Who hates ROTF but still loves the Movieverse in general?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Darthrai, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Darthrai

Darthrai Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of the Bayformerverse - when the first movie came out, I was like "OMG REAL TRANSFORMING ROBOTS! WIN!!!". Plus, the fact that I grew up with Beast Wars helped. Movie Megatron quickly became one of my favorite characters ever, and I couldn't wait for the second movie.

Initially, I loved ROTF because of all the hype, but after about a year, I realized how damn sub-par it is. It has its moments (the battle scenes, plus any moment with Jetfire or Simmons), but other than that, I find it pretty lame. The plot is extremely difficult to discern, Megatron and the other Decepticons weren't nearly as scary as in the first movie, and of course, there were Mudflap, Skids and Wheelie, who didn't fit in (along with the Appliancebots) and were possibly the dorkiest thing ever to happen to Transformers.

Nevertheless, I still love the Movieverse and its general idea of "OMG REAL TRANSFORMING ROBOTS! WIN!!!", and can't wait for the 3rd movie (I have faith that it'll turn out well).

Who else agrees?

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I wish Beast Wars wasn't part of the Transformers universe because aesthetically, it isn't appealing. I grew up with it and G1, but Bayformers completely has re-defined Transformers once again, and permanently I hope, the designs are beautiful.

I don't hate ROTF, I just don't like the fact that the Constructicons hype was led to nothing, and small things like Dev's balls, but no I don't hate it, and yes, looking forward to TF3, but too bad Fox is gone.:thumbdown 

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I realize the movies are terrible but I still like them for what they are. I can shut down my higher brain functions and giggle at the explosions every once in awhile.

I have my hopes EXTREMELY low for the third movie and expect the exact same terrible writing, directing and acting that the first two had. Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised but I'd bet against it.

4. vfnfvne

vfnfvne Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as Moy. I was the perfect age when G1 came out and loooved it. The movies brought all of that back and I do like the designs of the transformers in 'em. ROTF isn't my favorite, but I also don't hate it. I can't wait for TF3 to be filmed in DC (I'm about 15 minutes outside of it in Virginia and totally plan on heading down there to see what I can see). Personally, though, I don't care if Megan isn't in it (being a female, she didn't really do anything for me). I'm not watching it for the humans here, I'm watching to see big effing robots beat the crap out of each other (and what characterization they do with them. Here's to hoping there is more in TF3).

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm with you on all your points. I loved and still love the first movie, and I was gushing all over ROTF when it was out. After watching it numerous times and letting time go by it got stale though, and I saw it for what it was. Nevertheless, I am very excited for the third installment. Given how I still like the first, I know the third can be made to blow me away for real. And given what I've heard of it, it sounds like it will be the best one so far.

I felt the same about ROTF when we were hearing rumors and seeing clips, but I just feel this time it'll be for real.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    "Hate" is a strong word; I was disapointed with it in comparison with the first movie, but I'd never say I hated it.

7. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

same here

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the movieverse is overall great. The first film was excellent, and while the second was not nearly as good, I still found it rather enjoyable. They're both flawed fundamentally, but I'll take them as I would any movie with giant battling robots- 2 and a half hours of good old fun. As long as the movies retain a sense of fun they do the job for me.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I don't know about love for the M-verse, but I am enjoying Nefarious. And many of the toys are outstanding.

10. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

ROTF isn't a bad film, in my opinion. Movieverse is a pretty good continuity. However, 3 will make it or break it for me.

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I don't hate ROTF, but I think it could be much better.

Even so, the Movieverse really expanded on the Transformers franchise as a whole. It gave us a whole new take on the Transformers themselves (speaking as an artist, if I love anything about the Movieverse (especially ROTF), it's the designs - I do not hate any of the designs whatsoever); the on-screen characters (and some of their toys) have what I've always wanted my Transformers to have: COMPLEX TRANSFORMATIONS. I've always had a fascination with machines with lots of moving parts - steam locomotives, helicopters, construction vehicles (take a guess to who my favorite Combiner is! :p ), etc. The more intricate the transformation (more moving parts), the more I'll like it.