Who here has Classics without any defects?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cowscows527, Oct 19, 2006.

1. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I've read quite a few posts lately about Bumblebee's/Prime's having bad paint applications and Rodimus, Astrotrain and Starscream breaking while transforming. Now before I get paranoid about the order I have coming in the mail (complete set, but the website doesn't take them back if broken) I'd like to know how many people haven't had any problems at all.

People use something called an "availability heuristic" when making judgments based on how often we hear about it. The more often we hear about it the more likely we are to assume that it is the norm. Unfortunately, people tend to talk more when something is faulty then when it is perfect.

So if you've had no problems please share, and if you've had some problems also share. Then we can get a more even view of how bad the Quality Control is. Thanks for any and all responses.

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I've got BB and Screamer. The only defect was a loose screw on Screamer that was easily solved.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Only issues on mine are some loose knee swivel on Rodimus and BB, but it doesn't effect play value or stability. Paint wise, the only issue is a tiny red slit on BB's hood.

Realistically, I think the QC issues are being VASTLY overblown by fans who just expect too damn much much from a $10-ish toy. I also think the "breaking in transforming" bits into question.
    Of what I've gotten (all wave 1 Autobots), QC is on par with Cybertron

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I haven't had any real problems either. My Prime, Megatron, and Starscream are just fine.

The white stripes on Bumblebee have a few imperfections, but nothing bad. The worst thing I have is that on the Wave Crusher, there is some paint on the windshield of the jet ski. But again, that's not much of a problem for me.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have no issues that are major. They are on par or better then Cybertron. Mt Rodimus and SS have some crooked rub symbols though. And Rodimus has a stress mark on his r ight arm where the post that connects it to his body connects.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're ten dollar toys. The QC is on par with that.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yah mine are pretty decent except for a few floppy joints...otherwise they're great.

8. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I got classic screamer, but I am keeping him MISB.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    My Prime and Megs are perfect, as far as I can tell. All the smaller ones have a minor issue here and there, but nothing major.

10. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

My Bumblebee is pretty much perfect...the only problem is one of the sides of the wavecrusher thingy is much tighter than the other. The Hot Rod i opened was quite good too...Screamer and Astrotrain are in their packages awaiting my son to be old enough to play with them.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    My Prime is fine - I don't consider some slightly askew paint apps to be 'defects', unless they're splattered or something really obvious.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got both voyagers and they're perfect with no paint defects and no joint issues... hell, sometimes Prime's joints are a little too tight when attempting to pose him, but that means it'll take a lot more play to wear out.

All of my deluxe have tight joints and and the QC for the paint applications are on par with a $10 toy. In other words... on par with Cybertron deluxe. Actually, the only one that has any real issue is Screamer whom has a minor bleed in one area of his torso on the side, but even when you look right at it you can't easily see it.

Personally, I think the paint complaints are a small vocal group pointing out something that's hardly noticeable on most figures. Or they expect a little too much out of a $10 action figure.

As for the guys breaking during transformation... unless you're being unnecessarily rough with it and not following the steps... I don't see how it anything could just "snap off" as people keep putting it.

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I have all that are out now and the only one that has problems is Astrotrain. It has sloppy paint aps in places. The rest are perfect.

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't have any problems with my figures. They're all pretty tight and none of the paint apps are out of place, at least not moreso than any other figure.

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    My Megatron is in perfect condition. No problems at all.

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My Megatron and Astrotrain are perfect.

My Hot Rod has some scuff marks on one of his legs that I didn't notice until I saw it at a certain angle... and it didn't even make me mad... just one of those, "Oh, I guess that kinda sucks. I guess. Oh well, whatever." kinda things.

17. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

All of my figures are fine other then the starscream.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    My Classics are almost all in pristine condition. Megatron has a bit of stray white paint on his waist, but that's easily fixed (once I get around to it), and Starscream has some stress marks on the back of his left leg, which makes very little sense as it's nowhere near a joint. Everyone else looks great.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The set (Astro + Screamer) Im ordering from Triformis look great in package, as he was kind enough to provide me with loads of pics of every angle, Screamers Rub sign looks a bit wonky, but I'll most likely end up taking rub-signs off, and getting some Reprolabels 'Con symbols for both.

The only major things I was worried about were Astrotrain having two Left or Right shoulders, or Screamer coming with 2 left or right guns.

20. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

All 6 are in perfect condition.