Who else is sick of the term "Haters"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Well seeing as my thinly veiled jab at the folks who use the term "hater" as a derogitory tool was closed (as I knew it would be). I will just open up a thread for the real question. Who out there who disliked the movie is sick of being labeled a "hater"?

The fact that the admin of this website supports the seperation of the fan base with the "Tell the critics and Haters etc etc" contest is pretty damn irritating as well.

So if we "haters" have any rights or voice on this forum leave this thread open and let us express it. If not, the answer will be pretty easy to see.

2. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    You Could've easily posted this in the "Haters, What did you like?" Thread...

3. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    No, I'd rather not accept the label thank you.

4. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    flame war in 3...2...1...

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Not my intention at all. Just trying to get some respect. If this is a ROTF lovers only site I think we deserve to know.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm sick of "Bayformers" as a derogatory term but I can't just wish it away. People will always call things what they want.

7. tomboland

News Credits:
    i know its not ur intention but it is exactly what you are 99% sure going to get!

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    True but having it "officially" supporting is what sticks in my craw. Like a thread with hater in the title is tollerated while something on the other end of the spectrum is closed.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not to sound like a total etymologist, but if you really don't like the movie aren't you a "hater?" I mean, would you prefer a different name like "movie-not-liker?" I'm kind of confused.

Not to point fingers or anything, but looking at your user title and judging by your sig, haven't you already accepted that label...?

10. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    No, I'm a transformers fan that doesn't like the movie. I'd prefer the term transformers fan, regardless of my stance on the movie. an Appropriate title for a thread would be "What did you find wrong with the juvenile humor" etc etc.

P.S. I caught that before your post ;) 

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Usually the only people who use the term "hater" in real life are people who others hate. Because they're annoying.

12. tomboland

News Credits:
    i think your topic was closed because u called ppl that like it "leg humpers".

while "haters" are called so because thats what they are.

13. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

So, you created a new thread that you knew was going to be closed by the mods?

Well, did you hate the movie or not?

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The day people stop using the term "bayformer" against people who like the movies is the same day people stop calling people who don't like the movie "haters".

How I long for such a day.....*sigh*

15. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Well the folks that love the movie support leg-humping so what should I call them ;) 

16. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

I don't think "haters" means that someone simply didn't dislike the movie. Haters is more reserved for people who decide that in every single thread regarding the movie, they have to chime in about how they thought it sucked, even if the thread has nothing to do with the quality of the film itself. You didn't like the film, fine. Express it where & when it is asked. If the thread was about, "do you love/hate this film, explain why?" then that is the right place. If the thread deals with "This movie has made this amount of money since opening" then it has no place. I have an account on IMDB and lord knows there are plenty of films I have disliked. The difference, I don't waste my time actively telling everyone how much I disliked the film. What's worse, there are people that actually haven't seen the film and continue to bash it based on prejudice for Bay or secondhand knowledge. A hater is someone who actively continues to trash the movie for the sake of reading their own words over and over. In no way am I saying the movie is flawless, that would be a lie. The script was rushed due to the writer's strike and the story suffered. Some of the humor was unnecessary, but it took so little of the screen time and had no impact on the story either. That said, I still enjoyed it thoroughly. Also, no disrespect to you, but when you have a sig like yours you can't expect not to be labeled a hater.

17. tomboland

News Credits:
    well.....ppl that hated it are called "haters", so why not call ppl that liked it "likers"?????

common sense

18. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I appreciate the well thought out an logical response. Problem being is that the folks that hate the movie for very valid and representable reasons are still labeled "haters".

That an my sig is accurate. The movie is full of plot holes caused by Michael Bay.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i am tired of people bashing this film
    i am tired of people making stupid theories about the multiple constructicons
    i am tired of poeple calling the twins racist
    i am tired of the pure bullshit that people state....seriously, the ones that form devastator don't transform they say? bullshit

i love the movie, so what, i wished i could enjoy it without people all telling me it was terrible....and g1 had WAY more plotholes than the movie bucko, just sayin

20. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I'm sick of the terms themselves....but somewhat of how they get thrown around. It seems a lot of people simply drew a line and play the "you're either with us or against us" game. I dislike how some consider anyone that criticizes the movies a "hater" or "geewun" regardless of their reasons for not liking said film. To me, the haters are those that are destined and bound to not like the movies and to always find something to complain about....the problem is the term also gets thrown on those that genuinely tried to like the films, but ultimately didn't for whatever reason and want to voice their opinions. I wish most people were more willing to accept the opinions of others without resorting to the labels....unless the label fits and is completely justified.

For the record, G1 was my favorite show growing up and I'm a big fan of the movieverse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.