who else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Flyby33, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok I want to start out by saying I am by no stretch of the imagination a completionist of anyone line. What i'm curious about is: how many of you buy the figures you want and leave the ones you swear you wont buy. Only to go back and buy one you said is a pos and passed on just because you bought everything you wanted and there was a need to fill the I gotta buy one sensation.? I find myself doing that quite alot. Reasons why I have a figure like tuner skids and backstop. Juust had to buy something.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I did that with the RTS G2 Optimus Prime. I didn't like the look of it too much, so when I saw him in Target, I passed on him. Grabbed Wreck-Gar and went on my happy way.

...however, once I passed on him - it started nagging at me. And the more I tried to convince myself I didn't want it - the more I wanted it! So....on the way out of the store, we went past the toy section and I dispatched my daughter to grab a G2 Prime off the pegs and drop in the cart. All while her mother rolled her eyes at my plastic crack addiction..

3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do that from time to time, especially with movies and Animated lines were I like most of the onscreen stuff.

When the line starts, I buy the things I really like first, then, when I realize I'm only missing two or three figures to complete the whole cast, I always end up buying those few figures I didn't really wanted...

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I got into doing that on the basis that sometimes you skip something only for it to never be seen again.

I'm cutting back now. I've seen how quick a figure can become pointless and forgotten. I dunno what possessed me to buy something like Movie Overcast. It wasn't a great mold in the first place. And it's not a great repaint In the end I never got around to opening it.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yep, but it's not limited to the brick and mortar purchases for me. I'll preorder an entire wave because I'lll get into the "It's only a few dollars more for the extra figure..." frame of mind. Sometimes, though, depending on the popularity of the figures in a wave it actually is cheaper to order the whole thing...

6. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    bought a couple like that that generally end in storage, I'm something of a completionist of lines, missing one or two beast wars characters, same with beast machines, have probably all of the armada and movie lines and nearly all of Animated and ,a good lot of classics that I caught the bug for when initially saying no way in hell would I collect those. I like completing lines of certain figures. Sometimes though it is hard to stoip and so long without a purchase makes me buy regretable things, rotf chromia for example.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Oh this is far to common for me. Partly because of how i prefer to collect. I always go for the stuff i really like first. Some of those figures i pass on end up really impressing me. Best example for me is animated. I really did not collect animated till after movie 1 stuff was starting to be clearanced because i thought they looked cartoony. The past 2 years i have snatched up animated i have seen at stores on clearance every time because i have not bought a bad toy from animated.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I do it all the time. I'll probably buy a Thunderwing at TRU for $8 this weekend... maybe a WFC CJ too. I don't really care if I own those two, but they're $8, and I own every Generations and RTS that have been released that I want. What am I supposed to do... wait for DoTM Ultimate Prime? I need to waste my $ on something before that's out.

9. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here just happened with the wheeljack wave at bbts. I wanted wheeljack, kup, and scourge but I got the whole wave. I see Thundercracker as a bonus :D  since I didnt really want him.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup, hence why i'm trying to find an acid storm

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Not too common for me at all. Once in a great while I will stray outside of my original intentions but its not just because I have the need to get something. With that said, the temptation is there and I can see how and why someone would do it.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

It happens alot it's some kind of syndrome I'm sure it has a scientific name.

Especially if my gf and I got on a trip to another area to go to a restuaraunt or the Target that she likes to go to from time to time.

I feel bad for going to the stores I don't normally going to if I'm not going to buy anything.

It's kind of like a lost cause if I don't pick up something.

Last time I was out I bought 2 DC Action League sets of Green Latern and Sinestro, if I hadn't I could have got one RTS that I saw at Target.

13. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not happening now. Reveal the shield is pumping out nothing but toys I really want. I try to not buy alot of transformers in general. But during dry spells....oh man...I've bought so pretty worthless toys because I just need to get my hands on a new TF figure.

14. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nah, I plan my purchases way ahead of time. With international shipping and custum fees I can't really afford to buy stuff on a whim.