Who has the better Packaging? TF source or BBTS??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LifePincher, Dec 29, 2008.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

When odering something that is C9+ from BBTS or Something MINT from TF Source, who has the better packaging? Or are they about the same?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never bought from TFS, but my Encore Ratchet came in a box that was extremely well packed- enough bubble wrap to keep my OCD habit busy for a couple days.
    was impressed and happy.

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    BBTS ships a hell of alot quicker than TFSOURCE...but by all means TFSOURCE kicks the world's ass when it comes to securely and safely packaging your item...so it depends on what depends more...speed or quality of the packaging....

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The thing to remember is TFSource is a shop catering to MISB collectors, so they go crazy to make sure it gets there as minty as possible. The layer of plastic they put over the box to keep rain or accidental moisture out is the touch that always impresses me.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I've never bought a single thing from TFS, but from past experiences in dealing with BBTS...they're very much into people pleasing, so I'm gonna say they're either running neck and neck, or BBTS is winning by a nose.

BBTS will bend over backward to please you. Even if it was a $5.00 item.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I too have never dealt with TFS.BBTS is the first and only site I bought TFs from...besides a few board members.I highly recommend BBTS.

7. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tfsource by far has the best packaging.

8. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I buy all my MISB stuff from TFSource. Their packing is the best. Every single order has arrived in MINT condition.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never had much dealings with TFSource but I have done alot with BBTS. BBTS is good, but from what little I have dealt with TFS, they are better at packing. I think I got MP Megatron from them and maybe a WST Dino off of eBay.

10. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    Couldn't comment on BBTS, but have nothing but praise for TFSource in my dealings with them. Quick international delivery and very well packed.

11. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

LoL love all the "Never used TFSource, BBTS is better" comments.

Never had a problem with BBTS's packaging, they do a solid job. But TFS destroys everyone. I have MP Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Ultra Magnus sitting on my desk right now still in that great plastic wrap. The styrofoam shell they ship in and boxes they use are perfectly sized to stop any movement.

12. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I just recently ordered an MP-02 Magnus from TFSource and got sub grade supposed to be at least C-8-C-9 packaging.It was packaged okay but the box was pretty screwed.The box had a tear in it and all the plastic buble on the inside was cracked and smashed,split ect.Could of been Takara or TFSource.Shipping was pretty fast other then the 4 day paypal processing waiting period they do.I was not really happy but was not really unhappy either at least the toy was not messed up and that is what I cared about.

BBTS on the other hand ship out a bit faster and package well.Infact I just ordered an MP-07 from them and pre-ordered the MP-08 don't mind paying a few extra bucks when I know it will arive very nice and you get to choose your shipping type instead of TFSource choosing for you.So all in all it evens out with these guys and they are always willing to fix any problems and they reply to you fast.It takes Curt sometimes 3-4 days.

Plus TFSource was shipping out K/O Encore Metroplexes as original not even realizing it.So I'd go with BBTS

13. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    TF Source packaging is insanely protective. If you're a MISB collector (which I'm not), you can't do better.

BBTS also does a solid job, just not quite as thorough in protection, but still good.

So, I'd say TF Source by a nose. Both stores are awesome, however.

My two pennies.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both are awesome. You can't fail when buying with these two. BBTS however takes the cake when it comes to customer service.