Who has Ultimate Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TENIME_art, Nov 10, 2007.

1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    How do you like him?

What are the Cons (pun!) to him?

I don't even have Leader Brawl yet (which I must get), but lately, I've been considering Ult.BB...obviously, the price scares me the most, and I could care less about the lights and sounds. How fun is he to TF? Is he as cool in robot mode as the Deluxe figure?

2. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I like him..........BUT I left him in the box as I did the rest of the movie figures.

3. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    A couple of notes about him.

He's a pain to transform, very fiddly and it often feels like you're going to break something.

Articulation is limited due to electronics and the sheer weight of the figure.

It's very har do position the wheels so that they neither obstruct the "wings" or arms.

Electronics are pretty neat, but they get old pretty fast, hearing short clips of Whip it over and over.

He's not worth the money IMO. I'm glad I won mine. If it had been my money I'd been VERY dissapointed.

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    When he gets available to $50 he's a nice toy.. but else just a waste of money. You're better of with Leader class Brawl.

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Thanks, guys (keep the comments coming!).

I'm getting Brawl regardless (and more than likely soon). I'll probably wait to see if this goes on clearance before dropping $80 on something I'm not sure about.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I like him. But, I think Leader Brawl is a better value and I think Deluxe 08 BB is the best movie BB available. I like the giant alt mode of Ultimate and my kids like the electronics. Like someone said, $50 would be more resonable.

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If you do get him, get the one with Deluxe Brawl and Scorponok as pack-ins. Even if you have them, more kitbash fodder and whatnot

8. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have em, but I'm disappointed in him..too much kibble, and he always seems like is going to fall over...the electronics are kinda centered in the back so when you have him standing, you have to adjust the leg just right. Overall, $80 is too much for this figure....makes me long for 1987..where you could get a Fort Max for almost the same price...and a much better toy. :D 

9. nic28

nic28 warrior

i have one and i gave 65 for mine like everyone else says he's kind of pain in the a** to transform but still is a neat figure to have for your collection. i love the lights and sounds

10. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

My son got one for his birthday from gramps (thank god, because I was NOT going to plunk down 70 bucks on it after all the negatives I've read about him)

All the input previously posted is right on. If he drops to like 49.99 or something he would be easier to consider purchasing...but 70-80 dollars for him is just NOT worth it IMO.

11. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Question: Would it be easy or at least possible to remove the electronics? And if removed would it lend more posability to the figure? I'd also like to find a way to give him a second hand. I've been waiting for clearance prices to get this guy but I'm still afraid he's going to end up being a big waste of space.

12. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I got him for $20, so I think he's worth it. But if his chest and weaponry was more accurate, I would really love him.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Wait till Target has him for 5 dollars.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I herd Target has him on sale for $55.00 I'm getting him only like that not even at Costco.