Who here thinks Transformers Generation One Should of been 3 seasons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Decepticons, Dec 31, 2009.

1. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

What i think i believe the 3rd season should of been 5 more episodes longer just to give it a grandtotal of 100 episodes. I absoloutley disliked The Rebirth mini series. #1 reason is all the new characters. The only good characters were scorponok,Fort max,and sixshot. I would of gotten rid of 4th season and the reborth episodes and edited the 3rd season to five episodes longer and added sixshot,scorponok,and fortmax without any headmasters or target concept. What do you guys think.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its fine the way it is. I don't think many G1 fans could stand extra Season 3 episodes. The show was obviously on its way out and Season 4 was created to push Headmaster and Targetmaster toys.

I would have preferred it if Hasbro imported the Headmasters series from Japan. They introduced all the characters over 20 episodes (?) Not sure how many episodes but it wasn't as overwhelming as season 4 was.

oh and shame on you for wanting to exclude the Head/Targetmaster idea. I for one loved the concept as a child and still do! After owning all the toys, some of them suck but its still a great idea that i'd like to see revisited in the future.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think it was fine the way it was. I liked the Headmasters and Targetmasters.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I just wish there was more to season 4. The bottom line though is that Transformers was dying as soon as season 3 hit so everything seemed like a big rush almost.

To me, it's still a great part of G1.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I would have liked Headmasters to have bene imported and dubbed with the G1 voice cast. If we had got that instead of Rebirth, I'm pretty sure i would feel very different about the proper ending to G1 like I posted before.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Rebirth was fun to watch. Lots of great action scenes.

Even if you don't care for the new characters, the premise or the story, episodes one and three are still fun to watch.

Thats what I keep saying myself. I hate the audio (voices and music) to both the dub and the Japanese original. But I will always maintain that Rebirth had some great voices for the new characters and great background music. Headmaster's seemed dull because the audio didn't excite me. There was no catchy lines or anything in either language. i am convinced that with the voices and writing of Rebirth which remains memorable to this day, it would have saved Headmasters.

8. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quite liked Rebirth, with the introductions of all those new toys, er, I mean characters. Loved those guys and their toy counterparts...if only I didn't lose the heads/guns so easily! More than anything, I was just saddened that it meant the end of North American G1.

I really would have liked to see how Rebirth would have played out with the original five episode allotment. Anyone know if there's info out there on what got chopped (or even if there's an original draft)?

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
  10. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

The show was on it's way out because they killed off 90 percent of the original cast in 90 minutes. All those characters that were the reason for the success of the first two seasons were all of a sudden cast a side and were introduced to this entire new cast of characters that we had never seen or gotten to know previously. I know that killed it for me. I liked some of the new characters, but for me once Megs, Screamer, Ironhide and especially Optimus were gone, it wasn't the same. G-1 would have gone on longer had they kept the original cast. At the very least they should have kept the core cast, eliminated the background characters and introduced some new ones. The need to sell new toys killed off the show.

11. Dogcatcher2009

Dogcatcher2009 Well-Known Member

Naaah...

"Rebirth" killed it for me. G1 fan though I am, I think it ended where it should have.

12. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think G1 ended very well with the Rebirth of the Golden Age of Cybertron. To bad G1 got linked to BW/BM, as I never thought that was necessay.

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    According to David Wise, who wrote Rebirth, it was supposed to be spread out over 5 episodes, and they forced him to cram it all into 3, making it very hard to do anything else than introduce a new character every 5 seconds.

15. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I try to ignore the fourth season. The final episode of season three would have made a better ending to the cartoon. And in a way, it actually works well tying into Beast Wars.

16. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

I agree 100% on this

i think this is how it should have ended

then again i do see why they did the rebirth but a more better way could have been made.
    The rebirth seemed to tie up the reason why they came to earth, energy

17. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like others have said I'd have love to see the jap shows brought over and given proper audio. I bought the 3 on dvd but find them so hard to watch because of the fan dubs

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, at the time Sunbow was being gutted, and it came down to 'Season 4 is 3 episodes, or nothing'.

Fort Max didn't have any character at all in the Rebirth. He was on screen for about 5 minutes and said approximately 5 words.

However, the end of the Cartoon in the US absolutely DID damage G1, Hasbro had less revenue to put into toys, which in turn meant poorer toys, and less sales.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that S3 in itself was the start of the end of G1... but If the original movie was released in Japan at around the same time as the US, the split continuity would probably never have happened, the cartoon would've continued in the US, and the lines in both markets would've been basically the same.

19. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This!! QFT!!

Also this!!

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The end of the third season made a MUCH better ending to the series than the end of the fourth season.

I try to view the fourth season as a "What if?".