Who else wants realistic transforming guns?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 29, 2012.

1. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

with modern transformations, ratchets, joints etc of course.

It would look very nice on display.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Oh, yes, because I totally want to make unintentional trouble with the cops every time I try to do anything with it!

It's a nice idea, but horribly outdated. Plus, outside of Megatron and Shockwave, the market for gun-formers isn't there (Browning maybe, but certainly not Magnum).

Shockwave as a laser gun I can support, but nothing realistic.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guns for alternate modes aren't totally my thing.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    As a gun owner, the LAST thing I want is to give the impression that guns are toys. There's a lot of stigma behind them that's not undeserved, and I think that having realistic looking guns as mere toys is something that damages the perceptions of guns even further.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think guns are rather silly. I like Target Masters but they are only good when paired with a larger Transformer.

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I don't think the average sized guns are large enough to have that much detail.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This isn't to say anything one way or another, but I have real firearms in my home, so the thought of toys that mimic real guns doesn't have the same appeal to me as when I was younger and the thought of owning a gun was "Pew pew kewl!".

Overall, I appreciate it on something like Hegemon which is an homage to a transformer that had the alt. mode, but I think owning toys that turn into guns just for the sake of it is pretty ridiculous.

People of age who are interested in owning firearms should just get a FOID card, and learn about appropriate use and responsibility, IMO. I don't personally like the thought of adults (or even kids) promoting realistic guns as toys just for the sake of it.

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to want one, and now I have it (hegemon)
    The only other gun-transformers I'd want are MP Shockwave and MMC Sixshot

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

In general I think guns are awful alt modes and ones that could pass for the real thing worry me on all kinds of levels. So no, only one I would even think of buying would be a shockwave and even then I think I'd be happier with some tech tank of spaceship.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    All well and good if you live in the USA. There are countries where ppl don't feel the need/need to own firearms at all and may go through their entire life never actually seeing one. Having a toy that looks like a gun there is a totally different proposition.

11. seali_me

Wow.

Wasn't there more of those gun transformers? Other than the Megatrons of course.

[​IMG]

Can someone name these?

Thank you.

Yup, this is the closest thing I can get to owning a gun. Without mentioning what I've seen in real life, I won't ever own a real one. If I am to own a transformer with a gun alt mode, I'd go for one with realistic looking alt mode just like my own preference in any other TF.

This made me look at your location for the first time. No wonder. lol

I'm also guessing those who "say" are against this won't buy one nor promote hegemon on tfw2005 or youtube. Being consistent is more fun people.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ummmm... it has nothing to do with what country someone lives in. I never saw a firearm in my life until I made the decision to join the military. If you are an adult who has a general interests in guns (Which is why you'd want a toy that transforms into one without being an homage to a character, right?), why not buy a gun instead of buying a toy that emulates one?

13. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah firearms aren't very widespread here in Norway either. In all my 32 years I've personally only heard of one person who's owned a weapon that wasn't part of the military service. Members of the norwegian national guard can have their service rifle, but it will be missing a part, making it useless.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Nah. You want a realistic gun TF? Get G1 Megatron.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    After Megatron, who is a gun. I personally can live without. Unless FP makes it, turns out I can not pass on a FP item. lol OH and MP MEgs V2..that is so bought.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Lol it totally matters man. You can't buy anything like that in the UK. At least I've never seen anywhere.....ever. Which is why a toy of an item no-one carries/uses here is a totally different proposition. There will be tonnes of countries similar.

For me tho it's the character who co-incidentally turns into a gun. Guns as a whole don't interest me but the point still stands.

17. seali_me

Those pre TF guns where megatron came from looks very nice.

I just love transforming toys with realistic looking alt modes. it doesn't matter which one.

18. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    At the bottom are Choro-Q Megatrons and Browning, the two Magnums are Magnums (long barrel is Micro Change, short barrel is GiG), and everything else is Megatron (MP in the back, United, Classics, Henkei going across, and I highly doubt anyone is good enough to figure out which of the original molds are which).

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Just because something isnt common, that doesnt equate to being illegal or unavailable for purchase. And, even here in the states, its no where near common to see someone outside of law enforcement carry a firearm, so realistically you can live here and not know if 5% or 99% of the people in your town own firearms.

So no, theres not as much of a difference as you're making it out to be in terms of obtaining. Here

For toys, once again, imo if it's a character that turns into a gun on tv or in comic... cool. Gun toys just for the sake of it... especially if its neant to extremely mimic a real one, i just don't understand the want to fulfill that desire with a toy rather than just getting a real ine. If i really want a new car, ill save for it instead if wishing i had a 1:1 scale model of it.

Thats just me though, and i understand people come from different viewpoints.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  20. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes! I love gunformers!