Who here has a Complete G1 Collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arkvander, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Something I have often thought about, but have rarely seen are people with a complete G1 collection. I was just curious as to how many of you on here have one, or if you don't have one do you strive for one? I myself am in the latter category. As to what constitutes complete? My personal requirements are: All domestically released transformer figures between 1984 and 1990. All figures must be complete with all weapons, tech specs, instructions and must be in reasonably good condition, C8 or higher. This includes giftsets and mail-aways (such as reflector, powerdashers and omnibots; does not include transformers that were already released such as Megatron, Thundercracker, Cosmos, etc. that were available in later years as mail-away only). Giftsets must have boxes and styro in good condition. Of course this means I should have two sets of every combiner that was released in a Giftset (which means I also need a tech spec and instruction sheet for each of the giftsets :crazy: ). I also require of myself all minispies and decoys (including the 21 incorrectly produced red decepticon decoys). I also include Bumblejumper as well as the Time Warrior watch, but that is where I draw the line. No other merchandise.

So how many of you have completed this goal or strive to? What are your requirements? Feel free to post if your personal requirements differ from mine, I know many people feel like a complete G1 collection is '84-'86 or '87 only.

Personally, I have approx. 93% of the figures, 89% of the parts and 32% of the paperwork I need to complete my goal. Giftsets are a killer though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    My goal is simple:

MIB: Must have all original inner packing wheater it is styro or bubble. All parts and instructions to.

MOC: Card and bubble is a must, Can be sealed or resealed.

Dont Want: Pretenders, Micromaster and Action MAsters.

Own: Almost everything. Need to upgrade 32 items from loose complete to MIB/MOC and Im done.

All bots are in about c8.5 to C9 condition.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not including japanese and euro?

4. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    for me it is US only Except two and that is Fortmax as I love the sword and I got it cheap MIB and of course Battle Gaea since Bruticus is my favorit.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 JUNKIE has it all!

6. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    nah he is short, missing some misprinted tech specs :p 

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm close; I've got every figure released up to the start of the Pretenders. All loose, and some in less that wonderful condition, but most are complete (minus extra missiles). It's good enough for me, I've considered myself done with G1 for some time now.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've got one, US G1 anyway.

I have nearly all the Japanese exclusives, and I'm starting to dabble in the Euro exclusives as well. Rotorstorm and Boss are very nice.

9. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

My personal goal is to have all of the US G1 toys complete with accessories up to 1988 minus the pretenders. I might end up getting some pretenders (I already have Grimlock), but I really don't care for them, the action masters or the majority of the micromasters. I'm actually more into G2 than the barrage of micromasters released late in the line.

For my collection, I don't really care about the box, instructions or tech specs. I don't keep any of my figures MISB, but I do keep a few mib. I like to have my transformers around to tinker with, so misb doesn't really appeal to me unless its a toy that I really want in mint condition that hasn't been reissued, and I'd still open it...

So far I'm close to having everything 1984-1986, which also fulfills another goal of mine to have every figure that appeared in the Transformers movie. I haven't really set out to be a G1 completist. So far I've picked up G1 figures because I liked them, used to own them, thought the mold was interesting, etc. It just so happens that I keep acquiring more which edges me toward completion. I've had a lot of mini-goals in between, like having every autobot car, or every combiner. It's a slippery slope!

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I have what I consider an almost complete G1 collection... at least all I want for my personal collection. This includes all figures from '84 to '85 with most from '86 and some from '87. Although I am missing Runamuck, Runabout and Twintwist, Topspin. Some of the figures are reissues and none are MISB with one that is MIB (but it's a Japanese Stepper). The only figure I really want/need is Fortress Maximus (excluding the 4 figures mentioned above, since I really dont care if I ever get those ones). And maybe eventually I wouldnt mind picking up Gnaw but he's so expensive for one that is complete and in good condition.

Other than that, I'm not into the Pretenders or Action Masters at all, nor the later target/head masters (the junior-type ones). Also I havent bothered doubling up on figures like HotRod and Cyclonus TM versions. I'm sure what I've stated above falls far short from what others consider a complete G1 collection, however I'm happy and consider it complete for what I want out of G1.

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think that Transfan guy (or girl) might have every single TF that was ever even thought of being made.

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
  13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...wow. You guys are dedicated.

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :confused2 

Not quite :eek: 

I'm complete in G1 U.S. releases, including all accessories, tech specs, instruction booklets, and backing cards.
    Also complete in G1.5 Euros, minus the Overlord variant.
    And I am 10 pieces away from completing Japanese G1, minus JRs which I don't collect.

I think "miasboytoy" and "dragonclaw" are both 100% complete in all 3 regions..

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Holy &@$#%!

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I am about 30% to 35% away from completing my G1 figure set that I want (i am not a completist btw).I have about 175 figs,so I need about 55 or 60 more to finish.Also of note is it took me about 5 years to find all these,so it'll probably take forever to find the rest as they are the hard ones to find like Scorponok,Slugslinger,and Trypticon to name a few.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm pretty close myself. That's what I get for hanging around G1Junkie :lol 

18. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wow. You guys with a complete G1 collection make me insanely jealous. I'm working on it, but just started over the summer, so no where close. Did you guys get steals/deals or did you pay the big bucks to get the minty g1's?

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, took me 25 years to do it, 1985-2010. It was a BLAST. :D 

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Anybody with a complete G1 collection is royalty among TF collectors IMO. I've always, always wanted to start my G1 collection, but unless I get a very good deal on a figure I just can't afford it. I love my figures being in great condition and with G1 being 25 years old or so that's hard to come by. Some day I hope I can fulfill my dream.