Who introduced you to Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, Oct 17, 2017.

?

Who introduced you to Transformers?

1. You found it yourself

65.8%
  2. Mom

10.3%
  3. Dad

13.7%
  4. Brother

7.7%
  5. Sister

0.9%
  6. Friend (or other not listed here)

12.8%
  7. Grandma

4.3%
  8. Grandpa

2.6%
  9. Husband

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Wife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Found the Marvel Comic at the local drug store, saw the cartoon soon after that, then the Dime Store in town wound up getting some in. Found them while I was looking for some comic book figs at the time.

2. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

No one, Beast wars waas my first contact with the Transformers franchise.

3. Fivepeepeeman

Fivepeepeeman Who the hell do you think I am?!

Hmmm. I think I just found it on my own when I was little. I remember Transformers Prime being my first show.

I didn’t rewatch it till like two years ago and that’s when I really got into TFers

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    YTV.

Transformers: Armada was on YTV one day and I kept watching it and eventually it just continued from there.

5. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    My dad introduced me to Transformers and has supported my addiction over the years

6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    To the best of my knowledge, it was a joint effort with K-Mart and my grandparents. The local K-Mart had some G1 Optimus Primes on the shelf at the time I was there with my grandparents who bought me one of said Primes. There might have been an earlier moment but this is the one I remember involving Transformers.

7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunbow introduced me to Transformer's while Bay tends to turn me off towards it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Grand Slam

Grand Slam Audio Correspondent

I believe it was a cousin, and then my aunt and uncle (his parents) bought me Bluestreak for Christmas one year. My parents probably hated them for it in retrospect.

9. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw a kid in my class having a small red car that transformed to a robot. Kept looking in toy shops what that could be. Until I went to Spain and bought my first Armada figure (Hot Shot). Then watched Cybertron a few years later. Never learned what figure that kid had though...

10. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I found out about it when it first came on tv back in 84'. I seen it on tv which my older brother(rip) was flipping channel's and had to make him stop cause I'd seen something cool (transformers) on a channel. We after fighting like most kids do with older brothers i watched and was in awe then. So then after the 3 or 4 episode i had to ask mom if i could get one cause well commercial of them on. I received my first after he-man collecting and it was wheeljack,bumblebee, mirage on my birthday. I also wanted to say i always told myself that these cartoons would one day be mine. Some how though but thanks to dvd i own 2 complete full copies of the series. Man i feel kind of lucky in alot of ways cause i couldn't think of anything else i would have been into if not for the transformers then in 84'

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I want to say "my brother" but, to be honest, I have no memory of him actually watching the tv show with me. xD So ..yeh...it was me the one who discovered the show back when I was very little ^^'

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Does any of you guys sometimes wonder, if the person who introduced you to Transformers, might still be into the hobby nowadays? If you don't know who that was or don't see that person anymore that is.

13. God Orion

Ebay:
    Walked into a Spanish supermarket when I was a kid and bought Armada Hotshot. Later discovered there was a show behind.

14. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    My friend Adonis asked me if I wanted to go see ROTF. I remember seeing the first movie in theaters, but I didn't really fall in love with the franchise from it.

I liked ROTF (hey, I was eleven!) and Adonis invited me over to play the Wii version of the game. He also showed me his Power Bots Optimus & Bumblebee and his old Cybertron Optimus & Megatron. When I moved from Florida to New York, he gave me the Cybertron leaders as a going-away gift.

After seeing ROTF, I watched some reviews of the figures and asked for nothing but ROTF figures for Christmas that year.

I haven't seen him in almost eight years, since I left FL. He wasn't super into it back then and I honestly doubt he still is today.

15. FOCNerd1021

FOCNerd1021 New Member

My dad had watched the show when it first started in the 80s and he gave me his toys. I was interested and delved a little deeper and got much more into it. I was about six or seven when the first bayformers came out, and I had been hooked ever since.

16. God Orion

Ebay:
    WHen I was younger I also had a classmate with a little red car that transformed into a robot. Realised year later what it was...

17. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

I think it was getting one of the early g1 toys second hand originally... then of course the perpetual re-run of the g1 cartoon on the earliest part of saturday morning cartoons on peasantvision- I was in my mid-teens before dad opted for cable/satellite TV. Sort of faded out for [insert Sci-Fi show (usually star trek) of the year] till the comercials for bayverse movie got me re-watching and watching some the newer cartoons. I do remember liking what little I saw of beast wars while watching at a friend's house when it came on... Most of the series never hit local channels and I was far enough in the boonies that comics were limited to archie and whatever was the most popular boys toy of the year. I always wondered what a babylon5/transformers crossover would look like though...

18. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Spiderman. (Marvel issue #3)

• Like Like x 1
  19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

My brother. He got some of the Burger King kid's meal toys from the first movie and gave me Bumblebee and one of the two Megatrons he had. He got the Blackout toy from the first movie, and that intrigued me. I saw the trailer with Bumblebee on Mars, and that intrigued me further. All that either inspired him or me to show the other the preview for Transformers Animated in December, and we got hooked on the show. I watched the movie on Youtube the following year and loved it (even if I was questioning why Ratchet was yellow, who Ironhide and Jazz were, and where Prowl and Bulkhead had gone off to).
    Seeing stuff from Animated or the first live-action film still fills me with nostalgia, and I love playing with my first ever grail, the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee (though I have the one from the Movie Tribute set 'cause the one I had when I was a kid broke).

20. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Oh, my brother's sick to death of it, thanks to me. He enjoys some of the fiction (mainly the movies) and has a Movie Jazz he keeps around because of nostalgia, but as far as I know, he doesn't plan on getting back into it all hardcore like me.

• Like Like x 1