who else was disappointed with universe tankor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by luke4, Jul 18, 2008.

1. luke4

luke4 crocon

i bought universe tankor and i was pretty pissed after playing with him for a bit. the weapon thing that makes the bottom of the planes is just retarded like y cant the just make it transform with the rest of the toy. y does he hav props if the oringle toy has jet engines isnt that a down grade in technology? and y would u want to make the quad cannon?! what transformer has a QUAD CANNON??!!! its retarded. his oil truck mode doesnt really look like an oil truck to me. it looks like a millitary transport vehicle to me. and hes so small! in robot mode hes up to the waist of anitmated lock down.....

who feels the same way..?

2. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

lol

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Tankor is a very good triplechanger or do you not remember g1.:lol 

It ain't easy to pull off realistic modes in a toy,look at classics astrotrain for the example of crappy alt modes.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it's a toy, it's not supposed to be realistic lol! what transformer has a quad cannon? TANKOR! lol of course :tongue: 

5. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

You're kidding right? he's pretty fantastic. Octane is the only G1 Triple Changer I own and this new version of him is way better.

All 3 modes look decent to me, as opposed to Astrotrain who only looks good in Robot and Shuttle mode to me. (I am iffy on his dildo, er train mode.)

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Compaird to the G1 generation this guy is Golden.

7. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Yep, Tankor is pretty sweet as far as triple changers go...well worth the $$ IMO

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

9. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, I am very happy with it. for a triple changer the modes look good.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm extremely disappointed with Tankor.

I thought he would SUCK but he's too good!

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hey i'm just happy we got all three con triple changers, with them each still being triple changers, UNLIKE what happened to the autobot ones lol!

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's quite the opposite here. I think Tankor's tanker mode is an absolute joke, but the 'bot mode and jet mode more than make up for it. Astrotrain is a train. He looks like a train. I actually think the use of a bullet train as opposed to a locomotive of today was a great idea. All three of his modes are winners to me. (even if the robot could use some thigh swivels)

As far as being deluxes go, the triplechangers turned out decent. Still wish they were both Voyagers but that's just me liking Voyager sized 'cons. But yeah, Tankor, FTW.

I hardly think the "dildo" comment was nessesary. In fact I find it quite rude.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Simple. G1 Octane was a civilian cargo jet and a civilian fuel tanker. Universe/Calssics Tankor is a military heavy lift aircraft, like a C-130 Hercules (which is prop driven), and a US military HEMTT. Now if you don't like his comb-leth and quad-cannon look. Ditch the comb-leth and have him use the guns in each hand.

14. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Why have a quad cannon? So he can dish out 4 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF DEATH than a regular cannon!

Duh.

I don't actually own NotOctane, er Tankor, but he looks cool. Now if we could only get a Deluxe Sandstorm to go with him...

Oh, and GW Freak? Kickass sig, there. I am so doing that when I get BA and Oil Slick.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :lol  QFT.

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For Octane's Truck mode I think they were going for something like this:
    [​IMG]

Although the HEMTT is a good choice as well:
    [​IMG]

I do have to agree with the skid plate though. I would be nice to be able to put it on the back in bot mode.

Overall I really like him. He's got a fun transformation and all three modes work well.

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite figure of the line so far, and his melee blade makes a pretty decent comb lol.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I am extremely disappointed in Octane.

The bastard is impossible to find! :mad  I've been to two Wal-Marts that both had multiples of Prowl and Sunstreaker (four of each at one), but not a single Octane between them. Of the three wave 1 deluxes, this is the one I've been wanting the most, but I still can't find him.

Very disappointing. :( 

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand why some are so hard on Tankor. It is not easy making a triple changer, no matter what size they are because you are always going to have bits of kibble from the other mode. it's inevitable.

Now with Tankor turning into a plane that has propellors is not necessarily a "downgrade" in technology. There are still a few modern turbo-prop planes out there that are still in use. Even big ones like Tankor is supposed to be. It would have been nice if he had jet engines though, as that would alleviate the problem with having his props drag on the floor between his wheels.

His weapons are decent, IMO. His giant unfolding thing of doom is kind of quirky. I would rather have preferred to see that part be used for a better transformation somehow, but otherwise, I can live with it.

At least he doesn't have giant tank treads staring at you like Animated Blitzwing does, and his alt modes are not as bad as Classics Astrotrain's bullet train mode. :)  It's an improvement, I think. Tankor's just got the usual triple changer symptoms. :) 

20. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    You don't like the comb or quad laser? ok... so take off his wings, put the lasers there for a jet pack, fold up the comb and attach it to his arm, put one wing in his hand as a sword and put the other one inside the shield. TA DA!!!

[​IMG]

edit: actually the guns don't stay in the wing holes very well. Just peg them to his legs and point them down as rocket thrusters.