Who is delivering your toys?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
  2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
  3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    USPS and UPS.

After that video, no more FedEx!

4. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    .....Santa is delivering my toys.

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I will say it 1 poor employee should not reflect on the company as a whole. There are people that will handle packages like this with any service they just do not get caught on camera.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

That looked like a LCD he chucked... that can't be good.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well of course.

The worst experiences I constantly have is with UPS. I almost never get anything from Fedex except at work. USPS is constantly amazing.

8. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That guy should really get fired... though I think this video going viral is punishment enough.

9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Canada Post, of course.;) 

10. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other than Santa, I go with USPS. Only cuz I KNOW what time the usually show up in my area.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always just use Canada Post and USPS. I used Fedex once and I got charged with extra fees.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another reason to make toys out of plastic. :lol 

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Wow, I have the exact opposite experience. While I never really have MAJOR problems with packages, UPS always seems to be quick, friendly and helpful, fedex middle of the road USPS always late and usually in a shitty mood when they get here. That's crazy since you and I are just a river away from one another, guess it's just my local post office.

Anyway about this issue, the Senior VP of Fedex actually issued a video response the same day saying they had come to some kind of agreement with the guy who had the problem and the employee was "no longer working with customers."

Here's a link if you're interested. I thought they really got out in front of a possible PR nightmare.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    A few years ago there was a similar video of a UPS driver throwing a package at the front door. This is more common than you think.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my UPS driver that comes through all the time is awesome, he delivers to my house and to my work so i know the guy pretty well

fedex is just lazy and won't deliver to my house

and i know my local postal workers

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I think with USPS it depends if you live in the city or not. When I lived in Queens, USPS sucked balls.

In the suburbs USPS is awesome! UPS never ever rings the bell, ever. My USPS guy will leave things on my porch. The UPS guy left stuff out in the rain. I mean, just put it on the porch. LOL.

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Heh, yeah, it sounds like NYC just has a rough postal system. I guess it was fine when I lived out in Ohio, but I rarely got packages then. I guess it makes sense, the city has not much area to cover but tons and tons of people and traffic.

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You gotta think about this way. My block has 12 1 family houses on it. My apartment in queens had 20 Apts per floor. 120 Apts per building. And that was one of 3 apartment buildings on my block at that time. That is 360 houses. That's like the size of 30 block radius in the burbs.

So almost impossible to be tight with your post man. I don't even know how I would collect in queens now a days.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've yet to have really bad experiences with any mail carrier. Most of my packages come via USPS. I've had a couple issues pop up (an Armada Unicron I purchased was marked as delivered only it wasn't, and since I originally wasn't provided the tracking number, I didn't know about it until a month later). There's one particular mailman here that's very nice and leaves packages at my front door and rings the doorbell or at least knocks. A couple of the other mailpeople around here are okay but don't quite go the extra mile that he does.

As for UPS and Fedex, I haven't had a bad experience with them (that I recall), but they make deliveries so erratically and often just dump stuff near the door without knocking. There've been multiple instances where I've been home all day (I work from home) and had no idea a package was there until someone else came through the front door in the evening and noticed the package sitting there.

That said, since I haven't had any frequent problems or traumatizing experiences, all of that feels like nitpicking in my case.

20. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    It sucks. Basically I'm lucky that I can be near a computer almost all day and can hop on things as soon as they're onsale on line or I wouldn't get anything. Deluxes in the city are sixteen bucks plus tax. There's no Wal-Mart. The TRUs are all disgusting except for times square which is always packed and even more expensive (though sometimes well-stocked). When I go visit my family in Ohio I make my girlfriend stop at every Wal-Mart so I can find the clearance aisle. She hates it.