Who else.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Red Dragon, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

....would like to see a War Within cartoon and toyline?

I just recently picked up 6" Titanium Optimus and after transforming him once I started thinking, after they are done with the movie and movie line they should do a War Within cartoon and toyline. Make it a prequel to G1, but I just want to see a War Within toyline. If they can do this with a 6" WW Optimus, imagine a leader class size. My thought on the toyline though is no gimmicks, no combining with his trailer (it's been done to death), just back to basics.

What do you guys think?

I'm sorry if this has been posted many times before, I hardly come into the GD forum.

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the Titanium line is giving us a few figures from War Within....but I don't think that the WW really has that much potential as a selling point for kids...I could be wrong, but well, I don't know if it'd be created sucessfully for a cartoon. It'd make a nice one, like BW and BM - darker and mature, but not as appealing to kids most likely.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't mind seeing it done as a filler line, like Classics is being done. Hasbro could do Mega-sized Optimus and Megatron, then the rest in Deluxes, perhaps with Starscream being a Mega and a remold of his Galaxy Force version.

As a full blown line, no. Too narrow in focus, not mainstream enough, unless the plot were drastically altered to something more kid friendly. War Within is all about a massive war on Cybertron, and the rise of a data entry technician into the greatest leader of all time.

Eh, guess it'd make a good straight to DVD animated movie or something.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love it....

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love it too but I think hasbro has quite abit of TFs projects on its hands. Eg. G1 classics and the movie. Out of TF lines that are coming out, I hope the G1 classic lines is the most successful. I'm pretty satisfied if the WWI characters continue appearing in Titianium.

Just last week, the local station in my country was replaying MTMTE and suprisingly, the animation still looks decent by today's standards.

6. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think that ultimately, Hasbro would NOT like to see it. There are no oppertunities for human children to explain how the gimmick features work when the whole show is based on Cybertron.

7. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I like War Within the way it is honestly. the comic series was great, and if they can make a few collectors grade toys to go with it, thats more than I can ask.

Making a cartoon series would RUIN it unless they went like Marvel's Ultimate Avengers and did a straight panel-for-panel remake of the comics.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have to echo everyone's sentiments that it would be great, but I don't think Hasbro would want to do it. It's too narrow a focus and, unless they altered the storyline, there would be no way to introduce the "ever important" human eliment to talk down to little children like they're idiots. I think it'd make a great direct to DVD release similar to what Marvel is doing with some of their stuff (Ultimate Avengers I & II and the upcoming Dr. Strange and Iron Man releases).

All in all, I'd rather see it as a filler line if anything, but damned something better than the Titaniums please...

9. helix

helix Well-Known Member

it'd be good but if they were keeping it offical they couldnt really change much and you'd know what happens at the end. they also couldnt really kill off any characters.

its a good concept though and i enjoyed the comics.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    itd be funny if the series would be abt how these guy would fall apart and they would be on a quest to purge themselves from die cast content. haha. i made a funny.

11. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Kids aren't dumb - they can tell when something has a crappy storyline, as long as they have some basis for comparison. It's why I liked the Voltron robot but never was a huge fan of the show as a kid. I had seen enough to know the difference. I always liked the shows with real stories best.

However, dumbed down stories are a lot easier to produce, so there you go. In response, I would present to you Pixar movies like The Incredibles or on the action front, the kids that were fanatical about DBZ and Gundam Wing when they were showing on Cartoon Network. While not Shakespeare, they were a significant cut above any US created action show. Unfortunately, for both of those shows they failed to capitalize on their success in a timely or effective fashion with the toys.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Counterpoint - humans could have been exploring in space and somehow ended up crashlanded on Cybertron. Now, why there were kids there is another question entirely...

I'll concede that yeah, kids aren't dumb, but a TV show needs a certain amount of simplicity to work. Overplot in a kids show is a good way to lose them. Unless the overarching plot is kept relatively straightforward, when they inevitably miss an episode they'll not bother tuning in again since they can't understand what's going on. They'll be lost. Tricky one, that. It's a balance that's all but impossible to strike one way or the other.

13. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

if there was one, i would only get a Fallen figure

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think a straight to DVD release would be a great idea for a cartoon (like Ultimate Avengers). This way, you could in theory gauge interest in a full blown series/toy-line/etc.

I think what they are doing with the WW characters in the Titanium series is a great idea. I have yet to see the quality (or lack there-of) for myself. I personally do not think it could support it's own toyline, but I would love to see it.

15. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Oddly enough, I just made a similar suggestion in another thread about homages. So, yeah, I'm for it.