Who else works long ass hours days on end?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, Mar 18, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

On day 6 of a 7 day stint.

So 72 hours for this week alone, getting burnt out.

It's just me and anywhere from 60-120 trucks a day.

I load all the hyrogen and o2, n2, Ar, when the shop needs me to and calibrate the analyzers and change out cylinders and fix all the small shit that goes wrong.

Usaully not so bad, but we are stupid short handed this week and its basically been me on nites and the other guys on days all week.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Work? What's that?

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    It's what the man generally does while you're doing what you do best in the kitchen.

Also, I remember working long ass hours/days too, but at this point I'd gladly take that again over being broke as fuck, even in terms of having to work with people who'd do nothing but dick around while the rest of us slave our asses off.

4. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Meh, I've worked 10 days of 12 hour shifts in a row. Yep it sucked, but the pay was nice.

5. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Starting a shutdown at a coal-fired electrical generating plant tomorrow night. Its going to be 3 full weeks of 10 hour nightshifts straight through. It would be 5 weeks but I am going to Disneyland on April 6 for two weeks. Im talking about literally moving as fast as you absolutely can building and dismantling scaffold inside a ten storey tall boiler in 30+ degree celcius tempratures. I am not looking forward to it but I will clear about $10,000 in those three weeks, aside from my car I will come out of it debt free!

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to not mind working til late. Until i had kids then im all eff this shit ima go Homw n play with my babbys *rolls child on floor making vroom vroom sounds*

7. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I work for the government so I don't have that problem. :p 

Chuck

8. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

My heart goes out to you bro! I worked an electrical shutdown/changeover at a hospital one time that ran 27 hrs. straight! The hardest part was waiting between steps, which into those kind of hours you don't want to lose your momentum. The show had to go on considering life support for patients was involved. Anyway be safe and stay hydrated!

9. spikex

Thanks for the empathy my brother! Wow, 27hrs? That would be insane! Luckily Alberta's OHS law prevent us from working more than 16 hrs in a 24 hr period so I will at least get some sleep. Is going to be a tough go but it will put us a little ahead in our investment strategy. I am looking at financial independance in a little over a year, so before long my tools and harness are getting framed under glass with a plaque that reads "In case of poverty, break glass."

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This is man talk, sweetheart. Beat it.

11. spikex

If I was drinking something, my computer would be wearing it right now!

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awwww heeeelllllllllll no!!!

(and just becasue I know someone will say something rude to this, I am being sarcastic here....a little...because I'm a female....and I'm the breadwinner in my house beeyotch!! HA HA)

13. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Lulzy. :lol 

14. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    This thread has brought me lulz through sexism :lol  Brilliant!

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

... Way to give me some retrospect. I'm bitching for being worn out from 21 hours...

16. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

For fourty weeks every year I work from 8:30 to 3:30 and have to devote countless more hours to work from my job. School's a bitch, bring on 12 hour shifts.

17. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roughly 11 years ago (ok a little less than 11) I worked roughly 16 hours a day, give or take a few. At times, I worked weekends too for about 14. This wasn't a consistent thing though. It was just due to current circumstances at the time. I sure don't miss those days.

18. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I have my own little shop so I work 7 days. So far I only took off on Christmas day to be with my family. I usually have me brother work the cash box so I can spend most of the day painting. Once the shop closes I stay in back painting till about 10 pm, then I'll usually bring whatever I'm working on home and paint till about 2 or 3 in the morning. I work non-stop. If I'm awake I'm working on my craft. It's 3:37 am and I'm just taking a little break to let my canvas dry a bit. I'm not complaining though, I enjoy what I'm doing and I do get to go out often.

19. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I've been working 12 hr days on night shift for nearly 7 years now. I work 7 days on/7 days off. The problem is that the 7 days off really isn't 7 days. Coming off of night shift takes a full day to recover, and I spend the day I go back to work trying to rest so I can make it through my first night, so it's more like 7 days on/5 days off/2 days transition.

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

For ALL those guys on here that work LONG hourse I have TOTAL respect for you guys. I know your legs and back and every part of your body hurts. So believe me I have nothing but respect cause I know I couldnt do it and I will be the first to admit it.