Who else thinks Transformers 2 isn't that bad? PEARL HARBOR IS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Hello, Megatron here.

I know a lot of people hate ROTF, but I know there are actually people who like that film. I like ALL the films, INCLUDING ROTF! The film Bay made I believe deserves the hate for REAL,

PEARL HARBOR!
    PEARL HARBOR ATTACK SCENE (unedited) - YouTube

God that film sucked. Here's the reasons.

Pearl Harbor was SO boring. The only exciting part in the film was when the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.

TF2 has TONS of cool action.

But, even then, one can't get over the distastefulness of turning one of the worst tragedies in America's history into Popcorn entertainment.

TF2 does NOT have that feeling.

Pearl Harbor is more offensive than TF2 because it is historically inaccurate to the real life events.

So, anyone else agree Pearl Harbor is worse than TF2?

2. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pearl harbor is cool its one of those movies you have to want to watch to be able to get through it but it has a lot of movie mistakes a number of scenes have obvious green screens etc . On a side note I never really thought TF2 was as bad as everyone claimed I just think some TF fans are pathetic and cant accept bays vision of their "previous" toys .

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well, this is a puzzling thread.

4. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Another thing on historical inaccuracies, according to Wikipedia:

Many Pearl Harbor survivors dismissed the film as grossly inaccurate and pure Hollywood. Historian Lawrence Suid's review is particularly detailed in the major factual misrepresentations of the film and the impact of them, even in an entertainment film.

Historical inaccuracies found in the film include the early childhood scenes depicting a Stearman biplane crop duster in 1923, as the aircraft was not accurate for the period and the first commercial crop-dusting company did not begin operation until 1924, with the U.S. Department of Agriculture not purchasing its first cotton-dusting plane until 16 April 1926.

The inclusion of Affleck's character in the Eagle Squadron was another jarring aspect as serving U.S. airmen were prohibited from doing so, though some American civilians did join the RAF. Countless other technical lapses such as painting the Japanese Zero fighters green for effect even though Bay knew that was inaccurate, but liked the way the aircraft looked so that audiences could differentiate the "good guys from the bad guys" was another aspect that rankled film critics.

The greatest criticism came when actual historical events were altered for dramatic purposes. For example, Admiral Kimmel was not on a golf course on the morning of the attack (he was planning to meet General Short for a regular game, but cancelled as news of the attack came in), nor was he notified of the Japanese embassy leaving Washington, D.C., prior to the attack.

The first official notification of the attack was received by General Short several hours after the attack had ended. The report of attacking an enemy midget submarine, in real life, did not reach him until after the bombs began falling.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think ROTF is a bad movie that has its moments of "brillance", for instance, I find the beginning of the movie [up until Optimus' death, and excluding the College Scenes] to be very well-built, the whole "The Fallen" thing, the forest Battle is excellent, Doctor Scalpel is a amusing little character [also known as Ze Doktor], then it turns to crap for an hour or so [apart from a few moments of Wheelie].

THEN, Jetfire! One of the best characters in recent transformer years, Jetfire entertain us for a few minutes, and then he vanishes as well, we return to crap.

The movie goes back to its rails in the Egypt battle [despite the battle being headeche-inducing].

As I've said once, it is the middle of the movie that fucks things up, the beginning and the end are fairly good.

6. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

:2c: 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    DOTM bad, ROTF isn't, TF1 is Godsend...

Am I in backwards land?

8. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    I liked DOTM best, ROTF second best, TF1 third.
    I liked both DOTM and ROTF for different reasons
    :) 

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Having watched Tora!Tora!Tora! last night, I am reminded how bad Pearl Harbor was.

Pearl Harbor was f*cking terrible, and RotF wasn't much better.

10. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Its like jaws 3 and 4 for me. Those two movies were horrible yet i still managed to like them for reasons I don't know.

11. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Why would you prefer ROTF to TF1 in any possible way?

*slap*

12. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen.. I didn't see it as bad until Dark of the Moon came out...like, as the middle part of a trilogy, so much more could have happened. The first movie, was amazing, imo. A lot of people complain about how long it took to see any more TFs other than Blackout, but it was a nice pace.

RotF threw away the potential plot of having Starscream take over the Decepticons (he flew into space in the after credits of the 1st movie and Barricade was still alive...) and maybe even bring back Megatron as Galvatron(sure they gave a reason why they didn't do this, but I think it'd be epic ot see Unicron on the big screen, even in a slumber mode)...and WORST OF ALL, THE DECEPTICONS (as bad guys) should have been the victors in the 2nd movie to allow the trilogy to progess...

So much could have been done for a sequel to such a nice movie.. but if it went TF1 THEN DotM without RotF, I think it'd be better...

13. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

They're both very special in their own little way.

14. guncannon109

guncannon109 Just passing through

The first movie was awesome, no doubt about that, ROTF started out good, but than it went south when Prime died, but ended on a strong note, and DOTM like the first one, was awesome!

15. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

ROTF had a good start. Crappy college scenes. A brilliant fight in the middle. As others have said, the film goes south from Prime's death. But the saving grace of ROTF, what made it a movie worth watching was..

JETFIRE!

Genius. Simply genius he was.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    No.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Is Pearl Harbor bad? Yes it's so bad there should be a law that the first words out of Micheal Bay's mouth during any public statement should be "I'm so sorry I subjected people to my version of Pearl Harbor".

But comparing Revenge of the Fallen to Pearl Harbor doesn't make Revenge of Fallen seem better. Sure a punch in the tender bits isn't as bad as a kick in the tender bits with a steel toed boot, but the punch still isn't a fun experience.

18. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    First Film - Awesome classic

Second Film - All right. Enjoyable to watch

Third Film - Brilliant and action packed

That's just my opinion

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If I say Pearl Harbour was bad does that make me a Gewunner?
    Indeed. Saying there's worse out there doesn't make anything less worse.

20. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

I've never seen Pearl Harbor before, but comparing ROTF with a movie that's bad doesn't make it any better.
    Face it, ROTF is one of those movies that are so-so. Some sequels are like that.