Who has the bigger army?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I was looking at my newly aquired Classics figures, and I like the set up, Autobots are mostly cars again, and Decepticons instruments of warfare/jets, then I started thinking, so far there are 3 autobots and 3 decepticons each, but upcoming Mirage, Grimlock, and Jetfire would certainly offset that balance with only Skywarp in line for the decepticons. Also look in the past line of toys, there always had been more Autobots, so I ask those who are more knowlegable than I, who has the bigger army? Autobots or the Decepticons?

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Action figures only, the Bots over the years by about 3 to 2. If talking cartoons, I'd give it to the Cons, when you consider the bad guy hordes: Purple Jets, Insecticons, Sweeps (G1) Seacons, Firecons, (Headmasters), Terrorcons (Energon/Cybertron), Vehicons in BM, etc.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The autobots have more characters, the decepticons have more nameless drones. As far as Classics goes, the autobots will have more. Even with Ramjet and Skywarp factored in, they're still down by a good couple figures. Unless they go ape and do a seeker 3-pack or something like that.... or unless you count the 5 for Devastator, that'll even it up a bit.

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, so far we have the following for Autobots in classics:

Optimus Prime
    Rodimus
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Mirage
    Grimlock
    Ultra Magnus
    Jetfire

And we have these Decepticons:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Astrotrain
    Ramjet
    Skywarp

And you might count the five Constructicons. Not everyone will. That gives us 8 Autobots, and five, possibly ten, Decepticons. That we KNOW of.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

You could always bolster the ranks with that Prime/Megatron two-pack when it's released as well, but they're just alternatives to the Voyager Prime or Megatron, so that doesn't affect numbers unless you try to make them different characters.

And that still gives Autobots an advantage, aside from Devastator.

6. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I say there a good chance of seeing Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge seekers down the way at lease I hope we do. These are repaint i dont mind buying, cause it repaints done right, unlike Ultra Magnus.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I always hated the Drone army thing. The cons had the best characters, the drones always seems like cop-outs...

8. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I'd be utterly shocked if a Thundercracker redeco doesn't appear before the movie, and woould say you almost can count on Dirge too. Thrust i'm less optimistic about, if only because I'd selfishly rather he had his unique wings (Ramjet and Dirge are close enough i could forgive a straight up redeco, really all you're losing are Dirge's Canard wings)... maybe if they do another post-movie wave we could get a Thrust remold :p