Who Is THE BEST 3rd Party Manufacturer Out There And Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 31, 2010.

?

Who is the best 3rd party manufacturer out there?

1. Fansproject

32 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. Headrobots

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Crazy Devy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Perfect Effect

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. iGear

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I know where this is headed. I just wanted to see some concrete evidence in writing that we can see.

Also, it could be a good thread for said manufacturers an maybe even Hasbro themselves to look at (if hey visit message boards) to get the pulse of the fans.

My vote goes out to Fansproject with Headrobots a close 2nd.

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    are you serious? this is a joke, right?

fansproject started this trend

they already read forums

hasbro's already aware of 3rd party manufacturers

even if they weren't, the LAST thing you'd want to do is tell hasbro to pay more attention to them

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't think 3rd party companies want Hasbro's attention.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    fansproject no question, they are the king

5. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:

Relax boss....Hasbro already knows about them and if they don't something is seriously wrong. This is more for our enjoyment than anything.

6. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Fansproject. Did some really good stuff to spice up our figures.

Runners up:TFClub, Perfect Effect, Mastermind Creations

7. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Hasbro knows good and well. People on the "hasbros gonna get pissed and ruin our party someday" tip need to quit already. As long as no one is making/selling anything HERE in the US.. They arent about to do shit.

And as for the BEST third party company.. I dont think thats possible to answer. Its like saying asking "whats the best ice cream?". Just a matter of taste and opinion in the end

edit: but my favorites ARE fansproject, perfect effect, and a lot of work done by the small timers like venksta

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fansproject hands down, in quality and price, hope tfclub can match with devs

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I've purchased quite a few to enhance my Hasbro toys.

I've purchased from: Fansprojects, Nato-bot, Venksta, Headrobots and Perfect Effect :D 

I really want that DEVASTATOR.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fansproject is on top certainly. Stand alone bots like Defender and armor kits like Protector are all top-notch.

I'm going with Perfect Effect for #2. The little guys they're making are good and getting better. Great articulation, though some of the alt modes have room for improvement.

Head Robots is good, but it feels more like their products are just add-on kits so I can't rate them too highly when you put it next to a custom voyager sized figure.

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from Defender everything is an add on kit...

And I agree about PE. Their tape bots are amazing but alt modes for city commander are killing me. Just make them cassettes!.:) 

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FansProject is definitely king for the moment. While a few small outfits existed before them (Unicron.com, with their annual accessory packs, some reproduction parts outfits), FansProject is really the group that got the ball rolling. With ingenuity and a high quality product to show for it, they really proved to the fandom that others could step up to the plate in areas where Hasbro couldn't. They made a name for themselves with City Commander, but each and every single one of their successive releases has pushed the envelope, and their commitment to quality has been top-notch. They're also the best value in the biz. In their own words, they're in the business for the experience and service to the fans, rather than for profit, so their product is sold almost at cost, with any profits from re-releases and redecoes going to fund further projects. It's certainly a ballsy business strategy, and one major misstep could sink them.

TFClub has certainly become a rising star in recent months, though, with the announcement of their ambitious "Project DEVA". Their first real foray into the business (other than their partner project with FansProject, the Classics Cliffjumper upgrade) was Battle Rollar, which rolled out to rather mixed reviews. Since then, though, they've put out a number of very high quality, and very well-priced accessory kits (Gear of War 1 and 2, and the MP Coronation Starscream set). Not much fanfare there, but it's earned them some plus points. Once Devastator hits, they look poised to jump straight to the top. Although FansProject will probably still hold top spot, if only for the recognition of jump-starting the whole 3rd party market.

Perfect Effect is somewhere up there, too. Lots of original product from them, and filling in some empty holes in peoples' Classics collections, with their re-imaginings of the cassette characters, and now their forthcoming Reflector toy. However, their seeming love-affair with the City Commander mold causes feelings of stagnation, and we're moving out of the non-profit territory that FansProject and seemingly TFClub occupy, so the perceived value isn't there. But they seem to have found their niche in the small-scale characters, so they're here to stick around awhile longer.

Then for those that like to live on the legally dubious side, there's iGear. They had a few high-priced accessory kits under their belt, and the terribly received Ark playset. Not the highest pedigree. Now they've become infamous for their scaled-down Masterpiece Prime figure, from which they've spawned their new calling. Reactions are mixed on this front. On one hand, their works are blatant knock-offs of official product, and they get rightfully vilified for it. On the flipside, though, they're providing toys that a good number of fans have wanted: a Masterpiece Prime that's better scaled to interact with their other figures, Masterpiece conehead seekers that will probably not be produced in official capacity, and a much teased Masterpiece Megatron rescaling to match their Prime, and that might fix the issues inherent with the official toy. They do have some talented sculptors in their ranks, so their latest move of providing alternate head-sculpts for official toys might draw in some fans opposed to their shadier practices.

13. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about Munitioner and Explorer (ok, technically they're add on kits too...), as well as the two upcoming combiners coming up (Glacialbots and the other one whose name escapes me atm).

Anyway, I would also put Fansproject at the top of the list.

14. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like them all because every one of them has found a niche to satisfy some TF fans demands. I can't think of one company that I haven't ordered from. Most recently ordered from Renderform and Bellyboy prior to PE's latest set.

15. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    FansProject no doubt!!!

16. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Well I'd say FP and THEN CD for me.

17. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I'd have to say Fansproject, just because their price is reasonable and their products are awsome.

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    For me it is definately Fansproject at this point. I still havent jumped on the PE Frenzy and Rumble, but they look fantastic as well. A majority of the stuff built for the Classic-verse has been great.

Mad props go out to Venksta, can't wait to see his work continue. Skyjack was amazing and Darkwind is looking fantastic thus far.

Nanobot was a great upgrade for Roadbuster, it is too bad that he moved before he was able to develop more items.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have something like four or five FP products and one each of Impossible Toys and Headrobots (so far...)

Not opened the IT and HR stuff yet so I can only comment on the FP kits, and they are amazingly awesome. So I guess they win by default.

Although they would probably win anyway...

...having said that, the TFClub Devastator is shaping up very nicely :popcorn 

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In regards to City Commander and Protector- yeah, those are add on kits, but compare that to the Hardhead kit from Head Robots. A headmaster and some guns vs a full on trailer and body upgrade. Pretty big distinction in what it takes to make them. I'd have a hard time putting those two FP sets in the same category as the Hardhead kit or say, the Starscream coronation set. They're all technically upgrade kits, but there's just a world of difference between them.