Who here DOESN'T want Bay to direct Tf4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazz_123, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I like Bay. The only reason I don't want him as the director is because I want a new feel to this universe. I'm all for him being a producer or something though.

Ultimately, I enjoyed his vision for Transformers. He has a keen eye for action and presents it in a way I would myself. Many people need to remember that not everything is down to him. If the Autobots are unstoppable then it's because they were written that way.

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here , here, I want him out

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Im interested in seeing another person's take on the franchise, but at the same time, I can completely understand why Bay would be kept on from a business perspective, and to some degree, better the devil you know, right?

4. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

count me in as well

5. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I'm off and on with him. He definitely has an eye for action, i'll give him that. But I also think it would be interesting to see another director take a shot at it. We've had Bay for three movies, maybe it's time we had a change.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't want Bay back because my gut feeling is that if Micheal Bay is back then it will just more of the same stuff we got in the last two films.

As Santoanderson put so well the first film it felt like Spielberg had some control over Bay and it almost did not feel like a Micheal Bay film, but the next two films were the same stuff Bay has done in all his films.

The tension and excitement has really gone for me as well so it's hard to get excited about the a 4th film under Bay. The robots are super easy to detect now so there goes the tension and suspense of they could be any vehicle anywhere any time. No tension of the good guys might be in a really bad spot and need to dig deep to win because it's so easy for the Autobots, NEST, and Sam to kill even the biggest and baddest of Decepticons.

Plus there is just something about a director liking you as a fan that brings the excitement back. The GI Joe movie was so bad and the toys did so poorly I'd almost given up hope on GI Joe. But then new GI Joe director Jon M. Chu starts being nice to us old Joe fans and all of a sudden excitement is in the air again. Instead of the outsider looking in like with Transformers I feel kind of invested in the next GI Joe movie because Chu is nice enough to say that I'm just as important as the new fans we hope to get.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I plea the 5th.

8. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if we can't get rid of him, could he at least get a good scriptwriter this time?

9. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

I definitely would like to see another director head TF4. I'm sick of unstoppable Bumblebee, GoddimusPrime, and Ratchet the useless.

10. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. I'd like to see another directors take on the franchise.

11. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say I agree with this. There are a lot of things in the films that I love, but there’s equally just as much that pains me every time I see them. This is what I put in another thread:

I do have to say that as a filmmaker and director doesn’t Bay want to spread his wings and do something else? I mean, he’s doing Pain & Gain, which is great. It will be refreshing to see a low-budget Michael Bay film. But even if when he finishes that he wants to go back to big budget spectacles, doesn’t he want his next big budget spectacle to be something other than Transformers? He’s done what not many in the business have done before; he made a complete trilogy in one go. It’s to be commended, really. Okay, so he’s going off to do something else, but then he’s just going to go straight back to Transformers? Doesn’t he actually want to do something else in the long-term? What about Bad Boys 3? Now that’s a film that needs to be made.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't want him but we're stuck with him until his movies start to make a lot less bank.
    As much as I enjoyed the Bad Boys movies maybe Bay should turn his hand to a Bad Girls movie? Sexy women, big guns and explosions, fast cars. Sounds right up Bay's alley. :p 

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The Autobots weren't written unstoppable... the novel does things in a lot more pleasing way, and he removed or changed things to suit his taste or others instead of making for a better story. For example... the Twins deaths would have dramatically improved the film. Starscream killing Dino... would have improved the film. The Megatron Optimus team up... would have improved the film. All things Bay removed or changed to. The detriment of the story. Ehren Kruger's ROTF treatment... that was brilliant. He changed it. The Twins were originally Sideswipe Sunstreaker. Changed it. Arcee's TF movie body. Changed it. Several more TF styled version of Devastator existed. He changed it. Jetfire had cooler designs. Changed to the geezer bot with fart jokes and a cane.

I liked the Bayverse, but I would rather someone who wants to present Transformers to the masses, versus someone who wants to make a robot action movie with the name Transformers attached.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That would be like a Whitesnake music video where women are playing the instruments. Everybody knows that proper objectification of women ala Bay means the chicks are not there as replacement characters of our red-blooded male protagonist. Backup singers, backstage groupies, and drapers-on-muscle-car-hoods only, please.

And I actually LIKE Whitesnake.

15. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Seeing as he wouldn't shut up about how he hated Arcee and killed her after having her do nothing, and there hasn't been a single female miltary character in all of NEST, I get the impression Bay thinks women shouldn't or can't fight.

But he had Mikeala sort of actiony in the first film, chopping off Frenzy's head, and driving Bee around, so who knows.

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    This.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There is nothing wrong with Bay. It's the damn writers that bog these movies down. Change up the writer roster and perhaps this movie will actually be good.

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I consider the Bayverse interpretation of TFormers to be just that, an interpretation- a style, and an approach. It's been pleasing to see Bay's take over the last 3 films, but in many ways what's worked has been less about his directing and more a reflection of how excellent ILM is at what it does so very, very well. The passion of the artists shows in every frame of film they work on, and Bay is merely channeling that adulation to great effect. So, what came first- the chicken or the excellently animated hulking CGI robot?

That being said, I'm ready for Bay to walk away for now. Yes, even if this means a less than stellar 4th film while the franchise rights itself and finds balance in its new direction. Again, Bayverse has been fun, but it's like trying to stay at summer camp forever. Eventually you have to get back on the bus and head home.

Actually, this says what I said...only much better.

19. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Yes just for action scenes. He's the best at that, but they need a new director. If there is a 4th movie, and bay comes back, someone needs to tell him that either the Decepticons win for once, or they are close to impossible to kill.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Not really. I felt TF1 was well-written and had a lot of charm and characterization despite the challenges Orci and Kurtzman faced (the studio fought them tooth and nail to reduce the screen time for the robots).
    RotF was crippled by the writers' strike and it is hard to make a judgement based on how badly the script and production was affected by that.

DotM was written by Ehren Kruger all by himself and I think we got to see the most epic and mature TF movie to date.

The end result of any movie however, is based on a blend of the work of the writers, the director, the producers and all the rest of the cast and crew combined. Of course it's up to the Director to channel all their respective input into a final product which appears on screen, and to be fair to Bay, on a production this huge and complicated (and where he is essentially breaking a lot of new ground) he hasn't done too badly.

Are there improvements to be made? Yes. Is Bay a perfect Director? No. But all this whinging is pretty pointless, becasue all the signs are that if there is ever gonna be a TF4, Bay will be in the Director's chair once more. Hopefully the final movie we end up with will be fun, exciting and interesting with lots of comedy, action and characters we can root for and boo at. I really don't know what some people are expecting from a live action Transformers movie these days...