Who is agent 113? - Your theories?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by General Magnus, Sep 29, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Which bot or con is the DJD mole?

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's Punch/Counterpunch.

3. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

skids

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    One member of the Ethics Committee, who were station in Room 113 on Kimia.

Considering Animus was killed, it's either Trailbreaker or Xaaron.

And they are both aboard the Lost Light.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

There are still too many vagaries to really make an educated case... after all, do we even know if Agent 113 is STILL with the DJD, or whether they have since been recalled since the war "ended"... which would make sense.

My money would be on Skids right now.
    - he's been missing for a long time
    - he has holes in his memory (which has been tampered with)
    - his recent memory is full of... nasty stuff... according to Chromedome (working with the DJD)
    - he has skillz that are not congruous with his occupation, suggesting covert/undercover training
    - he has a double-system gun, probably for firing data slugs into Autobot badges.

I don't know exactly what that has to do with Thought Warfare, the 1984 enforcers, or what he was doing at Crystal City.... but unless Roberts is just messing with us, all the evidence points to Skids.

zmog

6. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Skids, while likely, seems too obvious.

I'm going with Trailbreaker

7. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Trailbreak or Xaaron would not work at all. As members of the Ethics Commitee, there's no way they could have been onboard Kimia and deep undercover in the DJD at the same time. They couldn't have just sneaked away anytime they wanted, especially when Agent 113 had to go to ludicrous efforts to get intel to the Autobots.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I don't reallly care right now. They've not made it that important to know who it is.

9. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Vos

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

But it´s fun to speculate. :D 

That said, I don´t think it´s Skids. Skids is important for the story (like that warning from the future told). But I don´t think it that sense.

Also remember SMOG, all DJD operatives that we saw have alt modes that are capable of torture. If the Bots infiltrated the DJD, their operative would have to blend in, meaning that he would have to use a more violent alt mode than Skids has.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Oh thats good! Also explains why his gun blows up when opened also why he's so hung up on music (Tarn).

12. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Skids.

Or Rung.

13. SMOG

They change alt-modes relatively often. I would assume that Skids would have been "relinquished" (funny how relinquishment tech has been inserted into the plot a lot lately, eh?) to a different body for his deep cover operation... that would have been in the budget. :) 

I'm also not throwing out the possibility that Skids STILL IS undercover... he may be Vos (for example) right now, through some kind of weird remote subconscious "pretender" link. It seems less likely, but it's not soooo far out.

And really, so far Skids is the ONLY candidate. Roberts could pull out the rug and throw a surprise reveal in there, but that's kind of cheap if you don't provide clues along the way. Or it's NOBODY important... but where's the fun in that?

Yeah! The music thing... I forgot to add that to my list. For me, that was a clincher. I thought of Tarn immediately.

The thing is... if Chromedome was in Skids' brain, that would suggest that he now KNOWS at least partially what Skids was up to. He certainly seemed to indicate as much.

zmog

14. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's either Punch/Counterpunch or Skids.

15. SMOG

I remember something a while back... an interview maybe, where IDW hinted that they wanted to do something with Punch/Counterpunch soon.

However, he's a non-entity as far as IDW goes right now. It doesn't seem like Roberts to drop a character in like that, without first gradually seeding him into the fiction. If they suddenly revealed Counterpunch as Agent 113, it would be sort of like "Oh. Cool. Who cares?"

Or maybe he's Tarn. :) 

zmog

16. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been leaning toward Skids for the same reason. I wonder if the music Chromedome uncovered (The Emyprean Suite) is the music Tarn played during Black Shadow's final moments?

Edit: Beaten to it!

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, Skids is certainly hot favourite right now. The music thing is also the biggest give away imo. Also 'Don't let them take Skids!' We've always assumed 'they' means the Regulators, but the Lost Light is due to run into the DJD fairly soon.

My theory is that he was sent to Theophany to follow up a lead on Drift's where-abouts, encountered the Regulators abducting the denizens of Crystal City, tried to fight them and ended up being abducted along with them, but managed to use one of them to escape. I'm going to assume that Memory dumping is a specific part of his training if his position was compromised. The last thing he would have done before dumping his memories is scan the region for the nearest Autobot activity, which would have been the Lost Light, and set his jump co-ordinates to rendezvous with them.

We're assuming that what we've seen of the DJD is all there is of them, and they all turn into torture devices or weapons, I'd be surprised if that was the case. I think that Tarn and his entourage are just the Elite, the head honcho's, and they have many more Con's working for them, following leads, compiling the bulk of the list, the admin basically.

Also, Agent 113 got intel back by shooting Autobot badges, and Tarn's group don't especially seem to bother themselves with Autobots unless they directly get in their way, where-as the lowlier members would have to visit various fronts and battlefields to trace down dissenters. Mingling with squads from both sides.

If I'm even close, I want a cookie.

EDIT: SMOG, you mentioned thought Warfare; See my pet theory as to how that ties in to the Institute in the MTMTE #9 thread. Now, we have a theory that 'The Heist' was on the shadowy, mysterious Institute, and that Skids disappeared afterwards. Now what if who-ever runs the Institute captured Skids after the Heist, and instead of using him for experiments or whatever it is they do there, trained him to be an undercover operative? (They'd have surely been impressed that he managed to find and attack them when most don't even know that they exist!). Taught him memory control and mind altering techniques that would allow him to get in a worthwhile position in the Decepticons. Outfitted him with the Binary Gun to enable him to get Intel back to Autobot High Command, and sent him out into the big wide Universe.

18. Super Lazuli

Super Lazuli Active Member

It being Punch would be awesome.

I have no evidence for this, tho'.