Who had the worst happy ending override? (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Who had the worst happy ending override? (spoiler)

1. TLJ Luke Skywalker

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. AOE Optimus Prime

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Logan.
    Bring back all the dead characters to life in DOFP only to kill them off again? Save the mutants from extinction just to kill them off again? F*ck that.

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Shit, I forgot about Logan.

Of course, the Logan films aren't really part of the main FoX-Men films, James Mangold had wanted to make his films as standalone as possible.

The DOFP reboot really only matters in that it enabled Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix to occur.

3. Silvia

Silvia Well-Known Member

none

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I saw the title of this thread, I instantly thought of Sam.
    Spent all of part 2 solidifying his relationship with Mikaela. It’s all true love by the end. Then oops! Part 3 comes along & they’ve split & he’s hitting on new girls asap. Like seriously- how much time had passed between he & Mikaela splitting up & him getting a Medal of Honor from the president? A month or two? Maybe? So much for all that true love stuff.
    Then part 3 chronicles how boring & unfulfilling his life has become without the TFs, despite hooking up with another supermodel. It does finally work out, but only after he has the big revelation that he’s just not that important (is that what DOTM was trying to say? Cuz I thought he was fairly important to everything going on).
    Then TLK comes along and is like, “oh he’s dead. It happened offscreen somewhere. We don’t know.”

Just seems like his happy ending was dumped on & thrown away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Isn’t that strictly speaking the combined fault of Megan Fox and Steven Spielberg? They worked with what they had which honestly was sod all anyway.