Who else thinks the hover ability for destroyer is kinda useless most of the time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Aug 31, 2012.

1. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

It seems pretty useless. I mean the only uses i've had for it are hovering up and going to a platform to avoid like a group of enemies. There was only one time i actually killed someone with the slam of it. I Just can't figure it out.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I find it really helpful the damage isnt the most powerful but its helpful. You can use it to dodge attacks and get a quilk hit or two in the air.

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's good for surprise attacks. You need to be quick about activating it, throwing down a shot or two and then dropping. If you're spending the time to hover, then you're going to lose that element of surprise and just get gunned down.

Also, in more open areas, it's a great way to escape Whirlwind.

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I think it's incredibly useful.

You can use it for mobility and surprise attacks. For example, hovering up above a conquest node to get those crucial first shots off on an enemy.

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea hover is a suprise attack its not like WFC's hover

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

In campaign I'd use it for getting around, hit the jump button to cancel it out. Just like a mega double jump.

7. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Its basically the best ability in the game. However, its also the only ability that you really have to embrace as another move, not as a special ability. Skill is everything.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I'm preferring it over the shield actually. I do wish the damage and radius was higher but I'm loving it.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    ^
    All that.

It is God tier when a Titan is cornering you with Whirlwind.

10. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Btw, that jetpack ground pound thing is useless most of the time and will get you killed. It can be usefull at very specific battles, but I would not use it normally.

11. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

Yeah, ive used it more today and gotten the hang of it. I just wish the ground pound was more effective. it's very satisfying to kill someone with the ground pound.

12. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

As a standalone move it's mediocre. I missed the warcry like buff you got from the campaign/WFC. That being said, it's superb in certain situations: escaping whirlwind, better advantage, and schooling other destroyers with barrier.

You can hover over their barrier to hit them with splash damage, then smash through it. Out in the open though, or down a long hallway with a low ceiling-- worthless. Thats why having the 3 builds is great. Know your map so you can know when to pick hover.

13. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its great for an opener which is what I use it mainly as. I'll rush somewhere in vehicle mode then right when I'm on the enemy I'll jump and transform then while in the air you hit your hover. If they know where you went then slam right away and shoot that cannon! If they can't figure out where you went then you can get your quick 4 cannon clip into them and get an easy kill. It doesn't happen often that I get to use it as an escape tool but it is perfect for getting away from whirlwind.