Who here is not going to be suckered into buying ROTF toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crimson Primus, May 4, 2009.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

This....I don't want to Feed the Hasbro mentality of pushing aside all other TF lines for the Movie. They need to learn a lesson and they will when they see that it wont sell near as much as Movie 1.

2. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Oh, I'm totally going to be suckered in. First ROTF Prime I see on the shelf is going home with me! I will not, however, buy ridiculously over priced pre-sale items off eBay. Seriously, $160 for an item that will be on store shelves in a matter of weeks? No way.

3. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

Just Sideswipe.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm not picking up a single fig from the movie line this time
    unless it's a universe figure thrown in to "boost numbers" ala fracture (red alert/ grapple?)

5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Sideswipe
    Sideways
    Rampage
    possibly Voy Megs

All the others just do nothing for me, I don't want to say "ugly," but when I look at some of them, (like the twins) I just have no urge to purchase a toy that's intentionally been made to look............whatever you call that.

Besides I already have all the characters from the first movie, so why buy them again? I don't see enough difference in Ratchet and Ironhide. Leader Prime I admit looks really nice, but I'm just as happy with movie1 Leader Prime.

And a Devastator that can't combine, be vehicles, and be robots too, doesn't interest me either.

Looks like I'm gonna be saving alot of money now that the Universe and Animated line stopped. I could use a break anyway, the past couple years have been expensive.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Deluxe Sideswipe, Leader Prime & Leader Megs are the only ones I'll remotely consider buying... and I'll be waiting until they inevitably go on clearance if I do decide to pick them up. As it is, I'm still trying to sell off my TF1 figures.

7. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh i am buying a whole shit load of movie toys. Because i like the molds and well just because i want new toys...:D 

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll pick up a couple, don't know which ones yet because I don't know a thing about the movie and I intend to keep it that way.

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I'll buy whatever is closest to the movie, as far as accurate colors go.

Some of the first movie premiums were worse then the first editions, but others were significally better.

Obviously I will pick up Sideswipe, and the twins right away, cuz they are almost spot on, not much to be improved there, same with Leader Megatron and jetfire.

I will wait on Sideways, and the Constructicons. Sideways looks like crap color wise, and I have no idea what is going on with all the different colored Constructicons, I'll wait and see the movie first.

10. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

no, they're ugly.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So now anyone who wants ROTF figs is a sucker? Nice going, there, insulting a huge amount of people.

I ONLY bought 1 of each firts movie characters, and Premium Jazz. ('cuz I ruined my Jazz in a failed repaint) I didn't go overboard buying anyone anywhere, though I did get three drone figs. (and only one I actually really like, but I lost him :( )

For ROTF, I'm only buying screne characters.

12. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

He was referring to buying the 1st line of figures, when you can wait and get Premiums or G1 repaints later on

That being said, I think the only 1 that interests me is the red repaint of Sideswipe and the yellow repaint of Sunstreaker if they go that route.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    suckered? I thought we collect this shit cause we like it. I doubt anyone gets suckered. Especially people on here that have seen the toys on here plenty of times.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I haven't been too crazy about the movie toys... I think the only ones I'm interested in right now are the scout bi-plane, forklift, and motorcycle. Doubt they'll get "premium" repaints, though presumably some kind of repaint.

15. angelus2402004

angelus2402004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll get a few. But I might get ravage, starscream, and the fallen.

16. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Maybe just the ice cream twins.

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Only a few

Ransack - must get biplane!
    Human Alliance BB - if he has enough new features to make him different enough from movie one moulds
    Arcee Sisters - only if they combine into something cool
    Sideswipe - but waiting to see if he gets painted red, yellow, or blue first

Have we seen any pics of the ice cream truck toy at all yet?

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Check the news forum :thumbs2: 

19. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i buy and keep toys i like. i bought probably two tftm last year and never bought again. i gave both away. ugly toys.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly don't feel like I'm being "suckered in". Most of the RotF toys I plan on getting are great as-is, and I don't think a Premium version would make them any better than they already are. There are a couple I'm worried about, but if they do get Premium versions, It's not a big deal. It's not like I wouldn't be able to sell or kitbash the originals. Like the Fallen for example. If I get the original, and he then gets a Premium repaint, I could then kitbash the first one into Prima, or pretty much any one of the other first 13 bots that aren't evil.