Who is the best Marvel Pool player?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by tikgnat, May 25, 2008.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This question has been floating around my brain for a little while, so who would be the best Marvel comics Pool (10 ball or whatever)in a fair game? IE, no telekinesis or whatever fixing the game.

In order my guesses would have to be...

1. Daredevil
    This guy routinely throws his billy clubs off peoples noggins, richochets around the room and back into his hand. Plus, all those extra senses might give him an edge.

2. Cyclops
    This guy apparently is gifted with geometry. I think it says this in his Marvel Universe entry. So because he's so good with his Optic Blasts playing pool might be a walk in the park? And why is it that people good at geometry get all the hot chicks in the Marvel Universe? Maths Nerd revenge?

3. Captain America
    He takes out armies of Nazis with his shield... pool oughta be a breeze. Plus, he's Cap.

Other mentions would have to be Taskmaster, Echo and maybe USAgent. Taskmaster and Echo 'should' be good, but need to see their opponents play first. USAgent might be as good with the shield as Cap, but only cuz he was trained by the Taskmaster in the first place.

Would Hawkeye and Bullseye be any good? Their aims are flawless, but this is a game about angles...

Would engineering heads be any good as well? Reed Richards? Dr Doom? Iron Man?

Discuss. Oh, and I'm not being entirely serious. This isn't my serious face.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Long Shot can alter luck. I think he'd be nasty to play against.

There was another dude, I can't remember who though, that could see all possible outcomes of an action and, through that, determine the best course of action. I would swear he was in weapon x but I can't find him.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd say Cyclops since pool is a game of strategy...though I think pretty much everyone you mentioned would be damn good since they're coordinated.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Gambit.

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Sinister, since he conviently seems to have whatever power the writer needs as a plot device and i'm sure supreme pool skill would be no exception.

He said best pool player, not lamest popular X-Men character.

6. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Domino should also be pretty good at pool. From the wiki:

"In addition to her exceptional marksmanship and hand-to-hand skills, Domino possesses mutant probability-altering powers, similar to those of the X-Man Longshot."

Furthermore, she's a woman, so she could distract the guys easier than Longshot.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my 1st thought too, that whole staff thing. plus he's good with projectiles.

and for tikgnats follow up thread: which DC character is the best fusball player.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Good call.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

The GD Batman, that's who.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd have to go with Domino and her probability altering power. Longshot's luck powers are even stronger, but they're tied into his motivations, and I don't think winning a pool game qualifies as a pure goal. But for non-probability altering players, I think Cyclops and Cap would be my top choices. Both have used geometry extensively in their crime-fighting careers (and if that fails, Cyke can always use his girlfriend to distract the opponent ;) ).

As for DC's best pool player, that's an easy one: Angle Man.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In an honest game of pool, there's no luck involved, it's all geometry and physics. How the ball bounces off other balls, the momentum they'll transfer, how much motion it will pick up if you hit it off center... that said, that's Daredevil's forte.

But in a dishonest game, a telekinetic would end the game on the break every time.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dc Foozeball player would have to be the Flash. I mean, Fusball is basically random thrashing of the ball with the guys on poles... the final would be Superman versus the Flash and the Flash is fractionall faster. As to DC Pool... I don't know enough about DC characters to know. Mr Terrific spring to mind, he's meant to be good at everything no?

Longshot and Domino... I completely forgot about their luck powers, but really, isn't pool about physics, not luck? Plus, no powers, or are their powers unconscious?

And to the Engineering heads I forgot about the biggest head of all, MODOK! But he's got tiny arms. So he might not be all that hot at pool.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Works for me. She's got a nice set of distractions on her.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Richards would be pretty good, since he could work out all the angles and such.
    MODAK as well, but he'd have to build himself something to hold the cue and play with.

But the best, Bullseye.

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'd go with Bullseye, Taskmaster, Agent X or Deadpool. Taskmaster for his ability to replicate moves of professionals and the other 3 for their skill.

16. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Stingray because he can swim good. (in the pool.)

17. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Silver Surfer, because he knows all about mass and gravity of celestial objects.

Plus Starman said it was a child's game, (I'm dating myself, look it up, it's an 80's movie)

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Leave.

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    *sniff*:cry