Who here has had luck getting TF Prime deluxes off TRU website?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I try to haunt that site as much as possible and when I finally saw they had them up, the only one in stock was Bumblebee. So, I orded 2 of him and got them in a couple days ago. Arcee and SS where out of stock for shipping. It's been that way for a while now but i keep checking. I noticed recently that even Bumblebee was out of stock too. But he is back in stock now.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night and I finally got up about 3:30 am and lit a cigarette and jumped on the net for the heck of it and checked the website. And to my surprise, Arcee and SS were available for shipping!! WOOHOO. So I quickly put 2 of each into my cart and checked out. Then I noticed just a few hours later that they were back to the "out of stock for shipping" status. I feel pretty lucky to have found them in the small window they were available. My local TRU doesn't have them in store yet, or at least as of last weekend anyway.

So, I was just wondering, are all of you having a fairly hard time picking them up so far? I know they'll see store saturation in the near future but I really wanted these asap because I can't wait to check them out. The Bumblebee is cool but I can't wait til Arcee and SS come in!!

2. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I didn't have much of a hard time picking these up from the store. I picked up a 2nd Starscream this evening with no problems. They were released a few days ago, give it some time, they'll eventually saturate until no one wants them... I hope..

3. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

I have checking my local tru for 2 weeks straight and no signs of arcee or ss. I do hope the first edition hits other retailers so they can be a little easier to obtain.

4. JIMIVEGAS

JIMIVEGAS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ss and arcee have had "random" restocks here at the tru in Vegas for the past two weeks. I guess since it's the holiday season, they are getting multiple truck shipments each week. Sadly, bumblebee is already shelf warming and no one seems to want him. Anyhow, so far so good. All 3 figures are a welcome addition to the collection.

5. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was once on tru.com when they were all in stock, but i didn't have any extra cash to spend.

6. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    out of stock now, was trying to find someone to qualify for free shipping.

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I passed the first time they were on the site. They were showing up locally but since it was the first week, they were already being snatched up. I had a $5 coupon to burn. Rather than waste gas and time, I just ordered a set sans BB online when they reappeared and now they are on their way.

8. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 Former Toys R Us Commander

Ebay:
    best thing to do for getting them in store, go to the guest service and ask them when their truck comes in, call or go back that day or the day before so they can check the truck manifest for you.
    Easiest thing is to give them the item number, 757212 for the deluxes, and on the items info, it'll say if its on that truck. Since its the Christmas season, you could probably stay long enough after they start the truck to see if they get onto the floor. If not that night, go right in the morning and grab them or call have them hold them for you, they can only hold them to the end of the day, and sometimes after a while they might go back anyway, so give a name and a time you'll get there.

I give you a game plan cause they have only been sending out 1 box a truck, since a few weeks ago, and its not guaranteed so you gotta keep checkin in, cause if you only go once in a while to look for them, you'll never find them.

9. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice.

10. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Nope, no bad luck on my end. I've had this stuff for weeks before it was officially released in the States. But thanks for asking, it's great to know you care about my collecting.

:D 

11. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to order them online because I had to get my daughter something that was available online but not at the TRUs I had been to. I was trying to get it to $49 for the free shipping. But of course Arcee and Starscream were out of stock for shipping. So I decided to start hitting different TRUs after work and it took about 6 trips to 4 different stores but I was able to get Arcee, Starscream, and my daughter's toy for 40% the online price! Hunting in the stores is more fun too. Ordering online kind of takes the fun out of for me.

12. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    The closest TRU is 45 minutes from me and it's the only one. That kinda takes the fun out of it for me, personally. I read where people have multiple TRUs and other stores they can hit within a decent radius but I'm not so lucky. Me and my dad used to go out toy hunting when I was in high school and we had to plan it to be an all day, and in some cases all weekend event just to be able to hit a multitude of stores. But with gas prices the way they are now, those days are long over. :(  But boy, those were the days.

13. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    Must be nice.

14. luclin999

luclin999 Well-Known Member

All three figures just shipped for me today. Saves me the trouble of going from TRU to TRU here in town trying to hunt them down.

Now when Cliffjumper hits, that may be another story altogether.

15. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i got the 3 ordered before arcee went out of stock again. i used to love hunting for figures and admit finding 1 every now and then when im shopping is a good rush, but as ive got older i prefer to just have things delivered to my door step .

16. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I picked up an Arcee as soon as the boards listed her.
    She was delivered last week and one foot fell off!
    The pin was misfired and ill return her as defective as soon as I see her in stores.