Who has a higher rank in the Decepticons Soundwave, Starscream or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thepower911, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Since they all are gonna be in Transformers 3 and there all considered 2nd in Command!!??! I really hope they don't fight each other >.< .

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    From what i can tell this is what we've seen and heard

Starscream is Megatron's second in command

Soundwave is the communications officer, doesn't have much contact with Megatron but more with field operatives

Shockwave- Main Villain of Tf3........

I'm going on a limb and say Shockwave.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Shockwave.

4. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Judging by what we see in the movies, Starscream is always with Megatron, Soundwave is fulfilling a spy/communications role, and Shockwave is not in the picture yet.

I would say Starscream, but I don't think we really know enough about Movie-Shockwave yet.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I'm bettin' Megatron just teeells Starscream he's second in command, since he's never far from Megatron and he's powerful anyway. In reality, Shockwave and Soundwave are the highest ranking under Megatron. Both are highly intelligent and utterly loyal to Megatron.

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Cartoon movie: starscream...
    Live movie: I would say ss, but he never really led....
    Tf3...?

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't think the 'Cons had such things as rankings besides Megs as supreme leader. I would think everyone else would be equally subservient. Everyone just does what Megatron orders either himself of by proxy or fear suffering his wrath. Any inter-Decepticon dispute is settled by Might Makes Right.

8. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

good question, i remember that on the tv show Shockwave was left in command on Cybertron....seems to me he's of very high rank, perhaps the true 2nd in command.

Starscream also appears to be a Lieutenant and possibly because he leads the flying decepticons, whether they are considered Seekers or not is a debateable topic on these boards.

Soundwave is as many stated, Communications and Espionage and commands the "tapes" or other Espionage operatives...perhaps Frenzy from the 1st movie?

so Megatron = Supreme Commander
    Starscream = Lieutenant, Commander of the (Seekers)/ Aerospace Superiority
    Soundwave = Lieutenant, Commander of the Espionage and Intelligence/ Black Ops
    Shockwave = ???????? I have no idea what his Alt form will be for the movie and if he will be subservient to Megatron, open rival etc.

I am intrigued to say the least

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Shockwave is second in command and Starscream and Soundwave are both Lieutenants in their own area. (SS = air, SW = communications)

For the movieverse? IDK, it's not very apparent.

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Starscream is Megatron's second in command, but if Shockwave is the commander of Cybertron (while Megatron is gone), I have a feeling that he might have a higher ranking than Starscream.

11. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In G1, Shockwave was left in command of Cybertron because Megatron willed it. I don't think Decepticons have any hierarchy or chain of command. Look at TFTM86 when Megatron "died", there was no formal transfer of power. Everybody just duked it out in Astrotrain's belly until Starscream was the last man standing. And when he died, it's not like his "2nd in command" got promoted. The new Decepticon leader was the guy who just turned the old new Decepticon leader into a smoldering pile of ash. I think that's just how it works, The only thing that keeps the other Decepticons from killing each other is that when you follow Megatron, the only one allowed to kill you is Megatron.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I think they're all equal, with there being no true 2nd. Shockwave was military commander. Soundwave was communications commander, and Starscream was air commander.

In the movieverse tho, I would say the fiction has Starscream as 2nd... He says he took command when Megs was 'dead', he was in command before Megs was thawed, and if you count the prequel novel as cannon, he fought and won the battle to be in command.

13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I think of Starscream is second-in-command, but maybe more as a figure head than anything. He's passed off as being in control next to Megatron, as some kind of red herring. Because I figure Megatron definately trusts Soundwave and Shockwave more--to the point that they're the ones who are really in charge if something were to happen to him. It's just that their roles are more discreet and more subtle, so that there's some kind of ace in the hole when all the cards are down; let the Autobots go after a fake plot while the real plans are still in motion. Or something like that.

14. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Soundwave and Shockwave #3 only because they don't want to battle each other for 1st or 2nd. They are also letting StarScream take the abuse of being in 2nd place.
    If Megs was really gone, things would change.

15. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

In G1, Shockwave was definitely "second" in command. With the Decepticons, it pretty much goes by whomever has a plan and the power to execute it. Shockwave was the man. Honestly, though the Decepticon movement was Megatron's idea, I'd say Shockwave was the better leader.

In the movieverse...I have no idea. If Shockwave is the villian, but the rest of the decepticons aren't dead....will he take power from Megs? Will he be fighting BOTH factions? I just have no clue what they're planning. I hope they do a story very similar to what happened when Shockwave was introduced in the G1 comic. Sam already has the Allspark in his head, so it's pretty much set up for that. I hope they don't have the majority of the autobots in stasis for most of the film like in that story though. And dammit. DINOBOTS.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    In G1.. nope. He took orders from Starscream on Cybertron. IN the comics... Him and Starscream had their runs as the all powerful Decepticon. Judging by the cartoon tho... Naw. He was in command of some back up troops on Cybertron, AWAY from the actual war. Not to mention he didn't even show up to stop or challenge Starscream's leadership before Galvatron blasted Screamer to bits.

Other than the G1 comics, I can't think of anytime Shockwave has really been anything other than a high ranking Con, but he's never been shown to be second fiddle.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Shockwave. He gets left behind guarding the home planet while everyone else goes with Megs. Pretty big responsibility.

18. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Except for the few thousand years when Megs was frozen, and the breif 2 years when he was dead you're right, he never led.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    In the Cartoon Shockwave took orders (reluctantly) from Starscream but still saw him as an inferior and did try to kill him.

Starscream is basically the commander of the Air Decepticons and might have command over say the Combaticons too.

But there does not seem to be a land operations commander as such.

In Comic terms Shockwave outranks Starscream though.

20. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

In the comics (my preferred 'canon') all of them have at some time or another assumed leadership of the Decepticons. Soundwave has also acted as 'second in command' to both Megatron AND Shockwave - at one stage simultaneously! I always found Soundwaves machinations far more interesting than the pantomime histrionics of Starscream. I'm rather glad that the latter appeared relatively little in the G1 comic books.