who here serves in the military?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jon, Apr 25, 2009.

1. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    hey just wanted to start a thread where everyone who has or currently ,or currently surviving for their country (be in usa, canada, korea, germnay, etc). This will be the place to post where your at, where you've been, etc just to get a picture of where everyones at. I know it'd be awesome to find another tfw member stationed in okinawa. anways, ill start it off. I am LCpl Spannring, USMC i am a radio tech (mos 2846) stationed in okinawa japan ive been here 16 months on island been in the corps since beginning of 07 and i havent done shit. never gotten to deploy or go on an op which sucks but o well. anyways i want all the other service members to come on here and represent!

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

For Sideways since he just left and won't be able to add.

He's off to Fort Redstone Arsenal, Alabama for 10 weeks then to Fort Eglim(sp?) Florida for 28 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  3. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Former U.S. Air Force for 6 years...loved almost every bit of it and I do miss it. However, I felt that 6 years was enough for me and it was time to get on with my education. I also had some problems with my left knee which prevented me from prolonged physical activity (i.e. running). I liked that the USAF focused more on challenging my mental skills rather than my physical ones, but since 2005, they've been stepping up physical fitness requirements and I started lagging behind in their standards.

I ended up separating from the USAF after my initial 6-year enlistment and was given a Honorable discharge rather than a medical discharge. I retained my G.I. Bill and VA healthcare benefits and I am on inactive reserve (they can still call me back to Active Duty if need arises).

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Former Air Force Staff Sergeant here. After training as a personnelist, spent the next 6 years of active duty at the Pentagon, then went in the Air National Guard for 6.5 more (almost four of that as a federal technician as well) before they put me out for medical reasons. The federal technician side retired me back in 2003.

--Moony

5. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Airman First Class Mazariegos of the Louisiana Air National Guard. I work in Communications. I just got in. Left for Basic this past September. Enjoying my job so far.

6. jon

News Credits:
    gah whats with all the airmen:p  just kidding im glad to see some service members are posting in here.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I just want to thank each and every one of you fine people. It takes alot of courage to do what you do. I have nowhere near that amount of courage. So thank you.

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Yo, man! I was in the Marines, and was on Camp Schwab on Oki for 6 months back in 2001. Which Camp are you stationed on?

9. jon

News Credits:
    hey im on camp kinser with clr-37 communications company but back in the day it was fssg h&s battalion comm co.

10. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did 4 years active Army and 4 years National Guard. Was stationed in Germany and Ft hood texas. Got to go to Alaska when I was in the guard. Glad i did it but was time to get out and get my education on. No regrets.:D 

11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    '01-'05 Sgt. in the U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne outta Fort Bragg North cakalaki.

'02-'03 Afgahnistan
    '03-'04 Iraq

Using up my Gi Bill finaly.

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Not yet, but once I'm old enough it's off to the air force with me.
    And to all those fighting for your countries, fighting to protect it (Unless your way of protecting it is terrorism) I salute you all.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, thanks so much for your service!

14. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I just got back home from the Langley airshow and I shook hands and chatted with almost every person in uniform that I saw. I felt right at home being on the base and had to remind myself that I couldn't just pop in to the commissary/BX as I'm not in the service anymore. :( 

15. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Been in the Army for nearly 12 years. Stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri (aka Lost in the Woods, Misery). I'll soon be stationed at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas. I'm a Preventive Medicine NCO. We're basically the public health of the Army.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You prefer se(a)men? :D 
    J/K.
    I live so close to an Army base, i drink JP-4 instead of OJ.
    (Ft. Rucker, FTW!)
    Dad served in the Army, Went to Airborne with his twin brother, did two tours in Vietnam, and then finished out his service with the Alabama National Guard.

My health kept me from joining- i wanted to fly Cobras for the Army.

anyway, You guys/gals got my respect for putting up with the rigors of military life.

oh, my dad has pity on any of you poor bastards that spent time at either Fort Puke, Lousy-ana (Ft. Polk) or the wastelands of Ft. Sill, OK.
    Peace!

17. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, Sill was where i did my basic, and it suuuucked :D 

Just for fun, who has the highest challenge coin here you think?

I have a Three Star, who just happened to be the General Ispector of the Army. The whole army.

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    My thanks and my out-most respect for what you guys and gals do.

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

did my time in the Army Reserves...

was a Admin with 621st Signal Detachment in Fort Shafter, HI....but maybe did that 5% of my time, mostly helped printing jobs, computer tech stuff, and stuff for other people..

then years later, i got deployed with the 48th Brigade as a Intelligence Analyst...spent training at Fort Stewart, GA and Fort Irwin, CA...then did our Iraq tour (OIF 3.5) in Baghdad then Talil. There i got my SGT rank :) 

20. jon

News Credits:
    i got a commadant of the marine corps one for asking the first question when he was here last year. but we dont really play that. marines never needed games to drink :)