with Cybertron in one of the Japanese series? That would make him plenty damn strong, wouldn't it?