Who Have You Parted With out of Love?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by griffn29, Oct 5, 2012.

1. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

It happens to everyone...

Chrome rubs off :( ,

rubber splits :mad ,

pieces snap :eek: , ​

and gold plastic disintegrates :cry .

...It's no secret that transformers toys are fragile creatures, (especially the expensive ones).

So :inquisiti , have you ever given away a toy before it was damaged, just to keep it in pristine condition?​

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    You mean like get rid of them before they become damaged?

*cannot compute*

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I think he's talking about ones that've gotten fucked up over the years from lots of play, and now feel like outcasts amongst our adult collections, and or toys that we don't/didn't play with much because we were afraid for fuck em up.

For me, I rarely played with G2 Slag as a kid because I really didn't wanna wreck him, and nowdays pretty much everything I have looks a little wartorn. With him however, the chrome ware looks pretty realistic & suits the character quite well, so its all good. Actually, I've found that a lot of old school toys embody that, or at least better than modern stuff that gets sent through a shitstorm.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The Energon Scorponok I had before we moved lost its arm JUST before we moved, so it got donated, if that counts.
    The Leader Class '07 Optimus Prime I got at a Garage sale went the same way after the tabs on the hitch started to crack. (I never liked that figure anyway)

This one kind of sort of counts:
    I used to have two G1 Grapples. One of them was cannibalized to repair the other and donate a screw to use on the armature that keeps G1 Inferno's Ladder/Head assembly on (for whatever reason, The previous Owner had taken the screw off that armature).

Many of my Transformers have worn sections of paint, Early onset Cosmic Rust, Broken pieces, Cracked rubber tires, worn Chrome, Chipped paint on Die Cast, Ultraviolet Plastic discoloration, and in the case of Hot Rod, a Melted canopy.
    Do I ever contemplate giving them up out of love? Not really. The way I see it, all these Imperfections are just Battle Scars on Veteran toys. Just an indication of how Long these figures have been around and loved by owner after subsequent owner. I do think about buying Figures in worse condition than the ones I have so that I can use their parts to fix my Transformers, but I like the ones I have too much to get rid of a good figure.

5. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i got Galvatron for christmas in 1987; a few weeks later i was at a friend's house, i had him in gun mode and was running and tripped and Galvy lost his arm. so i came up with a story line that the autobots had ganged up on him, captured him, put him on trial and confined him.

but it didn't last long and he was only more insane and bitter when he got out, refusing repair to his arm. a year later, he thought he'd killed optimus, only to see optimus reborn as a powermaster, with ensuing epic battle. galvy also suffered some cosmic rust to his chrome while i had him on display.

now as an adult i have the anime reissue galvatron and i picked up an intact vintage galvy in a lot off of ebay minus his accessories. galvy's now repaired and saner, although still pissed off.

-

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I have the scruffiest still functional G1 soundwave (without accessories) in the multiverse.

I love him to bits, and dare not open his cassette tray lest it explodes. Couldn't part with him though.

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I sold my ROTF Bruticus, with the Fansproject add-ons rather than keep them in storage for who knows how long. I felt something that Frickin' Awesome had to be seen and shared with others, so I sold it to someone who would display it for all to see and admire....

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"I can't stand seeing this toy's parts break and paints fade..." *sells to person planning on customizing*