Who here has a Complete G1 Collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arkvander, Jan 3, 2011.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for you completist, what is the breakdown for the collections (US, UK ex, JPN ex), figure wise, with combiners counting as 1?

2. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we should have pics of the complete g1 collections here. I want to see only g1s. It must be cool to own all of them, you can finally relax a bit, once you finish all of the g1s. CONGRATS to whoever that has them all. The japanese ones I dont even know who they are. I stopped watching after the transformers movie. I will catch up soon with season 3 and 4. maybe masterpiece, headmasters, and whatever else was g1. what was g1 after season 4? was it headmasters, masterforce, targetmasters? etc. on a side note was the seacons only in the japanese series?

3. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

You are?! I need to come over to your place sometime. You'll probably have to kick me out. :lol 

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    When you say Euro versions do you mean El Greco and GIG?

As for myself I know I will never get every single figure because I'm a mib/misb collector and since I only started collecting in 2008 the prices for rare figures are too high to get them all soon. The only loose figure I have ever bought is G1 devastator and I'm still searching for his giftset box... I also only go for figures that appeal to me and most of the minibots, some autobot cars, decepticon jets etc are off my buy list. Heck, I don't even have G1 prime or a seeker jet because I have the MP seeker jets and MP prime since those are the best versions you can get of them.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey guys,just a follow up but forgot to mention I only have US G1's,except maybe 5 or 6 that are Takara.Also I have some doubles,if I can ever finish my first collection I might go back and get a second set to display in alt mode.

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I was getting there until I had to sell a ton to pay for over 4,000 in car accident damages.

I had 84-86, all micromasters, all combiners, all cities, and miscellaneous late G1 figures. I was working towards completion.

I got much less for the figures than they were worth, but I had to sell them together and ASAP as I had to pay for my car a week later. No time for individual auctions and such.

7. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    That must suck big time :( 

8. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, solarstorm, im glad your still collecting after that big mess. cars are crazy expensive to maintain. Dont get rid of the ones you have now ever or you will regret it later on down the road. I did that once and it costs me alot more to get them back, which sucks because I had to pay 2 -3 times the price for them.

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I was never a completionist, I'm still not one, but seeing you guys out there with this dedication to your G1 (which I consider the one and only transformers out there) and your effort is very inspiring, my eyes are green with envy! The problem with me is that I have strong likes and dislikes and because of this there are some characters I could never have interest in obtaining eg the throttlebots or those two packs that combine can't remember their names, unless they were at an absolute minimal effort to obtain.

Another big blow which stinted my G1 collection was the release of the commerative series. I had just gotten into my G1 stride, even had a few mint boxed one (very pricey indeed!) and then the commerative series dropped in, for some reason they just devalued the value of G1 transformers in my eyes. Prior to them I felt by collecting rare boxed tf's I was part of an elite few who could boast of havng a rare mint figure but after the commemorative's came in it seemed that all I was merely paying for the same toy in expensive packaging and this made me lose my motivation. I collected, but not with the intensity or effort and certainly not with the same budget. I still collect G1 but at very competitive prices and minimal effort but I'm moslty interested in the classics strictly henkei's and united figures, the ones with the best G1 American toon accuracy and the occassional 3rd party stuff, of course!

One day when I'm a millionaire, i'll purchase an entire complete G1 collection mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Forgot to mention you, bud :wink:  you just have a handfull left in U.S. releases right?

I meant to say European "exclusive" figures.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I started collecting loose minty items, thinking mib was expensiv. Met a girl,----> moved in with her,----> we lived cheap, --->thought to myself " f*** it im going MIB "

sometimes you end up in a bidding war, some items you just never going to find cheap (Menasor Giftset for example). Sometimes you do get luckey

The most hard to find stuff for me is the last waves of MOC/MOSC stuff like Triggerbots, SParkbots and so on. The only ones out there are ridicules expensiv and not worth the money.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I'm trying to do it, but I've fallen off in my collecting in the last couple of years. Eventually I'll get around to completing it.

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Up until about 5 years ago I had a nearly complete US G1 set minus Reflector, some Micromaster sets, and about 4 Pretenders. No Action Masters either, since I don't care for them at all. Sold almost all of it, rebuilt, sold, and now rebuilding again. Started over with Headmasters, and now all I need is Fort Max, Squeezeplay, Fangry, Hosehead, Siren, and Nightbeat.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Something I see myself doing as well as time goes on is upgrading my figures with those of better condition. Also, since we've spoken of MiB pieces, there's a handful of G1 MiB pieces I'd like to get. Otherwise, I'll be playing around for a while with the paperwork, but that wraps up my "vintage" collection, as I'm just into the US run. That excludes a few figures I'm interested in though :) 

15. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For me it was about half and half. I had many from my childhood that I kept in good condition. When I was in my teens there was a great flea market near me that used to sell loose complete Transformers (usually with specs and instructions) for really cheap. For example, I got Monstructor 100% complete for $30. This was back when the later year stuff wasn't very desirable (mid 1990's) so I was able to pick up much of 88-90 at a good price. Then of course there are always the big items, Fort Max and Trypticon, etc. that I had to pay the big bucks for. More recently I found another local vendor selling complete action masters for $5 apiece, so I was able to finish up my Action Masters completely. So it has been 20+ years of searching locally as well as eBay and the great people on the boards.

As for Euro and Japanese lines, I do plan to collect the exclusives (I have many already) however American G1 is my primary priority. I am also actively collecting AFA G1 of all the figures I owned as a child. Kinda like a fun side project.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Not me. Space limitations and the fact that I don't like every single TF figure out there. I have also decided against collecting most Targetmasters and no Headmasters as they are ridiculously expensive. And, if I ever did get all TM's and HM's, it would make me want FM which I'll never be able to afford in the condition that I'd want him in to make him worth having in the first place.
    So no, I don't, won't, have a complete G1 collection. But it is still no where near "complete" for me as there are many repaints of interest.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    miasboytoy i think is missing the godbomber jr fig, i've seen him mention it a few times, also vectorsigma2 is pretty damn close as well, i was complete up to 87 until the year before last when i got married. now i have a long long way to go

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I have no interest in collecting the vintage g1 figures due to cost and time but i have the utmost respect an admiration for all of you that have complete or almost complete g1 collections!

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For me a complete G1 collection would contain every show character from season 1 to 4. All loose, complete and in good to mint condition. Because I display all my figures open I'm not too concerned about boxes and/or tech specs/instructions; although getting instructions is always a bonus.

That being said I need about 20-30 more figures...I can't think of the actual number right now lol. But I was surprised when I actually finished my 84 collection...The catalogues claim Shockwave is an 85 character. I do not have Shockwave yet.

Just counted....I need 44 and most are combiners and I won;t be chasing down the target masters for the season 3 characters.

20. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    That is something I might have done as well if the box inserts would have been all Styrofoam. I made it a point to get all of those MIB. I just find the ones with plastic bubbles to be unpractical and clumsy. But come to think of it, I prefer my TFs displayed loose, so I might not have gone completely MIB anyways.

That is a process I am happy I am almost done with! Only a handful of C-8s and C-9s are left to be upgraded to Near Mint :redface2: . Thankfully, by the time I got to Japanese exclusive, I had learned to buy them NM right off the bat. :) 

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011